BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 24, 2015 9:43 pm  #1301

Re: Let's talk all things lovely about Ben...

He's the perfect gentleman. 

This was also really lovely. Ben replying to a fan while queuing for the Oscars.

http://ilovebenedict.tumblr.com/post/111972814030/aselfprofessedcumberbabe-video-src-x

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 24, 2015 10:16 pm  #1302

Isn't he sweet, and polite and...

Awh. I love him. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 24, 2015 10:21 pm  #1303

Okay so the name jokes are certainly getting old, but this made me Lol

http://www.mtv.com/news/2086795/brendadirk-cramplescrunch-oscars-meme-cumberbatch/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 24, 2015 10:30 pm  #1304

Oh, and Benedict is so adorably awkward in this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA0jMr2yZW4

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 24, 2015 10:43 pm  #1305

Can I just say I LOVE that thing he did with his eyes... He is so in control of his facial expressions! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 24, 2015 11:06 pm  #1306

Vhanja wrote:

He's the perfect gentleman. 

This was also really lovely. Ben replying to a fan while queuing for the Oscars.

http://ilovebenedict.tumblr.com/post/111972814030/aselfprofessedcumberbabe-video-src-x

I love that!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 26, 2015 3:01 am  #1307

Just back from seeing The Imitation Game. I am an emotional wreck. So glad I went by myself, and thankful that I had a supply of tissues in my bag and dark sunglasses to wear.

Thank you Mr Benedict Cumberbatch. You are amazing, don't stop. 

March 10, 2015 1:08 pm  #1308

I think this thread needs a bump to counterbalance all the negative, scary stuff that is flooding tumblr at the moment 

So here is why I am a fan of Benedict Cumberbatch, and why I "love" him despite not knowing him (and I'll probably never even meet him):

First and foremost, he is an amazingly talented, versatile actor. The more I see of his work, the more I admire him.
He has the ability to pour himself into his roles, he "becomes" his character.
He can convey so much with his expression, his eyes, his body language - he puts his whole self into his acting.
He is intelligent, articulate, and cultured (I love his taste in books and music).
He always has something interesting to say, and puts a lot of thought into it.
You can tell he is eager to learn and grow as a person. He seeks to challenge himself with every new project.
He's passionate about his work, and the things he believes in.
His charismatic personality makes me want to know more about him.
He has a wry, witty and wicked sense of humour. He can do comedy!
He's fun-loving, playful, sometimes childish and totally adorkable.
His voice makes my heart do flip-flops, but holds my attention (he's an brilliant reader of poetry and audiobooks).
He is cleverly able to do so many voices and accents, his audio characters are just as developed and nuanced as those on stage or screen.
He is compassionate, kind, and charitable. I love that he spent his gap year teaching English to Tibetan Buddhist monks in Nepal, and that he wrote a letter to the family of a 14 year old fan when she died.
He doesn't take life for granted, he counts his blessings and chooses to live his life to the fullest. He keeps it all in perspective and takes joy in life.
He's down to earth, and not at all posh. I love that he swears in interviews, I don't know why I love that.
He's classy and charming, you can tell he's a real gentleman - and good on his parents for raising him that way.
He's honest, diplomatic in the face of uncomfortable situations, and knows how to apologise sincerely. His life has been turned upside down since Sherlock first aired, and he's taken to it with absolute grace, despite those who want to "catch him out".
He worships his idols in public, I love it when he fanboys
He's a good friend (to his friends, who obviously love him).
He's loving and protective of those he cares for, including his fans.
He shows all signs of being a wonderful husband and father, I wish him peace and happiness in his personal life. I also hope that he is left in peace to enjoy it.
He's so self-deprecating, it's like he cannot believe he is worthy of all the adulation.
His personality was fully formed before he became an international superstar and sex symbol, so it hasn't gone to his head.
He has a vulnerability that makes me want to hug him.
He comes across as a genuinely decent guy, a lovely human being - and you can tell it's not an act. And he loves his mum & dad 
I really believe he's not in it for the fame and fortune, and that he is humbly grateful for the rewards of his achievements.
He looks great in suits, coats, period costume and H2O (Vanity Fair photo shoots and bathing scenes in particular).
And lastly but not finally (I'm sure I could think of many more reasons):
I love his unique good looks, sexy eyes, stunning cheekbones, beautiful hair; he's just gorgeous. And how could I forget his LIPS.

I just don't understand how some so called "fans" can say such horrible things about Benedict and Sophie, and how they think they have any right to demand things of him. I hope they never have the chance to get near him.

Now, I'm off to bed. Good night!

March 10, 2015 1:12 pm  #1309

Well said, I think many of us would support this. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 10, 2015 1:14 pm  #1310

ukaunz wrote:

I think this thread needs a bump to counterbalance all the negative, scary stuff that is flooding tumblr at the moment

So here is why I am a fan of Benedict Cumberbatch, and why I "love" him despite not knowing him (and I'll probably never even meet him):

First and foremost, he is an amazingly talented, versatile actor. The more I see of his work, the more I admire him.
He can convey so much with his expression, his eyes, his body language - he puts his whole self into his acting.
He is intelligent, articulate, and cultured (I love his taste in books and music).
You can tell he is eager to learn and grow as a person. He seeks to challenge himself with every new project.
His voice makes my heart do flip-flops, but holds my attention (he's an brilliant reader of poetry and audiobooks).
He is cleverly able to do so many voices and accents, his audio characters are just as developed and nuanced as those on stage or screen.
He is compassionate, kind, and charitable. I love that he spent his gap year teaching English to Tibetan Buddhist monks in Nepal, and that he wrote a letter to the family of a 14 year old fan when she died.
He doesn't take life for granted, he counts his blessings and chooses to live his life to the fullest. He keeps it all in perspective and takes joy in life.
He's down to earth, and not at all posh. I love that he swears in interviews, I don't know why I love that.
He's classy and charming, you can tell he's a real gentleman - and good on his parents for raising him that way.
He's honest, diplomatic in the face of uncomfortable situations, and knows how to apologise sincerely. His life has been turned upside down since Sherlock first aired, and he's taken to it with absolute grace, despite those who want to "catch him out".
He shows all signs of being a wonderful husband and father, I wish him peace and happiness in his personal life. I also hope that he is left in peace to enjoy it.
He's so self-deprecating, it's like he cannot believe he is worthy of all the adulation.
His personality was fully formed before he became an international superstar and sex symbol, so it hasn't gone to his head.
He comes across as a genuinely decent guy, a lovely human being - and you can tell it's not an act. And he loves his mum & dad
I really believe he's not in it for the fame and fortune, and that he is humbly grateful for the rewards of his achievements.
He looks great in suits, coats, period costume and H2O (Vanity Fair photo shoots and bathing scenes in particular).
I love his unique good looks, sexy eyes, stunning cheekbones, beautiful hair; he's just gorgeous. And how could I forget his LIPS.

I just don't understand how some so called "fans" can say such horrible things about Benedict and Sophie, and how they think they have any right to demand things of him. I hope they never have the chance to get near him.

Gee, is that all you can come up with?  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 10, 2015 1:15 pm  #1311

Where can I sign that??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 10, 2015 1:17 pm  #1312

tonnaree wrote:

ukaunz wrote:

I'm sure she was in a hurry. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 10, 2015 1:19 pm  #1313

Give her time, then she will come up with more. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 10, 2015 1:19 pm  #1314

Thank you, ukaunz, that was beautiful.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 10, 2015 1:25 pm  #1315

She didn't even mention his behind!?!?!  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 10, 2015 1:29 pm  #1316

Now I really had to go back to check.... 
You're right! But like Susi said, give her some time and some sleep and THEN!!.........!!!!

And I agree with nakahara: That was beautiful.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 10, 2015 1:29 pm  #1317

Mattlocked wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

ukaunz wrote:

I'm sure she was in a hurry.

She must have been.

And I like to sign this!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 10, 2015 1:31 pm  #1318

Maybe we should put THIS in an open letter instead. 

March 10, 2015 1:31 pm  #1319

And the curls!!!!
Sorry, ukaunz, nice try but.....

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

March 10, 2015 1:32 pm  #1320

And the voice!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

Board footera