BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 4, 2015 12:03 am  #121

Re: So it's true.....

besleybean wrote:

Ok so we're looking  at a Feb/Mar start on Sherlock?
Fine...could still be out by the end of next year.

Too long. Too long to wait. I wish I could do a Rip Van Winkle imitation and just go to sleep until it's time. Too long. Crazy too long.  Sigh.

January 4, 2015 8:17 am  #122

It's certainly possible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 4, 2015 11:19 am  #123

How should May be realistic when Benedict has to start rehearsals for Hamlet in June?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 4, 2015 11:30 am  #124

Does he start that early?
Even so, end of June.?..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 4, 2015 11:45 am  #125

No idea. But the premiere is at the beginning of August. And I think they will rehearse for a month at the minimum. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 4, 2015 12:37 pm  #126

I don't remember time frames exactly...but I seem to recall from an interview, being amazed at how little rehearsal time they have before a big stage production...I literally thought it was only a couple of weeks.
So June sounds early to me, but I suppose end of June is poss.

January 5, 2015 12:47 pm  #127

I've just seen the pic of the Sherlock filming wagon in Bristol...

January 31, 2015 5:50 pm  #128

I prefer to wait 2 years between each season but see a great show, sometimes close to perfection.
I would prefer 5 or 6 episodes in each season, but 3 in 2016 will be fine.

Thanks to internet, everything is immediate now. It's a good thing to wait and expect.

--------------------------------------------------------------
What? Cameras? Here? I'm in my nightie!

February 16, 2015 2:08 pm  #129

zeratul wrote:

Why don't they film 6 episodes in a row, then show the first 3 as a series, the next ones a year later while they start filming the next ones... 
I mean they knew there will be a next series... why do they let us wait that long?

TWO YEARS, TWOOO YEARS (to quote John Watson...)

Exactly!! This is a perfect idea! This will stop all this nonsense. TWOOOOOO YEARS.

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

Moriarty: "Is that a British Army L9A1 in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"
Sherlock: "Oh Jim, it's obviously a Sig Sauer P226R, also assigned by the British Army to soldiers serving in Afghanistan. No science of deduction needed."

February 16, 2015 2:15 pm  #130

Because then they would probably lose their leading actors who do not have the time to film six 90-minute-episodes in a row. Would be at least six months. 

Last edited by SusiGo (February 16, 2015 2:15 pm)

February 16, 2015 2:19 pm  #131

Just what I was thinking, SusiGo. Both of them have said repeatedly that they'd love to keep doing the series into old age--and that they can only keep doing it because of the way it's scheduled.

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

February 16, 2015 2:19 pm  #132

BHavers wrote:

I prefer to wait 2 years between each season but see a great show, sometimes close to perfection.

Thanks to internet, everything is immediate now. It's a good thing to wait and expect.

Agreed 100%.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

February 16, 2015 4:54 pm  #133

Schmiezi wrote:

BHavers wrote:

Agreed 100%.

But we all are aware of course that we most likely won't get three episodes in 2016, but only the Special. And then three episodes in 2017.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 16, 2015 5:15 pm  #134

You surely know how to soothe people ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 16, 2015 5:23 pm  #135

If you need someone/something to soothe you, talk to Hudders.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

February 16, 2015 5:29 pm  #136

I think we are getting the special in 2015. But this would mean no Sherlock in 2016. 

February 16, 2015 5:32 pm  #137

Will there definitely be no shooting in 2016? Because shooting in January 2016 could lead to S4 at the end of 2016. *hopefully crosses fingers*

February 16, 2015 5:35 pm  #138

Oh, I'm sure they will shoot S4 next year and broadcast it at the beginning of 2017.

February 16, 2015 5:40 pm  #139

You are sure, but you don't KNOW for sure.

Off topic: What this forum needs is someone who knows things, don't you think?

Last edited by Schmiezi (February 16, 2015 5:40 pm)

February 16, 2015 5:45 pm  #140

I suppose we all know that we know nothing. But... balance of probability.

Also off topic: You think so? Could be dangerous...

Board footera