BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 28, 2014 1:52 pm  #1

I think I know how Moriarty faked his death...

Remember the kidnapper who looked exactly like Sherlock? And any one of u watched Sherlock Holmes A Game of Shadows? Remember Dr.Hoffmanstahl? Remember how he implemented facial surgery to make one look exactly like the other? What if something like that was done to the kidnapper to make him look like Sherlock and make Richard Brooke look exactly like Moriarty? In other words,Richard Brooke was infact real and Moriarty must've blackmailed him (Richard) by taking his family as hostages and forced him to take the face surgery and look like Moriarty himself? Then he twisted the fact that Richard Brooke was real to everyone and made Sherlok believe that Richard Brooke was in fact Moriarty(which actually isn't true...).In other words,Moriarty turned the truth into a lie and lied about that lie by telling everyone the truth and making Holmes believe the opposite because,Moriarty knows that Sherlock thinks that everything is so "clever".So he fools Sherlock by pulling a simple trick.It's something like this:
 My room door is closed and the keys are inside the room.How will i open it? Many of you will say that I should try lockpicking the door or breaking open the door,or climbing into the room from the back window,when the most simple solution is:TRY PULLING THE DOOR OPEN.Because I never said the door was locked.It's you guys who believed that the door was locked.
 It's like that.Moriarty claims that Richard Brooke was real.While Sherlock believes that Moriarty was faking himself by building another character who didn't exist.Remember how he claimed to know the computer code that opens into any door all over the world? He actually did that by bribing the security guards to open the door themselves at the same time.Sherlock was the only one to believe that Moriarty had a real code.
 So basically Moriarty did this to fake his death:
He first kidnaps Richard Brooke's family and his loved ones.Then blackmails Richard to take the facial surgery to become Moriarty's double.Then makes him act like Moriarty himself.Then forces himself to shoot himself at the rooftop (much like Ravache from Sherlock Holmes a game of shadows).

Last edited by Bixxel (April 28, 2014 1:56 pm)

April 29, 2014 9:37 am  #2

Re: I think I know how Moriarty faked his death...

I like that idea. It can be much simpler, though, without needing the surgery. Maybe we haven't even seen Moriarty yet and the actor Richard Brooks was a really good actor. So Brooks is the spokesman and Moriarty stays in the shadows. Then they don't even have to look alike. 

April 29, 2014 10:00 am  #3

Like boths ideas. Or twins maybe ;).

Btw for the kidnapper: the coat and the hairstyle would be enough to scare the kid off.

Last edited by zeratul (April 29, 2014 10:00 am)

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

May 5, 2014 5:02 pm  #4

Or maybe,Richard Brooke was his....twin?? Nah...that's non sensible.

May 5, 2014 7:16 pm  #5

Bixxel wrote:

So basically Moriarty did this to fake his death:
He first kidnaps Richard Brooke's family and his loved ones.Then blackmails Richard to take the facial surgery to become Moriarty's double.Then makes him act like Moriarty himself.Then forces himself to shoot himself at the rooftop (much like Ravache from Sherlock Holmes a game of shadows).

Wow, that is the most complex idea of Moriarty death I ever heard.  I wonder - this would be massive operation with this changing face and others things, many people (not only Moriarty and Richard) must have known the truth so statistically someone someday would probably reveal whole story (if not by accident than mabye, I don't know, to take revenge on Moriatry - we couldn't assume that all Moriarty's men will be loyal to him). How Moriarty had prevented this situation in past or will prevent them in future?
But I like this idea. It's very neat - even when Richard wanted to say the truth, nobody would have listened becasue people thought that he was Moriarty. Tricky

Last edited by MartaSt (May 5, 2014 7:17 pm)

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 6, 2014 9:30 am  #6

Very nice idea

"I'm not a psychopath, Anderson, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research."

Board footera