BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 14, 2015 6:41 pm  #221

Re: What are you doing?

I am trying to ignore the news about an apparent terrorist attack here in Denmark... It's not that I don't care... it's just... I don't know. It's odd. 

I'm also 'celebrating Valentines'... meaning I'm sipping french sparkling pink lemonade from my fancy champagne glasses and munching on crisps... trying to 'drown my sorrow...' 

I thought this would be a good Valentines... this year I finally have someone but seeing all the couples holding hands today just hurts. Holland feels like it's in a completely other galaxy right now. He did send me a really long and sweet email and we talked this morning. 
Just... meh. 
Reminds me of a documentary I watched a while back about a long distance relationship... "I have a girlfriend but I'm always alone"

Sorry... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 14, 2015 7:10 pm  #222

I'm sitting on the sofa thinking why London is such an expensive city... and why none of the people we contacted for sleeping arrangements answers... I hate to spend money on sleeping in hotels/hostels when there are so many better ways to spend money in such a town... If I ever move to a cool place, everyone will be allowed to stay with me for visits.

Also I'm eating "Kinderriegel" (chocolate bars from Kinderschokolade), yummy I love them!!

And I took a picture of me with two roses which I got today :D (not for valentines day though... but it felt cool walking through town with them because everybody will have thought they were valentines roses^^).

"It is what it is."

February 14, 2015 7:14 pm  #223

I've started looking at hotels too for August... ouch. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 19, 2015 2:08 pm  #224

I'm in the forum. It's good to be in the forum. I felt lonely and lost without. A bit at least. But still... nice to have it back :-) ;-)

"It is what it is."

February 19, 2015 3:05 pm  #225

It's so good to have this place back!! 

My guy and I are plotting a plan of 'attack'. Bless him he's being a real knight in shining armor trying to save me from the clutches of a truly bad man. 

I'm currently checking my emails expecting a furious email... my guy sent him a long email... I can just expect "Get your guy under control little girl!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 24, 2015 8:53 pm  #226

For approximately the last hour or so I've been watching and listening to this over and over and over again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hHhELPERm4
There was a time when I was a huge fan of Kevin Spacey, and I still like him very, very much... and this just cracks me up and makes me smile like an idiot. I guess it goes without saying that I'd love to see Benedict do something like this together with Jimmy Fallon eventually...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 24, 2015 8:57 pm  #227

I'm about to leave work for a hot date with the love of my life.  

Hubby and I going to dinner and to see Kingsmen!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 24, 2015 9:04 pm  #228

Have an awesome time, tonne!!

I'm considering to attempt to paint the pink daisies I got yesterday before they die...
I usually tell people to never get me flowers because the climate in my flat is bad and flowers die way too quick here... 
They're so pretty though! I love the green center of them. 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (February 24, 2015 9:05 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 24, 2015 11:10 pm  #229

SolarSystem wrote:

For approximately the last hour or so I've been watching and listening to this over and over and over again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hHhELPERm4
There was a time when I was a huge fan of Kevin Spacey, and I still like him very, very much... and this just cracks me up and makes me smile like an idiot. I guess it goes without saying that I'd love to see Benedict do something like this together with Jimmy Fallon eventually...

Agreed.  Love that!  Love Spacey and Fallon… can not wait for House of Cards this Friday! 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 25, 2015 5:03 am  #230

Is this already the third season of HoC, Russell?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 7, 2015 8:11 pm  #231

After a stressful week with my guy having breakdowns, and the last 2 days spent with my mother and the family (oh the horrror!)

I have declared that this is now officially a 'Me-weekend' ... meaning I will indulge in anything I feel like, no matter how silly it may seem.

At the moment I'm on my bed in lotus position, chewing on cold beef, listening to nursery rhymes... taking a break from writing my Irene Adler fan fic. 

And I am not ashamed. 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (March 7, 2015 8:11 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 7, 2015 11:25 pm  #232

It's all fine Phantom, it's all fine!

I"m playing on the computer, eating chips, drinking ginger ale and watching An Unexpected Journey."

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 9, 2015 5:14 pm  #233

Oh hell. Well, they're all home from Schule or Kindergarten and I've fed the baby and my oldest daughter is practising for a trumpet exam and my second son is accompanying her on the piano. My third son and the older set of twins, who are part of triplets, have just run past me chasing one of our cats who has come in with a dead mouse in his mouth. The other triplet and my third daughter are watching the TV, and the twins, the younger set, are building something with duplo in the middle of the floor. I'm typing this while watching the stove. Oldest son is out. Cat just exited flap still carrying mouse.

Yes, that does make 11. Just glad I'm not pregnant.  Ah Bliss.

March 9, 2015 6:20 pm  #234

Gosh! You must be Saint Mother Teresa or really be in need of a medical cure. 
Are they all yours? Your husbands? Mixed constellation?
(Is cure the correct word when you leave for a couple of weeks to get some treatment for your wellbeing?)

Last edited by mrshouse (March 9, 2015 6:36 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

March 9, 2015 6:58 pm  #235

They are all mine and my Husbands. All 11 of them. Just had a quick look here after a mass bathing session. 6 kids in a bathtub together. I might add that it's a bigger than average bathtub and when you have a lot of kids they help each other, er usually to cookies. We also have 4 cats.

March 9, 2015 7:37 pm  #236

I'm not a mother yet (hough hoping to be in the future...) but I must say I admore you!

Some people barely handle one child!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 11, 2015 6:42 am  #237

Wow, how did you survive being pregnant with triplets with three young chilren to look after?  And the twin-pregnancy with five? You have my deep respect, I have enough with one set of twins.

I´m procrastinating getting started with my household chores..

Last edited by Zatoichi (March 11, 2015 6:43 am)

March 11, 2015 8:38 am  #238

Order of kids is son, daughter, son, son, triplets, daughter, twins, son. Youngest is 7 months old. The twins are 2, number 8 is 3 1/2, triplets are 5. You get the idea. Not only have I survived but I write fan fic too. However, I was hyperactive as a kid and I don't need much sleep, which is very useful. Only here because OH has day off and is doing Schule run. We have a minibus. It's called Cecilia. Second son is a genius and could read at the age of 2. He wil be 9 in the summer and has already read all the Harry Potter books in German and English and is now learning Chinese. He writes to famous people. He's written to David Cameron several times giving him suggestions, his own words, on how to improve his image and the economy. No comment. He also gives his Dad suggestions on what lottery numbers to pick. We have won several times but it might be a coincident. Hope so, phew------

Edited for spelling----

Last edited by JenHart (March 11, 2015 8:39 am)

March 11, 2015 8:46 am  #239

Wow! Here's a medal for you! And you care a bit for your personal wellbeing as well? I often enough feel overrun by my three kids...
My oldest daughter is very much in puberty right now like a new years firework and just yesterday had a nervous breakdown about choosing her A-levels.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

March 11, 2015 10:05 am  #240

So 4 kids with triple-pregnancy, and 8 kids with twin-pregnancy..? Wow.. that´s really above my imagination, I could barely move in the last months of my twin-pregnancy and my body very nearly stopped functioning alltogether. Weren´t you hospitalized with the triplets? I hope you had (and still have) very competent help! *hands over medal as well*

Last edited by Zatoichi (March 11, 2015 10:06 am)

Board footera