BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 26, 2014 1:06 pm  #101

Re: The Hollow Crown: The Wars of the Roses (was "Richard III")

Not sure if they will wait until 2016 for Shakespeare's 400th death anniversary.  

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 26, 2014 1:12 pm  #102

I can't remember, didn't they say it was out next year?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 26, 2014 1:15 pm  #103

Hopefully it will be,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 26, 2014 3:23 pm  #104

As soon as possible, please. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 26, 2014 3:43 pm  #105

I'm going to second that, Susi, as soon as possible would be preffered!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 21, 2014 11:54 am  #106

Here is some casting news for "The Hollow Crown - The Wars of the Roses":

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2014/the-hollow-crown-casting

Last edited by SusiGo (August 21, 2014 11:55 am)

August 22, 2014 10:45 am  #107

This should be brilliant. The first three were...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 29, 2014 10:46 pm  #108

This article below  implies that not only is Benedict preparing for Hamlet,
and urging its production to be made available widely later via NTLive,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2737177/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-Sherlock-takes-Hamlet-big-screen.html

but it says he’s in rehearsals now to "play crippled Richard III in the new Hollow Crown TV drama series, which will encompass Henry VI, Parts 1 and 2, and Richard III."
After that comes his filming of the Sherlock Christmas special.    

August 30, 2014 7:18 am  #109

Woohoo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 10, 2014 6:35 pm  #110

First read-through today!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 10, 2014 6:36 pm  #111

Woohoo!

September 10, 2014 6:38 pm  #112

And the white roses … 

September 10, 2014 6:39 pm  #113

My Yorkshire rose!

September 10, 2014 6:40 pm  #114

Yes. Wonder if some of the other actors got a red one. 

September 10, 2014 6:42 pm  #115

I had to say that quietly...my hubby is sitting in the room and he's from Lancashire!

Last edited by besleybean (September 10, 2014 6:42 pm)

September 10, 2014 7:02 pm  #116

besleybean wrote:

I had to say that quietly...my hubby is sitting in the room and he's from Lancashire!

September 10, 2014 7:32 pm  #117

Yay!

And awesome touch with the roses!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

September 11, 2014 9:41 am  #118

I have never heard of him before (but he was in "House of Cards"), but he will play Buckingham - a very important and interesting role, he will have various exciting scenes with Benedict!

Last edited by SolarSystem (September 11, 2014 9:42 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 11, 2014 9:47 am  #119

besleybean wrote:

Brilliant!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

September 14, 2014 4:33 pm  #120

Mattlocked wrote:

That's nice. 

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

Board footera