BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 16, 2012 3:28 pm  #1

Hawking on BBC 4, 17.04.2012, 0:00 BST

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0078pzf

Too late/early for me to watch live, but I'm going to record it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

April 16, 2012 4:42 pm  #2

Re: Hawking on BBC 4, 17.04.2012, 0:00 BST

Oooh, thanks for letting me know about this. Remind me again tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 16, 2012 5:01 pm  #3

Just what I was thinking! Will be asleep by then but definitely going to record it to watch at a more civilised time.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 16, 2012 6:39 pm  #4

Why, what time is midnight BST in GMT?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 16, 2012 6:49 pm  #5

I think midnight BST is GMT+1 hour. But GMT is at BST at the moment, isn't it? That's why your British midnight is BST midnight. (For me, midnight BST is 1 a.m. MEST). Well, leave the problem to your video recorder...it'll know!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 3, 2012 9:03 pm  #6

Finally got to watch Hawking. What a fantastic piece of work from all concerned. Wonderful acting throughout, brilliant camerawork, especially the disorienting movement to mirror Steven Hawkins' physical difficulties. I was not entirely sure I would appreciate this programme but it was wonderful. I even enjoyed the physics, which for someone who struggled with Mathematics at school is a revelation!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 20, 2012 5:27 pm  #7

amazing movie!

May 20, 2012 5:39 pm  #8

I've watched it twice now.

May 20, 2012 7:43 pm  #9

Can you get this on DVD?

May 20, 2012 7:51 pm  #10

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 20, 2012 7:53 pm  #11

Thanks!

May 22, 2012 8:08 pm  #12

Oh, and also...
the whole movie is on Youtube, if someone's interested!

The first part:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNH3Z4m363o

May 22, 2012 8:27 pm  #13

I am glad it is because SOMEONE has deleted it from my recorded programmes on the TV!!! Grrrrrrr!

May 23, 2012 7:36 pm  #14

Oh no, that's terrible :O

Streaming is my hero, what would I do left alone with rubbish German TV...

July 23, 2012 3:33 pm  #15

Just started watching this on Youtube as I wasn't willing to pay 120 quid for the DVD offered on amazon  . Already the beginning's very impressive. His voice sounds quite different as well. Looking forward to the next part.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 23, 2012 5:47 pm  #16

It is a beautiful piece of work.

July 25, 2012 11:16 am  #17

I was deeply impressed by the film and Benedict's performance. It could have been played or written for pity or sentiment but it doesn't. It shows his passion for science and his dignity in the face of his progressive illness and there's a subtle humour to some scenes. And I nearly cried at the end when his girlfriend tells the college bursar off and casually remarks that he's going to be her husband and he realises that she just accepted his proposal. Beautiful film. Don't understand why it wasn't shown over here.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 7, 2012 4:45 pm  #18

He is SO good in this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 7, 2012 5:57 pm  #19

Haven't seen it yet, but I will now; it's on iTunes for 1.99 USD.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do 'real' people have, then, in their 'real' lives?

So we go round the sun; if we went round the moon, or round and round the garden like a teddy bear, it wouldn't make any difference.

The consolation of imaginary things is not imaginary consolation. -- Roger Scruton

October 7, 2012 5:58 pm  #20

You are in for a treat!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera