BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 26, 2016 6:45 am  #581

Re: The Hollow Crown: The Wars of the Roses (was "Richard III")

Dark mirror of fate:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 26, 2016 6:50 am  #582

Soothing cup of wine:

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 26, 2016 9:32 am  #583

I don't think any wine could soothe Richard... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 26, 2016 3:39 pm  #584

Fab gifs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 26, 2016 3:43 pm  #585

The mirror scene with Sophie Okonedo was an absolute highlight. Very intimate and compelling, more of a thriller than a history play. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 26, 2016 3:52 pm  #586

She was excellent.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 26, 2016 10:27 pm  #587

When the hell is this coming to PBS?  It better be soon.  Looks amazing!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

May 27, 2016 12:40 am  #588

I tweeted them asking just that and they didn't answer.

Clueing for looks.

May 27, 2016 9:48 am  #589

May 27, 2016 3:46 pm  #590

Bad, bad, boy.

May 27, 2016 5:18 pm  #591

Loved that bit!

May 27, 2016 10:30 pm  #592

Oi...  you guys spoiling us non-watchers with all those gifs luckily captured!
Continually wowed by how he looks and expressively emotes....   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 27, 2016 10:58 pm  #593

Yitzock wrote:

On a PBS website I saw that it would be a "Great Performances" shown either June or July.  Well, I don't think it will be June because my WGBH Member Guide for June does not list it :-(

But it does list the one-hour series finale of "Vicious" on Sunday June 19th at 8:00 pm.  Love that show!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

May 28, 2016 7:19 am  #594

Never seen the latter.
Well I think we tried watching it.
I think my hubby put it off after about 2 minutes...he does that, most annoying!

May 30, 2016 5:29 pm  #595

Not to be off-topic, just had a brief 'Ooh!' moment, reading that last sentence of KP's...  I kept seeing little mentions of that show when it first started, and sounded so neat....  so they did a good job with it?

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

May 30, 2016 6:14 pm  #596

May 30, 2016 6:15 pm  #597

I would kneel to him!

May 30, 2016 6:30 pm  #598

May 30, 2016 6:32 pm  #599

He certainly has that in real life!

May 30, 2016 6:57 pm  #600

KeepersPrice wrote:

Yitzock wrote:

On a PBS website I saw that it would be a "Great Performances" shown either June or July. Well, I don't think it will be June because my WGBH Member Guide for June does not list it :-(

It would be great if it was on in July, then I'd be home to watch it! But I hope they do show it at some point since they aired the first cycle (though I was not aware of it at the time).  Fingers crossed!

Clueing for looks.

Board footera