BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 7, 2012 11:08 pm  #201

Re: Things we will never know but are curious about

Ivy wrote:

Do you think that Mycroft and Sherlock ever had a good or normal relationship? When they were young for example.

By the way, I've just found these drawings. I really envy people who are able to draw.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=9&q=mycroft+sherlock&offset=48#/d4tmqp1

OMG they're so sweet!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 8, 2012 3:17 am  #202

Oh  those are so great!!  I  love the looks on their faces.  Is that Meryl Streep  as their mummy?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 8, 2012 7:07 am  #203

sherlockskitty wrote:

Oh  those are so great!!  I  love the looks on their faces.  Is that Meryl Streep  as their mummy?

The person who drew this said in the "comments" that she had a photo of Meryl Streep as model.

These christmas jumpers are lovely, my first thought was what Mycroft said to John "He's always been so resentful. You can imagine the Christmas dinners." 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 8, 2012 8:15 am  #204

I love the Christmas jumpers, they're just as ugly as John's in SiB. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 8, 2012 1:01 pm  #205

I can totally imagine the Holmes family Christmas being like that too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 11, 2012 6:02 am  #206

so--  what WERE the christmas dinners really like, then?  Both brothers one-upping each other?  "my horse is bigger than your horse"  etc?

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 12, 2012 7:58 am  #207

In "The Great Game" when sherlock gets the envelope containing the pink mobile phone (sent to him by Moriarty) he talks about female handwriting. He says something like, "she has used this ink"..Who was "She" here? Which woman helped Moriarty to write on that envelope? Or was Sherlock wrong, and it was Moriarty's  handwriting only?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look at those cheekbones, I could cut myself slapping that face… would you like me to try?

August 12, 2012 8:01 am  #208

monitaa wrote:

In "The Great Game" when sherlock gets the envelope containing the pink mobile phone (sent to him by Moriarty) he talks about female handwriting. He says something like, "she has used this ink"..Who was "She" here? Which woman helped Moriarty to write on that envelope? Or was Sherlock wrong, and it was Moriarty's  handwriting only?

This is something that the writers don't make very clear, I think. I assumed it was Mrs Wenceslas, the owner of the art gallery, because Sherlock says something like "Bohemian stationary, an assassin from Prague and YOU, Mrs Wenceslas" and that all the case was very czech-related. But there's no confirmation of this, I believe.

Let's see if anyone else can enlighten us a bit

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

August 12, 2012 8:46 am  #209

I believe the 'woman' who wrote on the envelope would have been the woman who was the first 'live bomb' ; the one sitting in the car. That would have been Moriarty all over after all she was delivering the first messages. And this meant he wasn't dirtying his hands.

Mrs Wenceslas isn't involved in the Carl Powers case at all so no reason for it to be her at all; she's only involved in the painting case.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 12, 2012 6:46 pm  #210

It's probably a bit far-fetched, but for some reason I always thought Irene Adler was the person who wrote on the envelope.

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?
Because you're an idiot."

"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants."

Gwyn eich byd a dymanuf i chwi lawenydd bob amser.

August 12, 2012 10:24 pm  #211

About the handwriting on the envelope--I think it's more of a deduction,  not a "who wrote this on there" guess.  Handwriting analysts are trained to spot the differences between male and female writing.  I think that is what Sherlock did.  He did the same thing in the canon story  Scandal in Bohemia.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 15, 2012 5:22 pm  #212

The first victim sounds about right. And he got her to do it in Bohemian stationary ect just to throw Sherlock off thebscent slightly, because obviously the envelope and handwriting was completely irrelevant to the case in the end.

August 16, 2012 3:11 am  #213

ImaSherlockGirl wrote:

It's probably a bit far-fetched, but for some reason I always thought Irene Adler was the person who wrote on the envelope.

Sherlock had never heard of her then AND more importantly, she only contacted Moriarty just AFTER the end of The Great Game.(Start of Scandal). Nothing really to suggest they had any links before that.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 16, 2012 4:40 am  #214

Thanks everyone for replying to my query.
Yeah, I too now think that it was the first female victim who wrote on that envelope or it could be any other girl who Moriarty coaxed to.... I don't think Moriarty would engage Irene Adler for such an unimportant task...He can make anyone a hostage anytime he wants .. why would he need Irene's services for that..
That museum gallery woman also (I suppose, honestly) confessed to the police that she had never personally met Moriarty and that she was connected only with the painting crime and had got nothing to do with all other things that Moriarty was upto in that episode...

@All
I have another query. Last night I learnt that Benedict's ex-girlfriend featured in the 'Blind Banker' episode of first series, as the secretary of Van Coon. Was wondering who did that "hair pin" eventually go to? Why was she jumping with joy.. Would she retain that hair pin? Won't it eventually belong to the Chinese government as it was a smuggled item?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look at those cheekbones, I could cut myself slapping that face… would you like me to try?

August 19, 2012 8:47 pm  #215

I've got one too:

After Sherlock gets drugged by Irene and then taken home, John tells him that Lestrade filmed him on his phone. Ever wonder what he did/was doing on the video? Suggestions...

August 19, 2012 9:21 pm  #216

I've always imagined there to be a lot of walking into walls, muttering ' The Woman' and general drunk-like behaviour.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 23, 2012 11:42 am  #217

I like to think that in that video Sherlock couldn't stop talking about "BEES. JAWN, LOOK AT THE PRETTY BEES." hahaha 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 24, 2012 11:30 am  #218

Who does Sherlock's and John's washing and ironing? For that matter who did Jim Moriarty's? Eek! You wouldn't want to be accidentally making his white shirts go mushy grey or pink would you! He might have you shot...or made into shoes.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 24, 2012 12:41 pm  #219

Davina wrote:

Who does Sherlock's and John's washing and ironing? For that matter who did Jim Moriarty's?..........................

BORING!!!!!!!!

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

August 24, 2012 5:53 pm  #220

Uh oh, I had thought of a similar question - what a coincidence.

How does Sherlock get his clothes?
Imho he's way too elegant for someone who doesn't care.

Thinking of Irene, will he just text his own measures to a store for a package of 12 of each?
Or maybe there is a tailor who still owes him a favor?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera