BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 6, 2014 9:49 am  #161

Re: Let's talk all things lovely about Ben...

Yay! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 6, 2014 9:51 am  #162

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And here's a cute link from ComicCon

http://instagram.com/p/mcVJ1-qFod/

I'm clueing for looks

April 6, 2014 9:55 am  #163

I am grinning from ear to ear, that is the cutest video ever! I want to pick him up and put him in my pocket.

Last edited by rebeccaholmes (April 6, 2014 9:55 am)

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

April 6, 2014 9:56 am  #164

rebeccaholmes wrote:

It's definitely been confirmed now!

"@BBCTwo: We're delighted to be able to confirm that Benedict Cumberbatch will play Richard III in our second series of Shakespeare’s History plays."

Oh yessss! This is the best news we could have hoped for! It's gonna be grand!
I'm so happy that he won't do another supporting role in a comparably huge movie again... happy for him and happy for us. And I just love this play, so... can't wait!

Btw, I guess we'll need an extra Richard-thread now, don't you think?

Last edited by SolarSystem (April 6, 2014 9:57 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 6, 2014 10:01 am  #165

New thread started!!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

April 6, 2014 10:04 am  #166

Smiling so wide my face will crack! Wheeeeeeee!!!!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

April 6, 2014 11:06 am  #167

So did you break your benedict embargo with your friends Hun?!? And have you been on the picture thread yet cause there's some serious treats to behold!!

I'm clueing for looks

April 6, 2014 3:44 pm  #168

Tinks wrote:

He's being so open out there - he's like a big, talkative, man-child!
I bet his PR person is having Kittens!!

Ben in a nutshell.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 6, 2014 4:59 pm  #169

Thank you, Benedict. I have always defended the blonde PE hair. 

http://greatsherlock.tumblr.com/post/81872249329/and-i-have-seen-people-writing-that-they-hated-how

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 6, 2014 5:20 pm  #170

I didn't like the Fifth Estate hair but then I didnt expect to, it's for a role for pete's sake!

Anyone who judges him for something as plainly obvious and superficial as that, is a complete ****

I'm clueing for looks

April 6, 2014 5:37 pm  #171

I love, love,love his lack of vanity in roles.
It's what makes him a great actor, imo.
And it's why he'll always resist being labelled a "sex symbol" - because jest and foremost he's an actor, and probably greatly appreciates those who admire him for that above his (admittedly gorgeous) looks.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

April 6, 2014 5:46 pm  #172

Could not agree more. 

April 6, 2014 5:51 pm  #173

Well he's not vain at all, in any stretch, he's so bloody modest.

I love that his roles are varied and considered, that he's not fazed by the challenges of portraying people who are still alive. I'd be massively daunted to play Assange or Hawking and yet there he is, bravely nailing it! That takes such amazing tenacity and skill.

I still think his Hawking is one of the best things he's ever done. It amazes me how he could act so afflicted and then walk off set like normal. That's art

I'm clueing for looks

April 7, 2014 12:54 am  #174

I second and third the above comments.  It's absolutely right that he doesn't care what people think of his hair.  He does what is necessary for the character he's playing.  
I couldn't stand his hair in The Fifth Estate but there's no other hair that would've worked because that was Jullian Assauge's hair.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 7, 2014 8:54 am  #175

You ladies are all so right.
It's great to see him do whatever is necessary to bring authenticity to his roles. And if that means that he has to wear clothes or his hair or whatever else in a way that makes people go "What the...?!" - who cares? That's what acting should be about as well. An actor should be versatile in terms of his acting, but also in terms of his looks. And sometimes that means that Benedict looks pretty amazing, and sometimes he doesn't.
I'm sure this keeps him as interested as his audience.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

April 7, 2014 9:12 am  #176

I think this is one of the most beautiful things written about him:

“You’ll never get tired looking at Benedict Cumberbatch. With his soft, sensual appearance, the curly hair, and the strikingly curved lips, he radiates charisma. Not because he owns the clear-cut beauty of George Clooney but because he’s simply unforgettable. He resembles noone and noone resembles him. He is one of a kind, in the true sense of the word. And when he starts to act, then your faith in him becomes certainty: he’s tall but tiny, he stumbles yet he’s so graceful, he smiles seductively yet he is stone cold.”
—     
German newspaper FAZ about Benedict Cumberbatch
[translation by Moriarty’s Skull]

April 7, 2014 9:18 am  #177

Whoever wrote this has every right to call him- or herself a true poet.

April 7, 2014 9:22 am  #178

Oh that's brilliant - sums him up perfectly.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

April 7, 2014 9:39 am  #179

From the FAZ? A German newspaper? Unbelievable! To find something like this in a German newspaper???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 7, 2014 9:43 am  #180

Yes. Unfortunately the rest of the article was a total slating of TFE (including Benedict's performance) but this part is wonderful. 

Here is the full article:

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/feuilleton/kino/video-filmkritiken/video-filmkritik-inside-wikileaks-einer-ist-alle-und-alle-sind-er-12639615.html

Last edited by SusiGo (April 7, 2014 9:44 am)

Board footera