BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 13, 2015 7:03 pm  #201

Re: Favourite Quotes from Fan Fics *warning - possible adult content*

Thanks, it's a nice feature.

But what would I have used it for? Where exactly do you see a spoiler in my quotes? I can assure you, none of them gives away what the story is about or how it ends!

(You did know that Noah's ark was finished in time, didn't you?)

Last edited by Kittyhawk (June 13, 2015 7:18 pm)

June 13, 2015 7:40 pm  #202

Some here have read some fics already and others still on their reading list.
So it's polite to put the quotes in such tags.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 13, 2015 7:54 pm  #203

I disagree with such a general statement.  I would have put my quotes in "spoiler" tags if I had thought that reading the quotes out of context would spoil  the reader's enjoyment of the story later on. But what is there that would spoil anything? (You did read the quotes, didn't you?)

If the quote is not a spolier, it's a nuisance to have to click on the button and wait for the quote to appear. I did not read many of the quotes in spoiler tags on the previous ten pages for exactly that reason.

June 13, 2015 8:31 pm  #204

The thing is that some people may regard things as spoilers that others do not. Therefore it is a matter of politeness to use the spoilers tags. At least for me it is no nuisance at all to click and see the quote appear in 1.79 seconds (I took the trouble of stopping the time). 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 14, 2015 2:11 am  #205

I've just seen two mentions of Albion and the Woodsman here on the forum today, what is it and where can I find it please?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 14, 2015 7:16 am  #206

Albion and the woodsman is basically a parent lock fic, one of the very few I personally like, I'm usually not at all into parentlock. But the writing and characterization in this one is all too lovely. I wanted to share a link, it was on AO3, but it doesn't work anymore. I don't know if the story has been removed...

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

June 22, 2015 4:50 pm  #207

From Loosed Reins by AggressiveWhenStartled

This fic has some funny complications:

Why had it taken him so long to realize it? Sherlock had absolutely no sense of boundaries; it had been something he’d needed to learn with the same exacting care he learned anything he needed for the work. Still, he should have noticed sooner that John did have boundaries; in fact, John had amazingly wide boundaries. He simply never had them when Sherlock was the one testing them.

“I don’t want to sleep with you,” Sherlock told John sternly, glaring at him from the sofa.
John had just settled into his chair with a small plate of biscuits and a book, and barely glanced up. “I’ll cross shagging my insane flatmate off my to do list, then,” he replied, not really paying attention.

Sherlock frowned. “You aren’t taking me seriously,” he accused, sitting up.

It would be uncomfortable and boring, and as skilled as Sherlock was at lying, John would eventually realize and then get angry at Sherlock, which would be completely unfair, but entirely to be expected; John was unfortunately very much like normal people in certain ways. He would leave regardless of what Sherlock promised to do for him, and until then Sherlock would be bored, sore, and distantly irritated with the mess.

Sherlock still didn’t understand how “I will have sex with you even when I don’t want it because I want you to stay with me” was not seen as the selfless, giving gesture it clearly was, but he couldn’t change that. He could, however, change the direction of this train wreck waiting to happen.

“You should come with a warning label,” John told him, pointing an accusing finger. “Everyone and their dog knows you’re attractive. Celibate recluse monks in Tibet know you’re attractive. It comes with being insanely attractive. It doesn’t make me gay to notice it.”

“No, you’re entirely correct,” Sherlock agreed, “I should have been more clear. The part where you are clearly aroused when you notice my attractiveness is what makes you bisexual.”
John dropped his face into his hands, headache clearly blooming. “Fine. Whatever. I won’t have sex with you. Got it.”

“I’m simply not at all interested in sexual intercourse,” Sherlock explained, “and since you have sex with so many people it shouldn’t be much of a hardship to avoid having it with me.”
“Did you just call me a slag?” John asked, dazed.

Sherlock waved a hand at him, dismissive. “Of course not, I merely noted that you have many and varied sexual partners, and that you do not seem to be overly selective about them.”
“You just called me a slag,” John decided.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera