BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 18, 2014 8:08 pm  #1141

Re: Let's talk all things lovely about Ben...

Hee!

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

December 19, 2014 8:31 pm  #1142

I know the Pengwing thing might get old soon...

But today in town there was a guy in a pengwing suit handing out candy... some promo for a bank... I just couldn't help but giggle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 20, 2014 12:05 am  #1143

I will never tire of the penwings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 22, 2014 10:35 pm  #1144

Benedict did a tongue twister with Sienna Miller for a charity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZy_-wzpWG0

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 23, 2014 3:19 am  #1145

LOL!

I love the way he insists (quite rightly) on explaining the charity when he's doing this sort of thing--that's true raising awareness.

Last edited by REReader (December 23, 2014 3:20 am)

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

December 23, 2014 5:47 am  #1146

Saw that one yesterday - so cute!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

December 23, 2014 7:05 am  #1147

Have you guys heard this? 

Excuse me while I go faint in the corner over here...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

December 23, 2014 7:09 am  #1148

Yep, for me, one of those cases of a good tune spoilt by the words!
Benedict delivers it magnificently...

Last edited by besleybean (December 23, 2014 7:09 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 23, 2014 9:27 am  #1149

REReader wrote:

LOL!

I love the way he insists (quite rightly) on explaining the charity when he's doing this sort of thing--that's true raising awareness.

In case anyone wants to know about purpose of the tongue twister challenge - here is a short video about Sohana Collins:

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-24902658

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 23, 2014 12:06 pm  #1150

Ben looks about 12 in that challange!  So cute!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

December 23, 2014 10:55 pm  #1151

That tongue twister cracked me up! Good job! I just love how he supports all those charties!

That song... That is such a 'smaug-ish' voice and oh dear... it goes straight through my bones!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 25, 2014 4:59 am  #1152

Benedict reads for 'The Story of Christmas'

"A Visit From St. Nicholas"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHi7_F2fml8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

December 28, 2014 10:59 pm  #1153

I'm reckon you guys have seen this ages ago, but I love this interwiew-thingy with him and Kiera Knightly. I LOVE their chemistry together, always makes me in a good mood seing this interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN1dgyHJ1e8

Last edited by Vhanja (December 28, 2014 11:07 pm)

Team Hudders!

December 28, 2014 11:00 pm  #1154

I love this one, they are so funny and relaxed together. 

December 29, 2014 12:20 pm  #1155

Yeah, absolutely. That's an adorable video.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 2, 2015 7:32 pm  #1156

Have you guys seen this video? It's a Setlock video, but he does something I've never seen before - his written a political statement of a few pieces of paper and holds it up to the "audience". Towards the end of the video he moves over to the area where the girl is filming so you get to read the message yourself. It seems to be about Snowden and the issue of government secrecy and surveillance. 

I'm wondering if this could be around the time when he made The Fifth Estate? I'm not criticising him doing it nor his opinions (as I agree with him), it just seems slightly... random. And odd.

Team Hudders!

January 2, 2015 7:37 pm  #1157

Yes, he did so in August 2013 when filming HLV in London. It was shortly before TFE was released so this might be a proof of his political awareness regarding these issues. 

January 2, 2015 7:38 pm  #1158

Oh yeah, it was a big thing at the time...some people liked, some didn't...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 2, 2015 7:45 pm  #1159

I found it quite refreshing. Directing attention from himself to issues he thought to be more important. And if I remember correctly, it was not directed at the fans but at professional photographers or paps. 

January 2, 2015 7:55 pm  #1160

Oh, so there were professional papers and journalists there too? Yeah, I did found it a bit odd, because no one could read what it from that distance (except those with professional cameras w/ultra-zoom).

Team Hudders!

Board footera