BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 20, 2014 8:47 pm  #161

Re: The Hollow Crown: The Wars of the Roses (was "Richard III")

There are lots of pics on tumblr from that day the video was filmed, and he did not once wear the wig. So it would seem to me that they do indeed change his hair. We saw him with the wig during the final battle, the hair looks awful... maybe that's to underline his mental state at this point.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 20, 2014 8:51 pm  #162

I always like his hair...
I'm not familiar with Richard III at all...
I hope it's good.
Cos I adore Richard II as a play.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 20, 2014 9:00 pm  #163

What was the end of Richard III again?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 20, 2014 9:05 pm  #164

Well, it is counted among the tragedies. So without giving away too much I can say it ends badly. Very badly. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 20, 2014 9:08 pm  #165

Someone dying??? 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 20, 2014 9:11 pm  #166

Yes. And in a a bit not good way. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 20, 2014 9:18 pm  #167

Sounds like pretty adult stuff to me 

October 20, 2014 9:21 pm  #168

Yes. I am wondering about the rating. 

October 20, 2014 9:21 pm  #169

Fascinating to watch him rehearse, see him really at work!

I need to read Richard III... I had a plan to read all of Shakespeare before my teachers killed my will to read

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

October 20, 2014 9:23 pm  #170

Oh, yes, please do that. I had a simila experience with "Othello". I read it later for my studies and liked it very much. 

October 20, 2014 10:28 pm  #171

SusiGo wrote:

Well, it is counted among the tragedies. So without giving away too much I can say it ends badly. Very badly. 

Shakespeare enjoyed killing people even more than George RR Martin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 21, 2014 4:09 am  #172

It's without a doubt one of my favourite Shakespeare plays. It's so thrilling to watch Richard play everyone and taking the audience into his confidence while doing so. Richard really is a very dark and malicious character, at the same time he is so clever... but then some ghosts are coming to haunt him. His end is quite tragic, and it would make total sense to show him in a very bad state at the very end of the play. I don't like that wig very much, but what's more important to me is that it doesn't really make him look like a courtly king.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

October 21, 2014 4:20 am  #173

SusiGo wrote:

It is lovely how you try not to spoil a play that has been written over 500 years ago, about a man who died over 600 years ago.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 21, 2014 4:47 am  #174

Hey, she said that someone's dying...!!!

October 21, 2014 5:34 am  #175

As I had previously mentioned...
Having had the advantage of being born and raised in England of literate English parents and being inspired by wonderfully literate English teachers at school, fully immersed in the glory that is English culture...
Apart from all of this, as a teen I grew a fascination with Richard III, partly inspired by English history lessons at school...
So I know the historical facts.
This was not what I was talking about.
I don't know the play terribly well.
I  knew Richard II even less.
But having seen that twice, I LOVE it.
I've only seen Othello once, excellent production, but I decided I wasn't keen on the play.
I am wondering how I will react to the play of Richard III.
As for spoilers...
I meant in terms of seeing the filming.
Hope that is now clear to all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 21, 2014 6:01 am  #176

My response wasn't even directed at you, and I'm not talking about historical facts here, either.

October 21, 2014 10:11 am  #177

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

October 21, 2014 10:56 am  #178

Just great. Especially the third, fourth and fifth. He looks so dark and brooding. Wow. 

October 21, 2014 11:08 am  #179

Exactly, Susi, that's amazing again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

October 21, 2014 11:23 am  #180

His Richard won't be in a good mood, that's for sure. 

Board footera