BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 27, 2016 12:06 pm  #621

Re: The Hollow Crown: The Wars of the Roses (was "Richard III")

I was disappointed by the Deleted Scenes on the DVD - or, rather, the lack of them.  Seriously, they only cut one or two scenes from each episode?!  I find that unlikely.

I was also a bit peeved that the DVD wasn't presented to match the earlier Hollow Crown set.  Last time it was a box set with each episode in a separate DVD case; this time it's a single case with the three discs inside.  Maybe it's the OCD in me, but I do like cases to match when they're a series!

June 27, 2016 12:16 pm  #622

Oh yes, now that you mention it, the two boxes don't really look like they're from the same series. Then again, the S2 DVD doesn't take up that much space on the shelve, so for someone who's buying far too many DVDs and BluRays anyway that's kind of an advantage...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 27, 2016 4:41 pm  #623

Still haven't bought it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 28, 2016 9:17 am  #624

"Is this awful sod Henry away already? If he is, I will discreetly crawl away from the battlefield..."

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 28, 2016 9:18 am  #625

"Nothing is more delicious after the fight than a good cup of coffee..."

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 28, 2016 6:10 pm  #626

Oh I could think of better things!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 28, 2016 6:59 pm  #627

Ariane DeVere wrote:

I was disappointed by the Deleted Scenes on the DVD - or, rather, the lack of them. Seriously, they only cut one or two scenes from each episode?! I find that unlikely.

Same here. Though they did make up for it a bit by the far longer Commentary with lots of little extra backstage scenes, of which there were none in the first series.

And OMG, BC's performance thrills me every time I (re)watch it!

June 28, 2016 7:14 pm  #628

Lovely gifs and picture, I almost didn't notice the coffee! 

I hope I get the DVD sometime... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 28, 2016 7:16 pm  #629

I keep balking at the price, which I know is silly, when it's 3 films...

June 29, 2016 7:18 pm  #630

besleybean wrote:

I keep balking at the price, which I know is silly, when it's 3 films...

Besley, I assure you, it's worth every penny. Thrice.

June 29, 2016 7:20 pm  #631

Oh I know, but hubby always wants to wait to see if prices come down.
I really enjoyed the series, but I can wait a little while for the dvd.

April 11, 2017 8:37 am  #632

At the TV BAFTAs, Benedict has been nominated as Best Leading Actor and the shows as Best Mini Series! Keeping fingers crossed (although knowing BAFTA's inexplicable animosity towards Benedict, I am not holding out too much hope). On the other hand - seven is a lucky number. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 11, 2017 1:53 pm  #633

Another well deserved nomination! I'm crossing my fingers that he gets it! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 11, 2017 2:01 pm  #634

Well-deserved indeed. Too bad I really can't watch this. I mean.. Ben is probably awesome as always, no doubt there. But I just can't get my head around Shakesperean acting and language. It just doesn't work for me.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 11, 2017 2:08 pm  #635

Vhanja wrote:

Well-deserved indeed. Too bad I really can't watch this. I mean.. Ben is probably awesome as always, no doubt there. But I just can't get my head around Shakesperean acting and language. It just doesn't work for me.

I can't complain about Shakespeare in general but the Ben-less half of this trilogy felt sort of... boring. And then...
Evil (and slightly mad? lol) Richard made everything so much cooler. Please go suffer thru the beginning to see how AWESOME evil is

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

April 11, 2017 2:10 pm  #636

I want to. He's probably awesome. And then he (or someone else) opens his mouth and start speaking, and I fall completely out of the story. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

April 11, 2017 2:25 pm  #637

Multiple eargasm? (lol. sorry)

It's not just how he speaks, it was a full-body role, like Smaug A BAFTA well-deserved. I hope TPTB see it too!

-----
"The posh boy loves the dominatrix." Context matters.

April 11, 2017 2:35 pm  #638

Lol! Well, that too...

Oh, and I agree, I do hope he wins! 

Last edited by Vhanja (April 11, 2017 2:35 pm)

Team Hudders!

April 11, 2017 8:04 pm  #639

Oh wow, what marvellous news. And fully deserved!!! That look he aims at the camera/us in the very last scene of part II cradling the Crown Prince sends a chill down my spine each and every time. And in Richard III he's so genuinely funny and abhorrent and manic.

Hopefully the BAFTA committee will manage to overcome their prejudices and reward him with the prize at last. For of course BC already deserved it for S1 and S2. 

Last edited by dioscureantwins (April 11, 2017 8:05 pm)

April 11, 2017 8:20 pm  #640

Yippee!

Board footera