BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 22, 2014 12:17 pm  #1

Hello from France!

Hey there y'all, I'm new to forums. Frankly never been on one!
I've had a love for Sherlock Holmes ever since I was old enough to read and I (most of the time) walk around with a deerstalker. Sherlock BBC has caught my eye really late (middle of S2-S3 hiatus) and now I'm addicted to it.
I have a massive love for Mycroft Holmes and Series 3, notably HLV.
So I was wondering, can someone help me a bit? Push me towards some posts?
Thanx A lot Sherlockian fans!
-NRed.

SH: Can’t handle a broken heart? How very telling.
MH: Don’t be smart.
SH: That takes me back. [adopts creepy child voice]“Don’t be smart Sherlock, I’m the smart one.”
MH [darkly]: I am the smart one.
SH: I used to think I was an idiot
MH: I'm living in a world of goldfish.
SH: I don’t know. No, I thought perhaps you might have found yourself a…goldfish.
MH: Change the subject. Now.

April 22, 2014 12:31 pm  #2

Re: Hello from France!

Hey! I'm new too but already I've found loads of great stuff! If you like Mycroft, then check out the Mycroft picture thread under 'General Sherlock Discussion'! I've had a look and there's some great pics! I plan to add some of my own later! Also, you can read specifically about series 3 if you want to! Everything's on here! Hope you have as much fun as I am!!!! Welcome to the BBC Sherlock Fan Forum!

"Anderson, don’t talk out loud. You lower the IQ of the whole street.”
 - Sherlock Holmes
"Brainy's the new sexy"  -  Irene Adler
“We solve crimes. I blog about it, he forgets his pants. I wouldn’t hold out to much hope.”  - John Watson
"Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"  - Jim Moriarty

April 22, 2014 12:39 pm  #3

Bienvenue! I love your name. Very appropriate for this forum. (Although Nausicaa means "burner of ships.")
 In Homer's Odyssey, Nausicaa does these things:
Plays with a ball.
Has unrequited love for the hero of the story.
Helps the hero of the story disguise himself.
Helps the hero get back home.

Last edited by Arabella Trefoil (April 22, 2014 12:53 pm)

April 22, 2014 12:45 pm  #4

Richard Brook wrote:

Hey! I'm new too but already I've found loads of great stuff! If you like Mycroft, then check out the Mycroft picture thread under 'General Sherlock Discussion'! I've had a look and there's some great pics! I plan to add some of my own later! Also, you can read specifically about series 3 if you want to! Everything's on here! Hope you have as much fun as I am!!!! Welcome to the BBC Sherlock Fan Forum!

Thanks Richard Brook! I look forward to this adventure Nice to meet ya Richard!

Arabella Trefoil wrote:

Bienvenue! I love your name. Very appropriate for this forum. (Although Nausicaa means "burner of ships.")
Plays with a ball.
Ha unrequited love for the hero of the story.

Thankx, chose that name specifically for those reasons Nice to meet ya too Arabella!

Last edited by Nausicäa Reddington (April 22, 2014 12:46 pm)

SH: That takes me back. [adopts creepy child voice]“Don’t be smart Sherlock, I’m the smart one.”
SH: I don’t know. No, I thought perhaps you might have found yourself a…goldfish.

April 22, 2014 12:55 pm  #5

Well done, Nausicaa! You are very clever.

April 22, 2014 1:05 pm  #6

Haha nice to meet you too nausicaa! Love your name as well by the way! Is it from a book?

- Sherlock Holmes
“We solve crimes. I blog about it, he forgets his pants. I wouldn’t hold out to much hope.”  - John Watson
"Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"  - Jim Moriarty

April 22, 2014 1:47 pm  #7

Homer's Odyssey.

April 22, 2014 3:37 pm  #8

Lovely to meet you! Hope you'll find your ways around this forum and have tons of fun!

Love the name!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 22, 2014 4:05 pm  #9

Welcome, Nausicäa, good you found us. Have fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 22, 2014 4:15 pm  #10

Oh thanks Arabella I'll look out for it!

- Sherlock Holmes

April 22, 2014 5:08 pm  #11

Warm welcome, dear, enjoy! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 22, 2014 6:49 pm  #12

Arabella Trefoil wrote:

Plays with a ball.
Has unrequited love for the hero of the story.

Cool… having never thoroughly absorbed Odyssey, had completely forgotten that.  Nice to know.  Concur with the nice choice of name then… and welcome!      Usually when Nausicaa is mentioned, the first thing that comes to mind is Hayao Miyazaki's version.   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 22, 2014 9:02 pm  #13

I was forced marched through the classics (both in both Latin and Greek) at an all girls' school. Very old traditions. We even wore plaid skirts, white shirts, and blazers with the school emblem. Nausicaa appears near the end of the Odyssey, so you don't have to slog through the whole thing. And you don't have to read it in the original Greek. Lucky you!

April 22, 2014 9:46 pm  #14

Hahaha do you know who it's written by, I would love to read it!

- Sherlock Holmes

April 22, 2014 10:05 pm  #15

Just sent you a PM, Richard. Happy reading. Keep the kiddies entertained.

April 22, 2014 10:20 pm  #16

Thanks! Oh, that's my speciality...

- Sherlock Holmes

April 24, 2014 2:21 pm  #17

Hello 

April 24, 2014 3:00 pm  #18

hiiii!!! new comer, too ^^ Always dream of going to your beautiful country 1 day and hope to see you then. Have a nice day ))))))))))))

April 24, 2014 8:17 pm  #19

Indigo wrote:

hiiii!!! new comer, too ^^ Always dream of going to your beautiful country 1 day and hope to see you then. Have a nice day ))))))))))))

Hi Indigo! Nice to meet ya! Just tell me when you're coming by and I'll show you round ;) I don't live that far from Paris! Actually I live on the slope of hill from which I can see Paris and La Défence, it's beautiful

April 25, 2014 6:00 am  #20

Nausicäa Reddington wrote:

Indigo wrote:

Hi Indigo! Nice to meet ya! Just tell me when you're coming by and I'll show you round ;) I don't live that far from Paris! Actually I live on the slope of hill from which I can see Paris and La Défence, it's beautiful

Woahhhh AMAZING!!!!! Now i don't have to worry being alone in Paris, ^^ Can't wait  Thanks for the warming welcome  ohhh and i like your name )))))))

Board footera