BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 3, 2014 6:16 pm  #1

Cosplay and Costumes

Obviously non Sherlock!

Any Cosplayers out there?

Personally I've always loved dressing up! I never miss a chance! 

This is me as a female version of the 11th Doctor

(Female) Raymond Leon from the film 'In Time'

(Female) Willy Wonka (My favourite so far)

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (April 3, 2014 6:17 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 3, 2014 6:25 pm  #2

Re: Cosplay and Costumes

Brilliant. Are you dressing up for any particular occassion (convention etc)?

April 3, 2014 6:30 pm  #3

These were 'just' for parties with my friends...  I really, really want to go to conventions though! I also dress up for movie premieres... like I did with the Raymond Leon (I didn't take the gun with me though).

I just found this too... this is me as a corpse at a Halloween party some years ago. Gosh it was fun going out for dinner that night!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 3, 2014 8:58 pm  #4

I LOVE the Doctor Who one!!!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

April 4, 2014 8:35 am  #5

Aw thank you Rebecca! I have since then gotten a red bow tie! which goes a lot better with it! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

April 4, 2014 11:12 am  #6

The cosplays are brilliant. Love the Willy Wonka one!

I really like cosplaying, mainly to conventions though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It is simplicity itself"
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

April 4, 2014 6:55 pm  #7

The Raymond Leon one looks a bit like Sherlock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 24, 2014 3:35 pm  #8

Fab Cosplays, Phantom!

I don't cosplay or anything, but way back in the 80's, when I was in my early teens, I used to dress like the character of Sarah from the movie Labyrinth. Not as dress up but as my actual day to day clothes. The jeans, baggy shirt, waistcoat, even the shoes. I was lucky to have exactly the same hair as the character too. Sadly, not her beautiful face though! Ha ha!

April 24, 2014 3:37 pm  #9

That is so cool, Spiral. I actually rather like hat outfit somehow! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

April 24, 2014 3:42 pm  #10

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

That is so cool, Spiral. I actually rather like hat outfit somehow! 

Thanks!
Years ago, the actual shirt and waistcoat that the actress wore in the movie, came up on Ebay.  Sadly, I didn't have the money to buy it!

April 25, 2014 9:45 am  #11

Aw that's so unfair!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

April 25, 2014 10:07 am  #12

SpiralStaircase wrote:

Fab Cosplays, Phantom!

I don't cosplay or anything, but way back in the 80's, when I was in my early teens, I used to dress like the character of Sarah from the movie Labyrinth. Not as dress up but as my actual day to day clothes. The jeans, baggy shirt, waistcoat, even the shoes. I was lucky to have exactly the same hair as the character too. Sadly, not her beautiful face though! Ha ha!

I love this film and the style. David Bowie was a brilliant Goblin King in it. It's a little bit New Romantic style which back in the 1980s was one of my favourites.
That's how my favourite band showed up at this time.

Sometimes I also dressed up like this when I went to clubs.

Last edited by gently69 (April 25, 2014 10:16 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 25, 2014 10:12 am  #13

gently69 wrote:

SpiralStaircase wrote:

Fab Cosplays, Phantom!

I love this film and the style. David Bowie was a brilliant Goblin King in it.

The Goblin King/Jareth was my first actor/character crush!  I've loved Bowie ever since!
The movie itself...oh, I adored it and watched it zillions of times in my youth!  Haven't watched it in years but I could honestly watch it, word for word, scene for scene, in my head.  

Last edited by SpiralStaircase (April 25, 2014 10:12 am)

April 25, 2014 10:14 am  #14

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Aw that's so unfair!

I know.
Bummer.
Oh well.

April 25, 2014 10:33 am  #15

SpiralStaircase wrote:

gently69 wrote:

SpiralStaircase wrote:

Fab Cosplays, Phantom!

The Goblin King/Jareth was my first actor/character crush!  I've loved Bowie ever since!
The movie itself...oh, I adored it and watched it zillions of times in my youth!  Haven't watched it in years but I could honestly watch it, word for word, scene for scene, in my head.  

Need to watch it in English. Only watched in German so far. I have an DVD but bought it ages ago and don't if it has Englisch sound too.

EDIT: It HAS English sound. Hmm ... maybe tonight? Can't watch Sherlock and other stuff with Benedict all the time. (Oh yes, I can. )

Last edited by gently69 (April 25, 2014 10:39 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

April 25, 2014 10:41 am  #16

gently69 wrote:

SpiralStaircase wrote:

gently69 wrote:

Need to watch it in English. Only watched in German so far. I have an DVD but bought it ages ago and don't if it has Englisch sound too.

I think I did listen to a clip of Jareth speaking in German once and he sounded quite sexy!

April 25, 2014 10:46 am  #17

Yeah in contrast to Sherlock's German voice Jareth's is a proper one. But I think Bowie's voice can't be bad as well.

(Tony Hadley)

April 25, 2014 11:00 am  #18

gently69 wrote:

Yeah in contrast to Sherlock's German voice Jareth's is a proper one. But I think Bowie's voice can't be bad as well.

Bowie has a yummy voice.  Very unique.  Easily recognisable. 
I'm sure Benedict would be able to impersonate him very well!

April 25, 2014 11:04 am  #19

I know Bowie mostly with his singing voice which indeed is very unique.

Benedict playing Bowie? Interesting ... he has to wear different contact lenses then. And the outfits during Bowie's 70s ... LOL

(Tony Hadley)

April 25, 2014 11:20 am  #20

gently69 wrote:

I know Bowie mostly with his singing voice which indeed is very unique.

Benedict playing Bowie? Interesting ... he has to wear different contact lenses then. And the outfits during Bowie's 70s ... LOL

Oh, I meant that he could probably pull off his accent. Not to actually play the man himself. (no offense Ben!). I don't think there is anyone who could play the great Mr Bowie!

Board footera