BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 7, 2014 6:58 pm  #21

Re: Theory about Mycroft and Mary

I don't know...that's what I'm wondering!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 7, 2014 8:26 pm  #22

"It would take Sherlock Holmes to fool me." Mycroft doesn´t know-

Last edited by Mrs.Wenceslas (May 7, 2014 8:26 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

May 7, 2014 8:28 pm  #23

You reckon?
See, I  wasn't sure if he was playing with John...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 7, 2014 8:33 pm  #24

If Mycroft knew about Irene being alive, I think Mycroft would be convinced that Sherlock tells /almost/ everything to John...At least things he wouldn´t tell Mycroft. So I´m not sure if that would be the point to play with John. erm? not sure if I explained it well either 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

May 7, 2014 8:35 pm  #25

It's just the thing about Mycroft supposedly being the cleverest man alive...how many times can he be fooled?
Well he certainly didn't know Irene was working for Moriarty, so he wasn't that damn clever!

May 7, 2014 8:38 pm  #26

I don´t see Mycroft as the cleverest and unmistakable...he made a lot of mistakes. Irene working for Moriarty is definitely one of them.

May 7, 2014 8:42 pm  #27

And I never forgave him for having a go at Sherlock about that one...

May 7, 2014 9:12 pm  #28

I don't think Mycroft knew that Irene was alive, so yes, he can be fooled. I'm just suspicious about the way he's supposedly fooled in HLV. The man is supposed to be a genius. He must have smelled a fish with the Christmas trick, Sherlock hates christmas.

Though I admit it's really hard to write about geniuses when you aren't one, I'm trying that now, quite a bit of the little plotty bits disappear in the 'Oh, but he'd know'.

May 8, 2014 5:25 am  #29

I'm  a bit surprised he hasn't sussed Mary out, either...

May 9, 2014 4:19 am  #30

We know, from Magnesson that Mary did work for the CIA before she started feelance "wet jobs" (meanig assasinating people).  I have a suspion that she was hired multiple times to do Moriarty's dirty work.  She could have easily been one of his hired snippers in The Great Game.  If this were her past it would definetly be enough to make John stop loving her,  I bet because of her past Mary (and baby) will leave and change her identidy opossed to dieing.

"Look I'm in shock. I've got a blanket."
"It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun?"
"I will burn the heart out of you."
"Lets have dinner."
"I don't have friends. I've just got one."
"Don't,"
"Just the two of us against the rest of the world."
"Oh, Sherlock, what do we say about coincidences?"
"Did you miss me?"

May 9, 2014 4:30 am  #31

SusiGo wrote:

And he would have researched her thoroughly.
If Mary has been planted there - which is entirely possible given her special "talents" and the fact that it would be an enormous coincidence that someone like her meets John just like that - I suppose it was by someone else. Which of course may depend on the question if Moriarty is really dead or if someone uses him. 

Wouldn't be the first time Moreiarty planted an assassin near John and Sherlock.

"Look I'm in shock. I've got a blanket."
"It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun?"
"I will burn the heart out of you."
"Lets have dinner."
"I don't have friends. I've just got one."
"Don't,"
"Just the two of us against the rest of the world."
"Oh, Sherlock, what do we say about coincidences?"
"Did you miss me?"

Board footera