BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 29, 2014 8:57 am  #1061

Re: Let's talk all things lovely about Ben...

Thank you, gently. I had this in my English text book in Oberstufe. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 29, 2014 9:07 am  #1062

I never was at the Oberstufe. So that's all absolutely new for me ... the whole Shakespeare stuff.
But hey ... it's awesome. And if I wouldn't be that interested in Benedict I maybe would have never ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

October 29, 2014 9:12 am  #1063

But it is lovely to discover it through him, isn't it? Wish he could have read it to us thirty years ago. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 29, 2014 9:26 am  #1064

He opens absolutely whole new worlds for me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

October 29, 2014 9:26 am  #1065

This is wonderful. 

October 29, 2014 9:58 am  #1066

One day you should thank him for that in person, gently. 
I never liked "As you like it" all that much, but this part really gives me goosebumps. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

October 29, 2014 10:15 am  #1067

SolarSystem wrote:

One day you should thank him for that in person, gently. 

Yes, of course!!! When? Where?

(Tony Hadley)

October 29, 2014 10:28 am  #1068

I have absolutely no idea...! 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

November 3, 2014 5:24 pm  #1069

I just bought a new Christmas decoration (Yes, I know... way too early.) But guess what it is?

It's a Pengwing!

And I'm naming it Benny! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 3, 2014 5:27 pm  #1070

Oh you've just reminded me.
I was listening to a reading group at school today.
We came to the word 'pigeon'.
But the girl read it as 'penguin'.
Honestly, all the kids thought I'd totally lost the plot...
I was about on the floor laughing!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 3, 2014 8:30 pm  #1071

Awh hahah!

At the party Friday my best friends boyfriend was dressed like Chaplin and I had to teach him to do the walk (which I am still painfully paying for...)
My friend almost screamed laughing at his attempt "You look like a retarded Penguin!" and her and I both agreed that must be what a 'Pengwing' is...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

November 3, 2014 9:12 pm  #1072

Benedict working again with The Big Issue:

http://cumbertrekky.tumblr.com/image/101697700431

November 3, 2014 9:16 pm  #1073

Woohoo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

November 3, 2014 9:51 pm  #1074

Oooh, I can't wait!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

November 4, 2014 12:25 pm  #1075

Here is a nice article about season 3 and some ideas of Benedict's about his character but the most lovely thing is how he cares about his fans:

http://www.npr.org/2014/11/04/361217134/sherlock-star-benedict-cumberbatch-shows-last-season-really-freudian?utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=news&utm_source=dlvr.it

November 4, 2014 12:35 pm  #1076

SusiGo wrote:

... but the most lovely thing is how he cares about his fans:

Yes, that indeed is ...

(Tony Hadley)

November 4, 2014 1:06 pm  #1077

SusiGo wrote:

Here is a nice article about season 3 and some ideas of Benedict's about his character but the most lovely thing is how he cares about his fans:

http://www.npr.org/2014/11/04/361217134/sherlock-star-benedict-cumberbatch-shows-last-season-really-freudian?utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=news&utm_source=dlvr.it

See, he does care about and appreciate us.  He knows that the psycho demanding fans are the exception and not the rule.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

November 4, 2014 1:11 pm  #1078

Yes to all that!
I love the article.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 4, 2014 1:26 pm  #1079

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

November 4, 2014 5:32 pm  #1080

Aw.

Board footera