BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 29, 2014 6:21 pm  #1

April Fools!

April 1st is coming up! 

Have you got any good tricks up your sleeves? have you been fooled? 

Last year I updated my status on facebook to "OMG I had the feeling for a while, turns out I'm pregnant!"

Which... well worked a little too well! Got a lot of congratulators for weeks. Even my ex-girlfriend (who has been cyberstalking me since 2008) created a new account just to like the status and congratulate me. 

I'm trying to come up with something good for this year though. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 30, 2014 12:32 pm  #2

Re: April Fools!

Hmmm! That has got me thinking.  I am posting a funny article on my business FB page about when a newspaper in Italy said that all horses had to have brake lights and indicators fitted. People even went along to garages to get them fitted! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 30, 2014 1:16 pm  #3

Aaaw!

Last year I was almost convinced that the Danish church had fined a chocolate company for making chocolate 'Easter Eggs' because it was against the spirit of Easter. They should be called 'Spring eggs' from now on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 30, 2014 11:40 pm  #4

Ha, yes.  Individual pranks can be fun and good, but I find the stories really amusing where companies or an organization in a town get in on it!  Google is humorously notorious for that. 
Never very good at coming up with them myself, as I don't want to be too horrible, other than tweaking someone with a fake story, and also am not into it enough to bother giving a ton of time and dedication to something elaborate.    I did something similar once, Phantom… changed my status to 'married'!  Unfortunately, hardly anyone noticed or bothered to comment!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 1, 2014 10:40 am  #5

Every year I fool my mum by telling her I've accidently fallen pregnant (same joke as you Phantom). Which, because I don't want children, is all the more funnier! You'd think she'd realise by now. But I'm not being cruel...she has plenty of grandchildren from my sis and brother!!!

April 1, 2014 11:20 am  #6

Apparently Spotify changed last years Eurovision winner Emmelie De Forests song 'Only Teardrops' to a cover by what I assume is Lordi

I actually like this version! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

April 1, 2014 12:21 pm  #7

haha lol

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

Board footera