BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 13, 2014 10:49 pm  #101

Re: So it's true.....

You hope something different from what you would like to see? You must be really complicated.  No honestly, I didn't understand your comment. 

December 13, 2014 10:56 pm  #102

Sorry, it's late on my end..

What I meant was I am torn between what I'd like to see as a fan of the show... and what the woman in me would secretly hope for... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 13, 2014 11:30 pm  #103

I think we can be assured that terrible things will happen. 

December 14, 2014 1:28 am  #104

silverblaze wrote:

I think we can be assured that terrible things will happen. 

I honestly wish they'd never brought Mary into the show at all. I don't like it/her on so many levels, it's hard to know where to start, or even whether or not to start at all. Just the idea that they'd use an important female character to cause trouble and instigate "terrible things happening" sets my teeth on edge. I hate that men often think that women are more trouble than they're worth. Ugh, sorry, I shouldn't have even gone this far with this; I find it upsetting. I think it's too bad that the writers don't think it's enough to give us clever stories about a brilliantly unusual detective and his brave, loyal, smart assistant, running all over London and solving crimes for the cops. Why in hell did we need Mary (or anyone like her) anyway?

December 14, 2014 2:02 am  #105

Because Mary Morstan Watson is an important part of the original Sherlock Holmes stories.

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

December 14, 2014 2:08 am  #106

REReader wrote:

Because Mary Morstan Watson is an important part of the original Sherlock Holmes stories.

I have not read much original canon, so I don't know much about ACD's Mary, but I've heard it said that she was actually a pretty minor character. And no pregnancy. These BBC writers have really upped the Mary ante, and IMO for the sole purpose of torturing the fans, especially the johnlockers! Plus Amanda A., being Martin's partner, has a built-in job there, long as she wants it. If the next season gives us a new show that would be better titled Sherlock, John, Mary and Baby Watson, I imagine I'll stop watching--  I simply won't watch it, if Mary and the baby and all their attendant problems are going to take over every plotline. All yet to be seen.

December 14, 2014 4:43 am  #107

The Mary character is a major character in the book (not short story) that introduced her, and at the end of the book she and Watson got engaged. She was not a major character in later stories...but she is important in that she and Watson were married for several years before Holmes "died," and therefore during those years Watson was not living in 221B.

Last edited by REReader (December 14, 2014 6:22 am)

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

January 3, 2015 9:41 pm  #108

Do we have any reliable information if filming series 4 has been postponed or not? I read about angry attacks on Benedict (on IMDB, I think) for being the reason for this, probably because of Dr Strange. But do we have any information from the team? I mean, there are contractual obligations and all that. Or is it just the usual rubbish and rumour?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 3, 2015 9:46 pm  #109

From what I understand, shooting of Dr. Strange will start in May next year. That gives four months of shooting Sherlock if neither him nor Martin have any other plans. Not sure how long it will take to shoot four episodes, though.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 3, 2015 9:47 pm  #110

I've just heard gossip...the Amanda stuff and also that Andrew was being blamed, cos of being in Bond,..but how much is Andrew going to be in S4..if at all?!

Last edited by besleybean (January 3, 2015 9:48 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 3, 2015 11:05 pm  #111

Did we even have any reliable information on when the filming of S4 was supposed to happen?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 3, 2015 11:08 pm  #112

No, again, it was generally said later this year...which I took to be November, right after Hamlet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 3, 2015 11:10 pm  #113

Vhanja wrote:

From what I understand, shooting of Dr. Strange will start in May next year. That gives four months of shooting Sherlock if neither him nor Martin have any other plans. Not sure how long it will take to shoot four episodes, though.

But the film is going to be released in November. Would there be enough time? They usually need longer for post-production, don't they? Although this would work fine for series 4.

Last edited by SusiGo (January 3, 2015 11:12 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 3, 2015 11:14 pm  #114

For me we know S4 isn't until next year anyway and it's not going to be before May at the earliest...so really, if it's May or December- doesn't make that much odds to me!

January 3, 2015 11:19 pm  #115

SusiGo wrote:

Vhanja wrote:

But the film is going to be released in November. Would there be enough time? They usually need longer for post-production, don't they? Although this would work fine for series 4.

No, that certainly wouldn't be enough time. In my opinion they'll have to start filming Strange after Hamlet for a release in November 2016. After that, filming of S4 could be possible...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 3, 2015 11:22 pm  #116

Ok so we're looking  at a Feb/Mar start on Sherlock?
Fine...could still be out by the end of next year.

January 3, 2015 11:28 pm  #117

True. 

January 3, 2015 11:39 pm  #118

Shoot in May 2015 and out November 2016. At least, that is what Marvel is "negotiating", according to a link found on wikipedia.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

January 4, 2015 12:01 am  #119

Vhanja wrote:

Once he and Martin and the other major parts are signed, they aren't allowed to have "other plans".  So it all depends on if contracts have been signed or not. AFAIK, the showrunners have never talked about such private-business stuff to the public, so who knows.

January 4, 2015 12:02 am  #120

besleybean wrote:

I've just heard gossip...the Amanda stuff and also that Andrew was being blamed, cos of being in Bond,..but how much is Andrew going to be in S4..if at all?!

Is it just me, or does the Sherlock fandom at large just need to get a life?  Just wondering. Going back in my cave now.

Board footera