BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 10, 2015 1:33 pm  #1321

Re: Let's talk all things lovely about Ben...

And his toes!!

(no, really!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 10, 2015 1:35 pm  #1322

Neck? Hands? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 10, 2015 1:37 pm  #1323

His pec muscles?

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

March 10, 2015 1:42 pm  #1324

His smile.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 10, 2015 1:45 pm  #1325

Freckles!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 10, 2015 1:50 pm  #1326

Those lush lips...

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 10, 2015 1:53 pm  #1327

I knew there was a reason I couldn't get to sleep. I must have been insane to neglect acknowledging his heavenly body, and special mention goes to his very cute bum, but I must also agree that he has a divine smile, the hands of an angel, a sensual neck, godlike curls and adorable freckles. I did mention his lips, voice and hair in the previous list. Sorry if I've forgotten anything else, but it is now 1AM where I am 

Oh, and I love him because when we meet in my head, he is very nice, let's me take a photo with him, and gives me a friendly hug and kiss on the cheek (we are both married, so I can't expect much more than that 

Now I should be able to have sweet dreams...

Last edited by ukaunz (March 10, 2015 1:54 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 10, 2015 1:55 pm  #1328

Well, I am going to discuss his good taste in tea.

We have a gourmet tea shop in our city and I got a chance to go there yesterday.  I remembered BC talking about his favourite tea that his dad makes in a video and it was a blend of Earl Grey (2/3rds) and Lapsang Souchong (1/3rd).  I got a packet of each (more of the Earl Grey because we both love Earl Grey anyway) and blended it to those proportions.

WOW! it was wonderful - just like Ben described it... the Lapsang Souchong has a really smokey, rich flavour (when you smell it, it smells like burnt charcoal) and of course the Earl Grey is very floral (especially the kind I got which is the Cream Earl Grey) so the Lap really balances out the almost perfumy tones of the Grey. 

Perfect breakfast tea. 

Thanks Benedict!  And I think I'll rename this Ben's Blend in his honour for putting me on to this (although I should really name it Tim's Blend... but you know Ben's Blend is more alliterative).

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

March 10, 2015 1:55 pm  #1329

Sweet dreams, ukaunz!

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 10, 2015 1:55 pm  #1330

You guys have forgotten about his eyes! He has the most beautiful eyes, his "condition" make them look like as if they change colour. Stunning!

But, yes, I concur to that list, very well put! (Although I think he is posh, something that probably means something different for me since I don't view it as anything negative).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

March 10, 2015 1:56 pm  #1331

SusiGo wrote:

Maybe we should put THIS in an open letter instead. 

Feel free to edit and add to it, I will sign it 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 10, 2015 2:01 pm  #1332

Vhanja wrote:

You guys have forgotten about his eyes! He has the most beautiful eyes, his "condition" make them look like as if they change colour. Stunning!

I didn't forget his eyes, though I didn't wax as lyrical as I could have

But, yes, I concur to that list, very well put! (Although I think he is posh, something that probably means something different for me since I don't view it as anything negative).

True, it's a subjective word. He's posh in a good way then

*sigh* I wish I could stay up all night with you guys discussing Benedict, but alas I have to get some sleep so I can safely take the kids to school in the morning!

March 10, 2015 2:33 pm  #1333

I have got to try Benedicts fave tea some day! it does sound amazing! Even if I'm more of a herbal girl... 

And can I just add one more to the list.. did we mention the mole on his neck??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 10, 2015 6:09 pm  #1334

Thanks Phantom for relying to my post about Ben's wonderful tastes in tea.

The amazing thing is it has been hours since I brewed that delicious concoction and I can still almost taste it in my mouth!  Perhaps it is just the smell of the tea ball... but it it so strong in my sensory memory that it is unbelievable.

If you ever get a chance to make the blend I can't recommend it enough.

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

March 10, 2015 6:40 pm  #1335

Benedict seems to have a great taste in everything he does, so I really do trust that tea blend is amazing!
Thank you for reccomending it, now I just have to find out where to get it from... I've seen Earl Grey but not the other one 

(I only every have Earl Grey at meetings, it's never been 'my cup of tea')

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 10, 2015 7:44 pm  #1336

ukaunz wrote:

He looks great in suits, coats, period costume and H2O (Vanity Fair photo shoots and bathing scenes in particular).

And in any kind of uniform, and in armour, and futuristic space suits, and purple shirts, and wrapped in a sheet... and naked, shivering in the rain

Yes, I also love the mole on his neck, his muscled chest and his toes (even though I'm personally not "into" feet). And if I drank it I'm sure I'd love his taste in tea too 

March 10, 2015 7:50 pm  #1337

ukaunz wrote:

Vhanja wrote:

I didn't forget his eyes, though I didn't wax as lyrical as I could have

I was gonna say that too!   Love those eyes.  Awww… what a sweet post.  I'll sign it too!     

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 10, 2015 10:18 pm  #1338

ukaunz wrote:

ukaunz wrote:

He looks great in suits, coats, period costume and H2O (Vanity Fair photo shoots and bathing scenes in particular).

And in any kind of uniform, and in armour, and futuristic space suits, and purple shirts, and wrapped in a sheet... and naked, shivering in the rain

Yes, I also love the mole on his neck, his muscled chest and his toes (even though I'm personally not "into" feet). And if I drank it I'm sure I'd love his taste in tea too 

And dressing gowns... He looks very good in dressing gowns too 

March 11, 2015 12:34 pm  #1339

23 Reasons Why Crushing On Benedict Cumberbatch Is Madness

http://www.buzzfeed.com/elliewoodward/more-like-cumbersexual-amirite#.tmV18KBEqn

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

March 11, 2015 12:41 pm  #1340

Ivy wrote:

23 Reasons Why Crushing On Benedict Cumberbatch Is Madness

http://www.buzzfeed.com/elliewoodward/more-like-cumbersexual-amirite#.tmV18KBEqn

This article just killed me. So hot!

Board footera