BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 16, 2012 10:36 am  #1

Has anyone here got a HTC phone? (off-topic!!!)

I might be getting a new mobile phone. Mines horribly slow and stupid. The phone in question is my dads HTC as he's getting a new phone! For free!
So I was wondering if the HTC's are any good? I know they are advertised but adveets can be misleading! I'll update on the exact model!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DI Lestrade: Sherlock we...
Sherlock Holmes: Oh what now? I'm in shock! Look, I've got a blanket.

April 16, 2012 10:40 am  #2

Re: Has anyone here got a HTC phone? (off-topic!!!)

HTC? To be honest I've never actually heard of them. What type of phones are they? I mean, what features do they have and stuff? I've got a Blackberry. They're brilliant for going on the internet and quite fast. I use it loads when I'm out for coming on here and doing other Sherlocking stuff online. I like the way the keys are set out like a proper keyboard as well (Qwerty style).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 16, 2012 10:45 am  #3

Its a smartphone. Like the Iphone! They have applications and internet etc etc!
Most of the kids at school have blackberries. I don't like the idea of Blackberry messenger. At my age everyone is a each others throats and I prefer to keep out of it all! I don't get texts often because I don't giving my number to everyone!!!

April 16, 2012 12:35 pm  #4

I had an HTC before I got my iPhone. It was an older model, obviously, but I never had any problems with it and it was a pretty good phone. I just really wanted an iPhone

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 16, 2012 1:06 pm  #5

I have a HTC Phone and I am very confident with it ;)
Only the Battery could last a little bit longer...

ABFVRZNTRUG

April 16, 2012 1:26 pm  #6

Young Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Its a smartphone. Like the Iphone

Actually the iPhone is like the HTC which predates it by a number of years (Although HTC isn't as pissy about suing people who appreciate good ideas as Apple is).

I had a HTC Himalaya back in 2001 (Had to add an SD Wifi card) and got the Blue Angel (Inbuilt Wifi and slide out keyboard) when it came out.

If Sherlock was real he wouldn't use a Blackberry - he'd use a HTC and be signed up to XDA-Developers.

In short, thank your father very much.

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

April 16, 2012 1:29 pm  #7

You never know - Sherlock might get one in Series 3? In Series 2 he swaps his Blackberry for an iPhone so he's not averse to trying out new phones!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 16, 2012 1:30 pm  #8

I'm very ignorant when it comes to mobile phones, so... I will not inflict any of my inane, useless opinion about any of them on you! Lol

But thank your dad! Lol

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 20, 2012 4:02 pm  #9

Yeah! Thanks! I really love the phone I've got because the app catalog Is desperate and I would like to make some applications. And make some money of them!!

I hope, if Sherlock was real. He'd use the HTC! He may for season 3! =D
I haven't been onlinefor a while due to school... so this message is a little late!
=D

HTC Users: is there a good selection of wallpapers?

Board footera