BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 11, 2014 1:04 pm  #721

Re: Let's talk all things lovely about Ben...

Whatever it is I'd like to know! I'm permanently tired lately - could use some of his energy supply
It's what keeps him so young, I guess

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 11, 2014 2:26 pm  #722

Every time a fangirl *squees* Benedict absorbs the escence of her adoration.  At this point he's got enough energy to power the sun.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 11, 2014 3:50 pm  #723

tonnaree wrote:

Every time a fangirl *squees* Benedict absorbs the escence of her adoration.  At this point he's got enough energy to power the sun.

Case solved. Brilliant, tonnaree

Tinks wrote:

Oh - I though that was why he was in France.

Me too. But I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for him and Sherlock

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

June 11, 2014 3:54 pm  #724

Aaaw no SuitBatch then?? Awh! I suppose he has his reasons though, probably something important has come up! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 11, 2014 5:24 pm  #725

tonnaree wrote:

Yup.  'Cause everyone loves him, don'tcha know.     

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1RAnu1DqIA

(adorable video-bombing of Ben when he's trying to answer an interviewer)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

June 11, 2014 5:50 pm  #726

tonnaree wrote:

Oh, so THAT´s how he is doing it!  Sly rascal!!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 11, 2014 6:01 pm  #727

Love it! :D

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

June 11, 2014 6:04 pm  #728

tonnaree wrote:

The best explanation ever

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 11, 2014 6:05 pm  #729

Sorry to tell you that Benedict did not win at Monte Carlo. Congrats to Klaus Maria Brandauer. 

Sorry! This is really embarrassing. I mixed them up. Klaus Maria Brandauer won and he is an excellent Austrian actor. 

Last edited by SusiGo (June 11, 2014 6:14 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 11, 2014 6:07 pm  #730

Whoever he is!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 11, 2014 6:07 pm  #731

Ah, that's a shame - he doesn't get much serious recognition for his acting in Sherlock though, imo.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

June 11, 2014 6:07 pm  #732

Oh, he is a brilliant Swiss actor. One of the best German-speaking actors, I would say. 

I have not seen his film. But I think it may be an impediment that Sherlock is regarded by many as a crime show and not "serious drama". 

Last edited by SusiGo (June 11, 2014 6:09 pm)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 11, 2014 6:09 pm  #733

I need to check him out!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 11, 2014 6:11 pm  #734

Do that. He is really, really good. 

Sorry, bb, just edited my above post. I had the wrong man in mind. But Brandauer is excellent as well. My mistake. 

Last edited by SusiGo (June 11, 2014 6:15 pm)

June 11, 2014 6:16 pm  #735

I need to check them both out!

June 11, 2014 6:23 pm  #736

Fine  :-)

June 11, 2014 6:31 pm  #737

All nominated actors deserved the price equally, they are all good.
So it doesn´t matter that only one of them won - it doesn´t diminish them. 

Last edited by nakahara (June 11, 2014 6:51 pm)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 11, 2014 8:54 pm  #738

Isn't His Last Vow and Ben up for TV Emmy awards? That must be soon too!

I'm clueing for looks

June 12, 2014 1:56 am  #739

I am going to be so torn by the Emmy's this year.  I'm routing for people in Sherlock, Fargo and True Detective to get nominations.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 12, 2014 4:12 am  #740

Klaus Maria Brandauer was in "Out of Africa", I'm sure you all know him from that movie.

And I suppose Susi is right, "Sherlock" is probably considered to be more of a crime series instead of serious drama, and that might make it more difficult for the show and the actors to take away awards.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

Board footera