BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 3, 2014 10:43 am  #121

Re: Let's talk all things lovely about Ben...

Well, I didn't talk about anything, I just said that if there were a role that he really, really wanted to play, there should be ways to make it happen.
And I don't know, but I assume there are contracts for the promotional work an actor has to do for a movie, and I assume those contracts are negotiated well in advance. Weinstein probably had a say in this again once they decided to distribute TIG. But I doubt that promotional work can make an actor unavailable for weeks and months on end.

Be that as it may, I think that there's just nothing on his agenda right now. And I doubt that's just because of TIG. There have to be other reasons.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 3, 2014 10:55 am  #122

No - the anything came from me, not you - I know that.
Maybe he'll announce something at the Australia con. That'd be nice.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

April 3, 2014 11:54 am  #123

Tinks wrote:

Maybe he'll announce something at the Australia con. That'd be nice.

My thought exactly. I'm sure somebody will ask him... and I hope he will not just answer "it's a secret project" again.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

April 3, 2014 6:27 pm  #124

No I just think he'll say he has a few projects in the pipe line!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 5, 2014 6:00 am  #125

Just heard that something fell into Ben's wine at the Adelaide Comic-con panel! What a tickler!

April 5, 2014 6:05 am  #126

Details?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 5, 2014 10:29 am  #127

It was a bug and he said at least it died happy. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 5, 2014 10:36 am  #128

Sounded like, despite the marathon photo and signing sessions which must have been exhuasting, he had a lot of fun!

I'm clueing for looks

April 5, 2014 12:21 pm  #129

So, apparently he talked about The Lost City of Z, so that seems to be happening.

April 5, 2014 12:25 pm  #130

I came here to post the exact same thing, Solar! Haha. Yes it seems to be confirmed and good to go.  So excited!! Here's a nice fan report for those who hasn't seen it. http://cumbercrieff.tumblr.com/post/81767714057/benedict-at-oz-comic-con

April 5, 2014 12:37 pm  #131

That's where I read about it, too.
I admit I had hoped for some more information, but maybe some other reports will say more about projects...

April 5, 2014 9:22 pm  #132

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Sunday Times reporting that, as Martin plays Richard III on stage this year, Benny is going to play the same character for BBC2 next year!!!

The play will be part of another trilogy that carries on from The Hollow Crown trilogy which was on last year (and was astoundingly good IMO) .

To say I am excited is a HUGE understatement!

I'm clueing for looks

April 5, 2014 9:26 pm  #133

Fabulous news.
How great a Richard III will he be?!

April 5, 2014 9:34 pm  #134

Unbelievable I think, it's a role he's wanted to play and I love the fact martinis playing him too!

The way they staged the hollow crown - if they do R3 in the same way....oh the thought gives me chills. Patrick Stewarts "sceptered isle" speech in Richard II will stay with me forever!

I'm clueing for looks

April 5, 2014 9:42 pm  #135

Richard III is made for Benedict.

Last edited by besleybean (April 5, 2014 9:42 pm)

April 5, 2014 9:45 pm  #136

Is this true???
I can't tell you how thrilled I am. If so! I feel like he'll be doing something that makes him truly happy
How odd though, that they're both doing the same thing!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

April 5, 2014 9:49 pm  #137

God, if this is true...! Just about an hour ago my boyfriend and I agreed that Benedict would make such a great villain (again) - and now Richard III...? This would be so amazing!
I loved "The Hollow Crown", can't wait to see more! And with Benedict involved...! Amazing stuff!

April 5, 2014 9:51 pm  #138

April 5, 2014 10:08 pm  #139

Oh God Yes! Really exciting news. That will be amazing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 5, 2014 10:18 pm  #140

Benedict is made for this role.

Board footera