BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 1, 2014 3:10 pm  #141

Re: The Hollow Crown: The Wars of the Roses (was "Richard III")

SolarSystem wrote:

And now look at this... wow.

..............................and he's on a horse.       *paddles happily in the shallow end of the pool*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 1, 2014 5:45 pm  #142

SolarSystem wrote:

And now look at this... wow.

This photo is absolutely epic! I can feel so much power and danger while looking at it.

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

October 1, 2014 5:51 pm  #143

Beautiful (matching) horse too!

October 1, 2014 6:24 pm  #144

So these are the official ones, now?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 1, 2014 7:23 pm  #145

I'm pretty sure they are official.

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

October 1, 2014 8:31 pm  #146

They have been posted by BBC Two. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 2, 2014 5:32 am  #147

And mighty fine they are, too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 4, 2014 6:34 pm  #148

Is it really going to be on TV in 2016? Can't wait to watch BC as Richard III. He looks dangerous and handsome at the same time!

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

October 13, 2014 4:16 pm  #149

The Daily Mail has some fierce-looking horse/armour shots.

October 13, 2014 6:01 pm  #150

Wow, looks magnificent.
Can´t wait to see it on-screen. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 13, 2014 6:08 pm  #151

Definitely magnificent!  Even the horse! 
(although not having familiarity with fighting/period armour, wonder how the heck they handled swords well with those metal gloves…)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

October 14, 2014 9:26 pm  #152

Socialite Life has a gallery of 25 pictures from the filming of Richard III, mostly of Benedict in armor and ahorse during battle scenes. 

Radiotimes has a rather charming piece in which Judi Dench tells her version of Benedict Cumberbatch's "shocking" Richard III proposal.

Last edited by REReader (October 15, 2014 5:18 pm)

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

October 15, 2014 6:52 am  #153

LOL, I love that "proposal".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

October 20, 2014 8:33 pm  #154

Behind the scenes... and Benedict with short hair!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=08NR8q2J80k#t=0

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 20, 2014 8:34 pm  #155

I think rehearsing, before he puts the wig on.

October 20, 2014 8:37 pm  #156

He looks really great, I love the costume. Now I am wondering when and why they are changing his hairstyle during the films. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 20, 2014 8:42 pm  #157

I didn't think they were...but we will see in the final product.

October 20, 2014 8:43 pm  #158

Well, they filmed him with and without wig, didn't they?

October 20, 2014 8:46 pm  #159

I thought the without was just rehearsal, but I dunno...
Lesson in why we shoudln;t have spoilers!
I can wait to see.

October 20, 2014 8:47 pm  #160

So can I. But we may speculate. At least there are no plot spoilers in Shakespeare. 

Board footera