BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 15, 2015 8:12 pm  #1441

Re: Let's talk all things lovely about Ben...

I watched for 12 minutes. Loved it. Then I had to do something else and I thought, fine, I shall continue later on. And then the video was down. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 16, 2015 4:59 pm  #1442

besleybean wrote:

Oh and lovely Emily is there, too.
I hadn't seen her for a bit and was worried she was no longer around!

His niece assistant Emily?  Where?  Heard of her, from fans, but don't remember seeing what she looked like, in pics.  I was just wryly amused that his publicist Karon was hovering in the background again.  And clapped when I saw his parents, and greeting…  they're just adorable. 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

October 16, 2015 8:29 pm  #1443

Yeah, Emily was right there by Karon...looking gorgeous, she seems to have her hair more red than blonde now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 23, 2015 5:51 pm  #1444

Here's a really lovely video of Benedict put together by a fan of his - "Lichtblickpink"...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=qnil92ENUtA

Enjoy!

His smile is like a ray of sunshine and I think he has the most infectious laugh! 

And he is really quite a giggler too! 

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

October 23, 2015 6:08 pm  #1445

This is lovely. And really infectious. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 23, 2015 6:24 pm  #1446

*SMILING*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 23, 2015 9:20 pm  #1447

Yes, definitely infectious.  While it was cute with the song, for a lot of those I wanted to hear what he was saying or what was going on.  But still, thanks for sharing that Val, it was nice.

Clueing for looks.

October 23, 2015 9:26 pm  #1448

Crazy as I am, I knew most of the videos and what he said in them. 

October 23, 2015 9:54 pm  #1449

I just wish people wouldn't say "shit-eating grin", because then I have that picture in my head 

Otherwise, he's lovely as usual 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 4, 2015 8:09 pm  #1450

I just found a old tumblr post that is perfect for this thread

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

November 4, 2015 8:11 pm  #1451

I remember that when it was first posted...great story!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 4, 2015 8:28 pm  #1452

Stories like that always warm my heart! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 4, 2015 10:33 pm  #1453

That is a delightful story!

Clueing for looks.

November 10, 2015 1:40 pm  #1454

November 10, 2015 2:15 pm  #1455

How lovely! I'm so happy for him, well-deserved! And, wow, Sophie looks classy!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

November 10, 2015 2:17 pm  #1456

The Queen seemed to be quite taken with him as well. And he only talked to Channel 4 who have covered the refugee crisis extensively, ignoring the rest of the press. 

November 10, 2015 2:20 pm  #1457

Here's a much longer version of the video clip you posted SusiGo -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11986000/Benedict-Cumberbatch-honoured-with-CBE-by-Queen-at-Buckingham-Palace.html

Along with the article in the Telegraph (plus some more pics of the investiture) there's lots of interesting info in this link.

I love when he talks about what he chatted with the Queen about.  What a wonderful, genuine man.  I'm so happy too that Sophie could be with him on this proud day!  Both of them looked so lovely.

He said that tomorrow he goes to the studio to return to filming Dr. Strange.  Busy man indeed!

Also it wasn't captured in this video but near the end of this article it is mentioned that he has said that he will be taking a break from acting next year and hopes to do more charity work when he has this respite.

I know he will film Season 4 of Sherlock and then there is the proposed film The Current War, but who knows after that?  I personally hope he is serious about taking a break from acting for a spell after that.  I think he has earned some down time away from the "merry-go-round" and the time to focus on other things (like his family, charity and maybe even some producing or directing, writing, etc.). 

-Val

Last edited by Ah-chie (November 10, 2015 2:37 pm)

-Benedict Cumberbatch

November 10, 2015 2:29 pm  #1458

November 10, 2015 2:46 pm  #1459

I love that he is so confident in his position on this topic.  It isn't like he is always stubborn or obstinate - he is just as ready to issue a heartfelt apology when he truly feels that he has done something that he shouldn't have.  But he is a man of a wide heart and deep convictions, so good for him that he stood up to any comments about him being worried that he might be on the receiving end of "flak" about his appeal to theatre audiences concerning the refugees! 

I feel so proud of him today as well!

Bravo Ben!

-Val

-Benedict Cumberbatch

November 10, 2015 3:28 pm  #1460

Good to know it was posted here, I was wondering why there isn't a posting in the "CBE" thread yet.
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=6383

He looked lovely, but I didn't like Sophies outfit and hat. she usually looks lovely too.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

Board footera