BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 5, 2014 7:57 pm  #61

Re: Handicrafts?

I know, so much creativity, too little time! I hope you do find the time for most of your projects!

This is the glove I stitched the sequins onto... I also made the little gold suit for the monkey. 

Not sure if this counts as a handicraft... but I used to be really into nail art. I'm sorry for the bad pictures... All the effects are painted on in hand, Most of them using a plastic toothpick. 

Trying to match my favourite skirt

Pirate theme (and my old bedroom in the background...)

Dark blue and Gold stripes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 27, 2014 7:10 pm  #62

I was tempted to start this with... "Here's a little number I tossed off recently in the Caribbean," but I don't suppose many people will get that one (extra points to those who do). But anyway, I meant to say that I got out my fabric painting gear again in the past few weeks and designed a few more t-shirts. One is actually Sherlock-themed, the other two relate to Cabin Pressure. Guess I'm all set to attend the Euro AirDot Con in Milan next month, then.

WIP

Front

Back

Front

Back

WIP

Front

Back

July 27, 2014 7:14 pm  #63

Love that! Yellow car rules 

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

July 27, 2014 8:09 pm  #64

Fabuloua.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 27, 2014 8:42 pm  #65

Great TeeJay, especially the Sherlock one  . It's one of those themes only fans will understand  .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

July 27, 2014 9:00 pm  #66

stoertebeker wrote:

It's one of those themes only fans will understand .

Yep, especially the back. Though I wonder what other people might think when they see me with a floating, severed eye in a mug on my chest.

July 27, 2014 9:10 pm  #67

Those are FANTASTIC!! You're incredible talented

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 28, 2014 8:23 am  #68

Thanks!

July 28, 2014 8:30 am  #69

TeeJay wrote:

stoertebeker wrote:

It's one of those themes only fans will understand .

Yep, especially the back. Though I wonder what other people might think when they see me with a floating, severed eye in a mug on my chest.

Oh, I stopped wondering about that quite a while ago. 
Although I still wouldn't wear the "I don't shave for Sherlock Holmes"-tee. 

Yours are very nice and very well done. I really like the lemon and the yellow car. 
Friend of mine makes her own shirts, too. All those possibilities... I'm wondering if I should give it a try. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 28, 2014 5:02 pm  #70

Why not? Although I have to say that the more intricate things (in German I would say "filigran") probably take some practice -- and good, preferably thin brushes. Especially things like small letters or thin lines. If you've never done fabric painting (or normal painting, for that matter), I would recommend you start with a rather simple design. There are also felt tip pens for fabric painting, that might be an alternative. (Although mixing colours and colour blends don't work that well with pens.)

Board footera