BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 24, 2015 12:57 am  #201

Re: What are you doing?

I'm sipping whiskey and editing chapter 7 of my fic... apparently sleep isn't for me.

I've had 11 hours this week since Monday. hopefully I'll crash eventually. I've planned my weekend around that. As in... no plans at all. 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (January 24, 2015 12:58 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 25, 2015 10:00 am  #202

Friend of mine and me had an awesome fangirling evening yesterday. She made Nikuman for dinner, and we watched:

- War Horse
- An episode of BBC Sherlock (ASiP)
- An episode of Jeremy Brett's Sherlock (ASiB)
- Some BBC Sherlock YouTube-videos
- The Avengers (for Loki)

During the evening we enjoyed beer, cava, prosecco, whisky and a dry (or was it wet?) martini.  

I can't remember last time I was as spectacularly drunk as yesterday. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 26, 2015 12:00 am  #203

Loki!! Oh yes! Marvellous our Tom isn't he! (Not to say the rest aren't too but...well...you know!  )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 26, 2015 10:03 am  #204

Yeah, I had never seen Tom in anything (only heard my friend gushing all over him, she was the one who introduced me to Ben as well, btw). And he was kind of awesome as Loki, I have to admit.

I found War Horse boring and stupid, though. We didn't even finish the movie, as we lost interest when our boys parts were over.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

January 26, 2015 11:05 am  #205

The play of War Horse is utterly fantastic, if you get a chance watch/see it. The National Theatre Live (encore) may show at a cinema near you, next time it is on. Likewise Coriolanus was astounding: this had Tom as the lead and the lovely Mark Gatiss.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 26, 2015 11:46 am  #206

Vhanja wrote:

I found War Horse boring and stupid, though. We didn't even finish the movie, as we lost interest when our boys parts were over.

Agreed. This is by far the most boring and stupid film I've seen in years. I have no idea what Steven Spielberg was thinking...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 26, 2015 11:52 am  #207

Well, Spielberg is known for mushy family movies. It's just that being a dog trainer myself, I know a little about training animals. And the training scenes in this movie were so stupid and Disney-like that it made me angry and sick to my stomach. 

Also, I was a bit confused because I was sure I'd seen a scene from War Horse in some Benedict compilation video on YouTube, but that scene wasn't in the movie. So it must be from someting else then.

Last edited by Vhanja (January 26, 2015 11:52 am)

Team Hudders!

January 26, 2015 12:00 pm  #208

Vhanja wrote:

Well, Spielberg is known for mushy family movies.

Well, he's known for other things as well. He started as a director of New Hollywood, and although movies like "E.T. the Extra-Terrestial" or "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" do have a very important family element, I wouldn't call them "mushy". Granted, the American family very often is very important in his films, but most of the time he knows how to balance emotional drama and good story-telling. "Munich", "Schindler's List", "Empire of the Sun" (oh my, what a wonderful movie!)... I'd call none of those movies "mushy". 

Maybe that scene that wasn't in "War Horse" was from "Parade's End" instead...?

Last edited by SolarSystem (January 26, 2015 12:01 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 26, 2015 7:31 pm  #209

I'm trying to fix a sore throat... while having to almost physically restrain myself from checking my work email. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 26, 2015 7:42 pm  #210

I'm gonna make myself a meal of some sort. See what we have in the fridge and what I can cook up. Perhaps make a simple cheese and herbal sauce for pasta and fry up some bacon with it.

Team Hudders!

January 26, 2015 7:58 pm  #211

Sounds yum!! Except for the bacon... I'm one of the few non vegetarians who just doesn't like bacon.

Though some weekends ago I bought a pack of 'English style bacon' for a lovely brunch... that was rather nice actually. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 26, 2015 8:02 pm  #212

I love bacon. And I love pasta. I don't think there is much food I love more than pasta. I can eat it any form, with any sauce, with any meat, fish or veggies. Pasta is good, always!

Team Hudders!

January 26, 2015 8:08 pm  #213

Pasta in my guilty pleasure... which makes it easy to survive on the £10 my food budget will be when I go back on benefits... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 29, 2015 5:39 pm  #214

I'm sitting on my bed having dinner, while translating some medical texts about childhood obesity treatment from Danish to English... 

My dinner table has been converted into what looks like a lab, as I've taken more work home... I'm prepping medical lab equipment for field tests... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

January 30, 2015 3:05 pm  #215

It must  a bit like Sherlock's table then? 

January 30, 2015 3:45 pm  #216

I'm drinking beer, having my ear phones plugged in while hubby is off for a nap, and watching Sherlock/Johnlock-videos on YouTube while reading fanfics/browsing the internet.

Team Hudders!

January 30, 2015 3:54 pm  #217

I'm lunching with the kids at Burger king because they got their half term reports today. Not that they were reasons for a firework this time but anyway, I believe in partying a little bit anyway to motivate for the next six months. 
And I'm a bit confused because nobody contacted me to fill in weekend shifts....

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

February 2, 2015 4:16 pm  #218

What am I doing today?  Digging out!  We had a major snow storm last night and our city got 30 cm with strong lake winds creating rather large drifts around our house.  Last night we went out and dug a bit but it was still snowing so this morning I looked out the window and it had just all filled back in and was even higher.  Everything in the city is closed down - there hasn't even been a snow plow down our street.  

And it is still snowing as I type.  Dan and I are going to have our morning coffee and then we will go out to begin digging again.  It will take all day and even then I don't know if we can get down our driveway.  Thank goodness we have lots of food in the house. 

The funny thing is this is the first big snow fall for the season because we haven't really had much snow at all but it has been bitterly cold at times.  A plus is that when it snows at least the temperature isn't too cold (except for the winds which really can make going out miserable).  I must say it is really pretty though.  But pretty can only go so far.  There is so much snow that we don't really have many easily accessible places to stow it.  That means every shovel full has to be carted to the backyard or out to the park across the street!  Last year I put it in the back garden and the excess snow killed some of my bushes (a lovely hinoki cypress among others).  Don't want to do that sort of thing again but we might have to anyway. 

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

February 2, 2015 8:24 pm  #219

We had 1/2" of slushy snow here early Saturday and you would have thought we were facing the apocalypse! Honestly! Hopeless!

February 2, 2015 8:39 pm  #220

I've had it with snow and ice honestly... it's been snowing every day for a month now... 
I used to be a big fan of snow... but there's only so much I can take... I have to walk to and from work! 

I almost didn't make it home after seeing TIG Thursday. While I was in the theatre all the roads and sidewalks had been glaced with ice. I had to walk several km home... 
I was considering getting on my hands and knees just to make it. 

At the moment I'm in bed trying to 'think' the sickness away... I've finally been able to relax after a long and stressful period at work, and I can just feel how the sickness I haven't had time for is coming to life in me. I've still got 2 weeks left of employment... just a few more days... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera