BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 8, 2012 5:26 pm  #161

Re: Things we will never know but are curious about

Yeah--  the  transcript of HOUNDS  that I have,  says the hotel could not give them a double room.   It's a running gag in that series,  indeed.   I think they are running it into the ground. 

Questions--  About filming--  why  did they film  series one episodes backwards?   I read somewhere that they filme GG first,  BB second,  and SIP  last.   So,  they had to do something with the hair.  AND---that's why we see the Cluedo gameboard hung up on the wall,  ONLY  in  SIP.  They must have played it  after the PINK events  happened.   Also,  they did the same thing with filming of series two.   Why  do  TV  studios film out of order? I've been wondering this for a long time.   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 8, 2012 7:12 pm  #162

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

Re the room at the inn: A hotel room can be intended for two people but have either two beds in it or just one bed; it depends on what's asked for and what's available.  When I travel with my sister, we always share a room but have separate beds.

When John was told they wouldn't get a double room, it meant – in my opinion - that they were accommodated in two single rooms. (Though the thought of a twin room would open up new prospects... )
I think that was done because of dramatic reasons:
Our favourite "I don't have friends – I've just got one" scene wouldn't have made sense if the boys had been sharing a room the night after their quarrel. They would have discussed the matter earlier than at the graveyard in the morning – maybe before sleeping or after they woke up or before/after breakfast. Probably Sherlock would have apologized to John by then.
I think, for the sake of dramatic effect this apology scene was set in the graveyard.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 8, 2012 7:16 pm  #163

I think you're right, Tobe. Although John went to explore the "Morse code" during the night he must have returned and slept in a separate room. Of course the graveyard was a nice and fitting place for the apology.

Last edited by SusiGo (July 8, 2012 7:23 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 8, 2012 8:16 pm  #164

Ahhh you see I just totally misheard that line then....I always thought the guy said "I'm sorry I could only give you guys a double room" when in fact he was saying "I'm sorry I couldn't give you guys a double room"....

Oh Jeez...that says something about my mind, lol....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 9, 2012 3:09 am  #165

sherlockskitty wrote:

Questions--  About filming--  why  did they film  series one episodes backwards?   I read somewhere that they filme GG first,  BB second,  and SIP  last.   So,  they had to do something with the hair.  AND---that's why we see the Cluedo gameboard hung up on the wall,  ONLY  in  SIP.  They must have played it  after the PINK events  happened.   Also,  they did the same thing with filming of series two.   Why  do  TV  studios film out of order? I've been wondering this for a long time.   

It was only Series 2 that was shot in reverse order.
There are many reasons for shooting things 'out of order' and it happens a lot. It could be availability of locations, weather fluctuations, availability of cast members etc etc.Some scenes from one show could be shot in the middle of shooting a different episode if need be. It happens a lot with weekly series eg NCIS or the like.
And that's where brilliant editors come into their own.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 13, 2012 5:37 am  #166

I want to know what kind of experiment Sherlock was doing when he put human eyes in a microwave?

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 15, 2012 1:28 am  #167

Haha yeah, quite worrying really...God knows why they were in the microwave. If he'd turned it on they would have melted or exploded I guess.

I had another one the other night...after they have the argument in Hounds, John walks out, then Sherlock calls him back and he interviews Dr Mortimer...but where does Sherlock go, and what does he do in between the argument and when he "apologises" to John the next day?

July 15, 2012 3:49 am  #168

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I had another one the other night...after they have the argument in Hounds, John walks out, then Sherlock calls him back and he interviews Dr Mortimer...but where does Sherlock go, and what does he do in between the argument and when he "apologises" to John the next day?

I  wondered that myself.  Since Sherlock told him exactly where Louise Mortimer was,  then  he might  have gone there. The pub is next door to the restaurant,  I think. So S  went back to his room--(I'm guessing they each had their own room)   then the next morning  Sherlock went to visit Henry,  and the graveyard is next to Henry's big old house.  John was in the graveyard...He must have wanted  some quiet time...That's where S  and J  met up.  Yeah....there's a little bit of a mix-up here in continuity.   

Kazza--i must have misread something...somewhere,  about the filming.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 1, 2012 12:08 pm  #169

I always wondered what John wanted to say but couldn't?

ELLA: There’s stuff that you wanted to say ...
(John opens his mouth briefly and then closes it.)
ELLA: ... but didn’t say it.
JOHN (his voice breaking): Yeah.
ELLA: Say it now.
JOHN (tearfully): No. (He shakes his head.) Sorry. I can’t.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 1, 2012 1:39 pm  #170

Hi Ivy,

I guess we can presume that he said what he had wanted to say at Sherlock's grave in the last scene. It's not actually stated anywhere, so I might be wrong, but that is how I understood those two scenes, opening and closing the episode.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

August 1, 2012 4:29 pm  #171

I've always wondered how Molly dumped Jim, he doesn't seem like the easiest person to walk out on. Or maybe he didn't mind that much; he didn't really need her any-more...

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

August 1, 2012 4:37 pm  #172

She says she ended it. That is not necessarily true.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 1, 2012 4:57 pm  #173

Molly used Jim just in a desperate attempt to make Sherlock jealous. When she realized that this didn't work too well she maybe took Sherlock's advice "to end it".

Vice versa Jim used Molly to get in contact with Sherlock without revealing himself to him at that point. I would have loved this lab scene after Sherlock's later request to Moriarty (via the hostage at Piccadilly Circus): "Then talk to me in your own voice." – "Patience…"
That would have been sooo sneaky and perfect!

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 1, 2012 5:08 pm  #174

Molly was probably flattered by the attentions of Jim from IT. After all he is a good-looking guy in a decent job and it falls into the category of 'office romance'.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 1, 2012 8:54 pm  #175

Well, and he IS a sweetie after all! 

BTW: where is the "favourite Andrew Scott pictures"-thread?

Last edited by Mattlocked (August 1, 2012 8:55 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 1, 2012 9:21 pm  #176

Please start one!  I'm a sucker for an Irish accent.

August 2, 2012 8:55 pm  #177

hypergreenfrog wrote:

Hi Ivy,

I guess we can presume that he said what he had wanted to say at Sherlock's grave in the last scene. It's not actually stated anywhere, so I might be wrong, but that is how I understood those two scenes, opening and closing the episode.

Yeah, that's what I think it is too.

Although he could be about to say that he lurrrrves him. 

August 3, 2012 3:05 pm  #178

Hello everyone!
I really want to thank you all for putting up this hugely informative n entertaining forum. I had many questions in my mind before  I came here, and I see almost everything is already answered, in fact, many extensive discussions have taken place on almost all topics of significance...
However, today I am suddenly curious about another thing...I am sure al of you must definitely be knowing about it...How many rooms do they have at 221B Baker street flat? I saw Sherlock's bedroom once in A Scandal in Belgravia, but i've never seen John's. Where do both of them sleep? Can you tell me which scene of which episodes I should watch again to see their separate/common room?
Just curious...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look at those cheekbones, I could cut myself slapping that face… would you like me to try?

August 3, 2012 4:07 pm  #179

According to legend  "there's another bedroom upstairs" (Mrs Hudson/ASiP) – but we've actually never seen it to date. Speaking of computers Sherlock once remarked: "...mine was in the bedroom" (TBB). In THE bedroom, not in MY. Hmmm...

Last edited by tobeornot221b (August 3, 2012 4:19 pm)

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 3, 2012 4:35 pm  #180

In Study in Pink, when John forgot his "walking stick" in the restaurant and John and Sherlock came back home, I remember Sherlock shouting to Mrs. Hudson that John will take the room upstairs.
So...mmm... kitchen, livingroom, one bedroom; and another bedroom upstairs. Makes 4. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera