BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 12, 2014 12:41 pm  #761

Re: Let's talk all things lovely about Ben...

I'm with the group that wants Ben to win on Oscar just so I can see his face when he wins and hear his sweet funny humble acceptance speech. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 12, 2014 12:46 pm  #762

I think that nomination itself is enough proof that there is a positive recognition of your work among your audience and colleagues - you must not actually win the price itself.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 12, 2014 1:01 pm  #763

tonnaree wrote:

I'm with the group that wants Ben to win on Oscar just so I can see his face when he wins and hear his sweet funny humble acceptance speech. 

Oh yes, that would be . It's all about his reaction and the speech!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 12, 2014 1:04 pm  #764

Awh, I can imagine it... and It's making me gush with pride just thinking about it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 12, 2014 1:41 pm  #765

You know he'd waffle all over the place. 

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 12, 2014 3:36 pm  #766

Saying lovely things about his family, as usual.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 12, 2014 3:41 pm  #767

besleybean wrote:

Saying lovely things about his family, as usual.

I could so see him taking his Mum and Dad to the Oscars.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

June 12, 2014 4:09 pm  #768

I would hope he would take them all, there's only 5 of them altogether!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 12, 2014 5:30 pm  #769

June 12, 2014 5:44 pm  #770

Hmm...not really sure what to make of that piece, to be honest!
It seems to be a reworking of a lot of stuff that's already out there...and what does she mean "if he's as uncomfortable with the attention ...as he says he is" ??

Last edited by Tinks (June 12, 2014 5:47 pm)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 12, 2014 8:09 pm  #771

Because it fits quite well with all the oscar talk, I have a question for you and it was probably answered before, but I can´t go through all sites at the moment:
Did Benedict ever say what he was thinking when he photobombed U2 at the red carpet at the oscars this year? I have seen a video and some pictures and found it really funny, but a bit untypical for him from what I had seen so far. So I was just wondering how he came up with this idea ......

June 12, 2014 8:12 pm  #772

I think just happy and caught in the moment.

June 12, 2014 8:51 pm  #773

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that it had to do with a bet...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

June 12, 2014 8:59 pm  #774

Ah, okay, that would make sense to me.
And maybe he was just so happy and excited in that special moment too!!

June 21, 2014 2:31 pm  #775

I know this thread is about all things lovely about Ben. But honestly, I am not really happy with him selling Dunlop tyres. Doing voice-overs is one thing but ads for tyres - does he really have to do this? Or is this just me not feeling really happy about it? I was hoping for a photoshopped hoax but it seems this is genuine.  

http://dudeufugly.tumblr.com/post/89434573370/dudeufugly-thats-why-according-to-the-site

Last edited by SusiGo (June 21, 2014 2:33 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 21, 2014 2:52 pm  #776

I lot of really big name celebrities like Brad Pitt and Harrison Ford have done ads for Japanese companies and audiences that they'd never do for North American audiences. I have a feeling that these must pay really well for minimum effort.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

June 21, 2014 3:02 pm  #777

I also felt it was a little odd. 

June 21, 2014 3:03 pm  #778

Good to know. I thought maybe it was only me. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 21, 2014 3:07 pm  #779

Well, he can pay me a visit and do a tyre change anytime he wants to... but I don't need him doing ads for it.

June 21, 2014 3:08 pm  #780

Agreed. Thinking of it, he could also wash my car. I would even get him a cold beer afterwards. 

Board footera