BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 18, 2015 9:19 am  #1421

Re: Let's talk all things lovely about Ben...

I think in Germany Ben has become quite a common and popular name and without any connection to "our" Benedict. I also know some boys/men called Benedikt but Ben is definitely more common. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 18, 2015 6:03 pm  #1422

hahaha

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 18, 2015 11:24 pm  #1423

As far as I know the name Ben is among the Top 10 list of German male baby names.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm your landlady - not a plot device!

There are 10 voices in my head. 9 of them tell me I'm crazy. One is humming.

September 11, 2015 12:46 am  #1424

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 11, 2015 7:33 am  #1425

This is a wonderful message that hopefully reaches a lot of people. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 11, 2015 12:56 pm  #1426

Bless him, he really does try to use his super powers for good. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 3, 2015 10:25 am  #1427

In an interview with Rudi Dharmalingam, who plays Guildenstern in Hamlet, he says:
"Benedict is wonderful to work with, generous, humble and very playful"
http://www.desiblitz.com/content/rudi-dharmalingam-uncovers-theatre-and-hamlet

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 6, 2015 11:48 am  #1428

October 14, 2015 3:13 pm  #1429

Pleased to see it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 14, 2015 9:20 pm  #1430

I wasn't sure where to post this, there are some Hamlets threads but it's not really his Hamlet, so in this thread felt right because he is lovely in it. 

http://cumberbuddy.tumblr.com/post/131175885459/benedict-visited-a-school-in-east-ham-to-check-out

Discription: "Benedict visited a school in East Ham to check out their version of Hamlet and their thoughts. Brilliant."

Last edited by Ivy (October 15, 2015 7:20 am)

----------

October 15, 2015 6:05 am  #1431

I'm glad you did post it, because I wanted to come on here and talk about the whole show and didn't really know where to go to do so!
The South Bank show last night on Hamlet was excellent and mainly fetaured Benedict. He was brilliant, at his best, talking about his craft.
Looks like the clip you posted is the one where he went into an East London state school, to see a drama group's presentation of the The ' To be or not ot be ' speech.
Those kids were amazing and I think Benedict was very impressed by them too!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 15, 2015 7:25 am  #1432

The text in the discritption I posted had the wrong colour, therefore you couldn't see it. When you said "looks like...." I thought "yes exactly that's actually mentioned in the discription!"

Too bad there isn't a better video, but I guess it's just a matter of time.

----------

October 15, 2015 8:34 am  #1433

This video has Benedict talking about Black Mass, being a father, and his support of refugees, so I found it hard to choose which thread to post it in. However, it was the moment he spots his parents on the red carpet that made me smile the most

Edit: Not the best video quality, so I went looking and found another one here; it has extra footage, but this time the sound is a bit tinny and you don't get to see him hug his dad.

Last edited by ukaunz (October 15, 2015 10:00 am)

October 15, 2015 9:57 am  #1434

He's lovely as always, And I love that moment with his parents. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

October 15, 2015 11:52 am  #1435

Oh and lovely Emily is there, too.
I hadn't seen her for a bit and was worried she was no longer around!

October 15, 2015 6:11 pm  #1436

Ivy wrote:

I wasn't sure where to post this, there are some Hamlets threads but it's not really his Hamlet, so in this thread felt right because he is lovely in it. 

http://cumberbuddy.tumblr.com/post/131175885459/benedict-visited-a-school-in-east-ham-to-check-out

Discription: "Benedict visited a school in East Ham to check out their version of Hamlet and their thoughts. Brilliant."

What a wonderful video! 

Just to let you all know - I deleted my thread with the link to the full South Bank Show video. It has been taken down from YT and from the source I linked as well. In case there is any legal way to watch it, I will open a new thread. 

October 15, 2015 6:18 pm  #1437

Ah right...which means it will disappear from my social media posts, too...I did wonder how long it would last!

October 15, 2015 7:18 pm  #1438

SusiGo wrote:

Just to let you all know - I deleted my thread with the link to the full South Bank Show video. It has been taken down from YT and from the source I linked as well. In case there is any legal way to watch it, I will open a new thread. 

We could have used the thread for gifs and short videos of the southbank show and then hopefully later see the whole video.

here's a very short one http://nixxie-fic.tumblr.com/post/131208803630/new-video-clip-from-last-nights-south-bank-show
That white shirt and blue pants outfit is totally sexy

Last edited by Ivy (October 15, 2015 7:19 pm)

----------

October 15, 2015 7:21 pm  #1439

Good idea. I started a new one and have posted your link in there, Ivy. 

Last edited by SusiGo (October 15, 2015 8:08 pm)

October 15, 2015 8:07 pm  #1440

And because of my time zone I've missed watching it

Board footera