BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 30, 2014 9:47 pm  #21

Re: Seminar paper on Sherlock

Wise decision. Good luck.  

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 1, 2014 5:47 am  #22

I know in interview Mark comments about only just allowing them to get away with that one!
But it is homestly one of the best scenes in the show!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 1, 2014 8:58 am  #23

Have fun, Pav - I'm glad that this is decided now 
And in case - feel free to discuss it here as well 

Last edited by Harriet (May 1, 2014 9:00 am)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 15, 2014 9:30 pm  #24

How is it going? 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 16, 2014 6:36 am  #25

I have 4.5 pages but I have analysed only 8 parts out of 29. I'm afraid I wasn't very efficient but I didn't have much time as my boyfriend came to visit me to Prague last weekend and as today is the last day of the semester and teachers have gone mad but I'm working on it.

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

May 16, 2014 8:39 am  #26

Sounds like you are confident?

May 16, 2014 8:17 pm  #27

Well, I have to hand the paper in by Wednesday (or Thursday if I will arrange it with the teacher) if I don't want to postpone the exam. I hope that I can make it. I've already analysed the most difficult lines and I've done a lot of thinking and research so I'm optimistic. And if you want to help me, would you share your ideas about the things below please?
1) And my client is? Illustrious… in the extreme. - illustrious: Czech translations "highborn" x "well-known". Which is better? Can both be used?
2) The employer means royal family, right? And if you have to decide between he and she?
3) A matter has come to light of an extremely delicate and potentially criminal nature, and in this hour of need, dear brother, your name has arisen. - criminal: Czech translations "dangerous" x "illegal". Which is better? Can both be used?

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -

May 16, 2014 8:30 pm  #28

What does this x mean?

May 16, 2014 8:38 pm  #29

Versus (I see I should have written vs.)

May 16, 2014 8:38 pm  #30

1) I think better is "well - known". "Highborn" isn't that similar to "illustrious" and "well-known"
2) You ask who was the employer right? I think employer is this "female person" with whom Irene has photos, so I say she
3) I think both "dangerous" and "illegal" can be use but I will choose "illegal", better fits.

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 16, 2014 8:44 pm  #31

2) I'm not sure. I thought the employer was a level above? 

Last edited by Harriet (May 16, 2014 8:45 pm)

May 16, 2014 8:52 pm  #32

Yes, I wasn't quite sure. But I will stick with "she"

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 16, 2014 8:52 pm  #33

That would be a she, anyway - the ashtray owner lady 

May 16, 2014 10:21 pm  #34

It sounds a lot of fun as well as hard work. I've found it is better to choose something that you can get  excited and enthusiastic about especially if it will take a long time to write. Good luck.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We solve crimes, I blog about it and he forgets his pants, so I wouldn’t hold out too much hope. (Scandal in Belgravia)

I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead..........I heard you.(The Empty Hearse)

May 18, 2014 9:12 pm  #35

Thanks for your ideas. And you're right, Morton. It's definitely more fun than a seminar paper on passive voice

May 22, 2014 8:42 pm  #36

Good news! I finished my paper today, 15 pages. Keep your fingers crossed for me on exam day next Wednesday.

May 22, 2014 9:12 pm  #37

You've finished it already? How time flies! Congratulations!  I hope all goes well. Are you satisfied with your result so far? 

May 22, 2014 9:32 pm  #38

I am and I hope my teacher will be as well. However, I'm not sure about some of the terminology I used and I fear the additional questions I will have to answer because I was sometimes deliberately not commenting on some things.

May 22, 2014 9:40 pm  #39

So this was a big step forward, and it's great you think it went well so far. Now find out what exactly you are not sure about and do some research.
I'll keep my fingers crossed 

May 28, 2014 4:59 pm  #40

I passed! The grade isn't very good but this teacher really makes me nervous and it always looks like that I know nothing at all so I'm just happy not to fail. We didn't discuss the paper almost at all so at the end I asked her about it and she said that she really liked it. She complimented on my observations and my feeling for language but she said that some of the terminology wasn't used correctly. Well, thank you all again for helping me. I had fun writing it. Special thanks to Susi and Davina.

Board footera