BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 2, 2014 6:49 pm  #61

Re: Favourite Quotes from Fan Fics *warning - possible adult content*

Wow, what an awesome choice, Harriet! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 2, 2014 7:13 pm  #62

All these from Katie Forsythe's „Twelfth Night“ - and some of them rather explicit

„He had obviously not long been back from his surveillance--masquerading as a stevedore, I believe, though I cannot bring myself to care--but he had managed to remove all of his clothing from the waist up and cover himself with a gorgeously fluttering half-open dressing gown.  This is the sort of thing which used absolutely to madden me: Holmes had sworn to return by seven for our mutual feast, and here it was ten in the evening and he had not even finished wiping the soot from his face.  And yet somehow, somehow, he had managed to find the time to render himself half-naked.“

“I stare at his hands the way some men stare at explicit photography.“

(Directly following the one before, seperated just for the effect) „As for me, an entire diorama of naked men and nubile young females, hard and wet respectively, displaying themselves in the most lewd and mutual sharing of Bacchanalian lust, feeding each others' every orifice while Jove in the form of an erect stallion looked on with relish, would not have distracted me for so much as a single second if Sherlock Holmes' index finger also happened to be in the room within my line of sight.  Why mince words on the subject?“

“My friend's eyes are a still worse temptation than his hands.“

“… apparently the only thing more devastating than Sherlock Holmes is Sherlock Holmes wearing eye liner.“

Last edited by Harriet (July 2, 2014 7:20 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

July 2, 2014 7:16 pm  #63

Trying to get my breath under control. And fanning myself. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 2, 2014 7:19 pm  #64

Beautiful quothes. And the most skilled fanfiction author thus far - every word from her is like a poetry.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 2, 2014 7:23 pm  #65

Thanks, you both 

Susi, I've splitted the above post now with regard to sensitive people who need a little break in between 

So this one is part two of the above Twelfth Night:

“I sighed as the cloth soothed away the dried blood on my brow.  He owns a remarkable delicacy of touch.  It must have something to do with the parallel delicacy of his hands.  Have I mentioned his hands?  Holmes' hands are God's proof of benevolence to mankind, me in particular.  They...but I digress.“

“Holmes went silent, dabbing at my brow tenderly.  Like a gentle nursemaid.  Like a loving helpmate.  Like a caressing spirit.  Like a very, very gay man.“

"Have you ever considered conquering Persia?"
"I--"
"Never mind.  In any case, the very idea of you in one of those clubs, Holmes, arching an eyebrow at a virile young blond wearing a green carnation, an implicit signal that you would like to bend him over in a washroom while two of his other friends watched you at work, well...it quite boiled my blood, I need hardly tell you."
"Precisely.  You need hardly tell me.  Therefore, cease doing so," he said icily.

"You are," I expounded, "the ponciest tosser to have ever minced his way into a pair of trousers.  You are gayer than Stanley Hopkins when he sings second tenor in the policeman's chorus wearing his dress uniform.  You are as queer as a public schoolboy with a penchant for Greeks...“

“I myself am enamored of the male cock, Holmes.  I'm quite fond of the things.  Can't seem to get enough of them, in fact, and I stick them in all sorts of--well, let us just say that I find creative uses for them.  Some might call it a craft, but I prefer to think of it as an art.“

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

July 2, 2014 7:48 pm  #66

I hope you are not talking about me, darling. :-)

July 2, 2014 7:54 pm  #67

LOL, actually ... 

July 2, 2014 8:21 pm  #68

I read them without the break and did not break. 

July 3, 2014 5:31 pm  #69

*swoon*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 7, 2014 2:22 am  #70

In "The Sum of Us," John and Sherlock have been, um, doing it, for a while, and John is just starting to be more open about it. Here's the quote where he lashes out after getting a negative reaction from some older friends (rugby team):

You worried I’m secretly lusting after you? That it? Well allow me to burst that bubble for you, I wouldn’t touch your lardy arse with a ten foot pole. Yeah, I fell in love with a bloke. A beautiful, tall bloke who outsmarts all of us put together and who is infinitely better than you in any way you can imagine. So don’t you worry your ignorant little head about how I might turn into some kind of gay predator out to shag every single one of you cause trust me, I got something so much better to go home to.”

http://archiveofourown.org/works/394956

Sherlock has, er, a "sexual consultant" in this one, too. See who it is.

Any time, in a fanfic, John raves (or sighs) about Sherlock's beauty, I figure the writer must be pretty, well, Ben-addicted. That's usually how it is with fan fic writers - "into" one or the other of the actors. 

Last edited by SherlocklivesinOH (July 10, 2014 1:34 am)

July 7, 2014 2:35 am  #71

SherlocklivesinOH wrote:

In "The Sum of Us," John and Sherlock have been, um, doing it, for a while, and John is just starting to be more open about it. Here's the quote where he ashes out after getting a negative reaction from some older friends (rugby team):

I read that one quite a while ago, and I remember the scene from which you've quoted here. It was quite a scene and very well done. It can be hard to write realistic-sounding dialogue, but I agree, the author did well!

July 8, 2014 2:57 am  #72

ancientsgate wrote:

SherlocklivesinOH wrote:

In "The Sum of Us," John and Sherlock have been, um, doing it, for a while, and John is just starting to be more open about it. Here's the quote where he ashes out after getting a negative reaction from some older friends (rugby team):

I read that one quite a while ago, and I remember the scene from which you've quoted here. It was quite a scene and very well done. It can be hard to write realistic-sounding dialogue, but I agree, the author did well!

Perhaps because, among other things, the homophobia is not SO over-the-top, as it is when an author really wants to make a character "bad"? And it deals with the issue that I think is often at the root of homophobia: "Does he want me? And would I really NOT be interested if he did?" 

I like anything where one of the boys verbalizes how attractive they find the other - especially when it's TO each other, as part of the preliminary stages of, well, you know...

In this Katie Forsythe fic, Holmes tells the story of how his first partner betrayed him (and was caught with another man). Watson replies:

"I cannot imagine a man who could have you would ever waste his time with lesser creatures."

http://liquidfic.org/roylott.html

Same sentiment. 

Last edited by SherlocklivesinOH (July 8, 2014 2:58 am)

July 8, 2014 6:57 am  #73

July 8, 2014 6:08 pm  #74

I have just read the amazing "Letters" series by earlgreytea68, brilliantly written and thoroughly heartwrenching and my favourite quote is from the letter from John to Sherlock:

"Come home.Please. I love you more than I can say. more than I can tell you, so let me show you.Come home, and I will never let you shatter. I will keep you, safe and sound, my love, my life, my heart.Please." (Letters, Revisited)

July 8, 2014 11:13 pm  #75

Germansherlockfan wrote:

I have just read the amazing "Letters" series by earlgreytea68, brilliantly written and thoroughly heartwrenching and my favourite quote is from the letter from John to Sherlock:
"Come home.Please. I love you more than I can say. more than I can tell you, so let me show you.Come home, and I will never let you shatter. I will keep you, safe and sound, my love, my life, my heart.Please." (Letters, Revisited)  

*swoon*  That doesn't sound like anything one man would write to another, but.... I think I maybe don't care.  heh

July 16, 2014 3:11 pm  #76

From Silent Auror The Rising Tide (not one of my favs, but I like these quotes) about their relationship:

That light flickers in Sherlock’s eyes. “We know the where, the who, and the why,” he says. “We’re just missing the what and the when.”

and soon then:

Sherlock sits up just a little, pushing himself onto his elbows. “It’s not a mystery. I lied: we do know the when. The when is now. The what is up to you, John Watson.”

Last edited by Harriet (July 16, 2014 3:56 pm)

July 16, 2014 3:47 pm  #77

Harriet wrote:

From Silent Auror The Rising Tide (not one of my favs, but I like this) about their relationship:

Great quotes, Harriet. Thanks for sharing. Made me smile.

July 16, 2014 3:55 pm  #78

You're welcome, ag. I started the habit of bookmarking all the good quotes from any fanfic I read on my reader, so I hope there will be more every now and then 

July 22, 2014 1:33 pm  #79

I just finished earlygreytea68's skating AU, "Working on the Edges", which I enjoyed quite a lot, since I'm a figure skating afficienado from way, way back (anyone remember the Battle of the Brians at the '88 Olympics in Calgary?  that's how way back I go). Sherlock is a British figure skater, John is a member of the American hockey team. Loved these final lines:

Sherlock's gaze was solemn and intent. He said, “I used to think, when I was with you, the feeling was just exactly like being in the middle of a quad, and I didn’t know yet whether or not I was going to land it.”John looked up at him. “And now?”“There’s always a moment in a jump when you know. You just know. You are beautifully aligned and the rotation is tight and it doesn’t matter that you’ve lost the ice underneath you and you’re flying through the air, you just know—you know—that it will be there for you when you want it back, that it will grab you, catch you, propel you into the next motion. There is a moment when you know. And I know about the quad now. I’m going to land it perfectly.”After a moment John smiled. “And I expect you to teach me how to do that, too.”“Whilst holding a hockey stick?”“Possibly,” laughed John.And when he kissed Sherlock, he knew exactly what Sherlock meant, because he felt as if he could see the net right in front of him, and he knew it would be a goal.

Last edited by ancientsgate (July 22, 2014 2:28 pm)

July 22, 2014 2:10 pm  #80

AG, I got to meet Brian Boitono and got his autograph!   

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera