BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 5, 2012 11:44 am  #101

Re: Things we will never know but are curious about

*sighs & rolls eyes*
Foreigners!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 5, 2012 11:48 am  #102

Irene_Adler wrote:

Tantalus wrote:

Molly Hooper wrote:

Chips? When did this happen? I've missed out on something! 

When Sherlock shows up at St. Bart's in TGG and tells Molly she isn't going on her date, he pulls two bags of chips out of his coat and indicates that they are going to be dinner.

Doesn't that happen in Reichenbach?

Yep! Pretty funny--I was even thinking Reichenbach, and still wrote TGG. Mind not functioning at full capacity yet this morning (it's early here...).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 5, 2012 11:49 am  #103

Molly Hooper wrote:

You mean the Quavers? I LOVE Quavers!

Oh, In England we call them crisps! I thought you ment Chips as in french fries!!

Heh heh-- I suspected there was a language barrier there, when you didn't know what I was talking about. Crisps? Really? Amazing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 5, 2012 11:51 am  #104

Yeah! Crisps, because they're, like, crispy...

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 5, 2012 11:52 am  #105

kazza474 wrote:

*sighs & rolls eyes*
Foreigners!

I'm telling Mum what you said as soon as I take the lift back to my flat and put on my favourite colour slippers, turn on the telly and watch the Jubilee celebration while enjoying some yummy crisps. God save the queen!

June 5, 2012 11:56 am  #106

Ha, Ha Hilarious!
But... YAY! You spelt coloUr right!
Sorry, Tantalus but you're not fooling me! Since when is South Carolina anywhere near Lovely, Warm, Sunny, Friendly London!?

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

June 5, 2012 11:58 am  #107

Certainly not close enough. Oh, how I'd love to visit "The Motherland".

June 5, 2012 12:24 pm  #108

Molly Hooper wrote:

Tantalus wrote:

Back on topic... 

Did Sherlock eat both bags of chips?

Chips? When did this happen? I've missed out on something! 

By 'chips' is meant 'crisps'; it's a North American thing y'all!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 5, 2012 12:26 pm  #109

I think the crisps were for Molly and John. Sherlock doesn't eat when he's working!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 5, 2012 12:28 pm  #110

Of, course. How generous of him!

June 5, 2012 1:43 pm  #111

Oh so crisps are potato chips? No wonder Sherlock was wavering on Molly's offer to bring him some. Yum

Disguise is always a self portrait

June 5, 2012 11:36 pm  #112

And, kazza474, thanks very much for posting the pictures of the three ladies together.  I definitely have to improve on my observation skills!

(BTW, I did enjoy the convo about the chips/crisps!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 6, 2012 10:49 am  #113

Back on the main topic:

Addlestone

Why, of all the places in London, Addlestone? Can't help thinking it sounds like a cryptic crossword clue.

Notes
Tones
Son(n?)et

June 12, 2012 2:10 am  #114

Did he ever have a romantic relationship and with whom?

June 12, 2012 2:27 am  #115

Nosy wrote:

Did he ever have a romantic relationship and with whom?

Howdy, Nosy! What a great thread for your first post... 

June 12, 2012 3:54 am  #116

As Mrs. Hudson once said,  "How can we know what goes on in that funny old head?"   she was referring to Sherlock,  and no,  we don't know if he ever had a relationship.  Perhaps he did,  but it didn't work out.   I  seem to recall he said something of the sort in one of the canon stories.   

Quavers are potato chips?   Or  crisps?   

Also the tea set--  I mentioned this in another thread  and there's a pic I have.   One  tea cup had a crown inside of it,  and the other teacup  did NOT>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 12, 2012 5:51 am  #117

Quavers are...the high functioning sociopaths of the crisp-like snack world.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 12, 2012 7:45 am  #118

sherlockskitty wrote:

As Mrs. Hudson once said,  "How can we know what goes on in that funny old head?"   she was referring to Sherlock,  and no,  we don't know if he ever had a relationship.  Perhaps he did,  but it didn't work out.   I  seem to recall he said something of the sort in one of the canon stories.

In the canon, he wanted to marry some daughter of his teacher but she dies before wedding.
In the series we perhaps will find out more about - I hope....

June 12, 2012 11:54 pm  #119

Nosy wrote:

sherlockskitty wrote:

In the canon, he wanted to marry some daughter of his teacher but she dies before wedding.
In the series we perhaps will find out more about - I hope....

What story is that in? Sounds interesting.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 14, 2012 4:30 pm  #120

Ok  in  TRF   Molly says to Sherlock---,  "You look sad,  when you think he can't see you."    Who was she talking about?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

Board footera