BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 30, 2014 6:24 pm  #1

Trip to Hollingworth Lake, 29th March 2014

Hi guys! As some of you know, I've decided to take a monthly trip to somewhere in the North West of England from now on, since I'm now in the city every day for work and I need to get fresh air. So I started yesterday by going to this local lake. I'm not sure of the exact distance from my home town, but it took about an hour by bus. I took lots of photos as I walked around the lake (which in itself took a couple of hours) and I had a really great day. I started by eating fish and chips at this restaurant, which were amazing, and then set off walking. So here are the photos in order  There are 54, so bear with me!

And ignore the time and date thing at the bottom, I only figured out how to switch it off afterwards.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

March 30, 2014 6:26 pm  #2

Re: Trip to Hollingworth Lake, 29th March 2014

This one is looking back over the majority of the lake as I set off.

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

March 30, 2014 6:28 pm  #3

March 30, 2014 6:30 pm  #4

March 30, 2014 6:31 pm  #5

March 30, 2014 6:32 pm  #6

March 30, 2014 6:34 pm  #7

I'm pretty sure that the name of the hill is Bear Hill. I took this one on the side road that leads down to the tourist information centre.

March 30, 2014 6:36 pm  #8

March 30, 2014 6:37 pm  #9

This was outside Tourist Information. I have no idea what it is but I liked it ^^

March 30, 2014 6:40 pm  #10

Spotted this on the wall of the Centre 

March 30, 2014 6:41 pm  #11

March 30, 2014 6:42 pm  #12

March 30, 2014 6:45 pm  #13

What you can see here is the Nature Reserve, halfway around the lake.

March 30, 2014 6:47 pm  #14

March 30, 2014 6:48 pm  #15

March 30, 2014 6:50 pm  #16

March 30, 2014 6:51 pm  #17

March 30, 2014 6:53 pm  #18

Getting closer to the Nature Reserve...

March 30, 2014 6:54 pm  #19

March 30, 2014 6:55 pm  #20

Board footera