BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 4, 2014 9:40 pm  #661

Re: Let's talk all things lovely about Ben...

As it happens I am in London on this day and was planning a trip to Speedy's.

I shall investigate and report back!!

I'm clueing for looks

June 4, 2014 9:42 pm  #662

Yay! That would be cool! I hope you get to see something good!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 4, 2014 9:50 pm  #663

clareiow wrote:

As it happens I am in London on this day and was planning a trip to Speedy's.

I shall investigate and report back!!

Detective clareiow in action

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 4, 2014 10:53 pm  #664

O my God, I know it can't be Sherlock but my heart is beating faster. Investigate, clare! Good luck!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

June 5, 2014 5:30 am  #665

I don't really think it can be true...but it was nice to see this last thing at night.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 5, 2014 5:59 am  #666

This is, yet again, why you need to be on Twitter.
From The Man:Ian Hallard ‏=13px@IanHallard [/url] 14h[url=https://twitter.com/lestrademycroft]@lestrademycroft Nothing to do with Sherlock. You can tell them to calm down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 5, 2014 7:20 am  #667

SusiGo wrote:

Here is a rumour about a new part which sounds pretty amazing. 

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/Arts/article1417371.ece

Here is some more information on that, by the way:

http://upandcomers.net/2014/06/02/journeys-end-cumberbatch-hiddleston-redmayne/

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

June 5, 2014 7:30 am  #668

Sounds like a great project, but it seems a way off yet, if none of them have even been approached.
By the way, I'm being so unreasonable here, but I'm actually a little annoyed that Redmayne is playing Hawking!
It's like they've chosen someone vaguely similar to BC to play a part that, imo, nobody could play any better than he did, and that he doesn't get anywhere near enough credit for!!!

Last edited by Tinks (June 5, 2014 7:31 am)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 5, 2014 7:41 am  #669

Yes, it could take ages before anything definite happens with that project.
But we've been talking about Hiddles a while back in connection with Sherlock, and while I don't think I would want him to be on the show, I would love him to do a film like this one together with Benedict. 

As for Redmayne and Hawking: It's a movie, it will be in cinemas, it probably will be huge and not too bad and he will probably do a decent enough job. But of course Benedict will always be Hawking to me. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

June 5, 2014 8:33 am  #670

I think that's my problem, Solar  , far too many people have never even heard of BC's incredible performance, and now, here's Mr Redmayne probably about to have a great big Cinema hit in Benedict's role!!!!
Oh gosh, I'm turning into one of that crazy obsessed fans who hate on all his "rivals"  

I agree - Cumbers and Hiddles in a Movie together would be fabulous (with Eddie, too, actually), but I don't want to see TH in Sherlock.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

June 5, 2014 8:40 am  #671

I think having Tom in Sherlock is wishful thinking of some fans and not a real option. I would love to see them together in any other project though. 

As for Hawking - tbh, I am not sure if Benedict had accepted the role if it had been offered to him. I do not see him playing the same character twice, at least not if the period in Hawking's life is similar to the one in the TV film. He does not like to repeat himself. 
What can be interesting is playing the same character in two very differents periods of life like Peter O'Toole did in "Becket" and "The Lion in Winter". This was awesome and something Benedict might like to do at some point. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 5, 2014 8:51 am  #672

It's not so much that I'd like to see him play the role again, Susi (although that's a brilliant idea about him playing the older version!); it's more to do with the fact that it was such a fantastic performance he gave, yet so few people have seen or heard of it, seemingly.
Ah well, good luck to Eddie in the part, anyway.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

June 5, 2014 8:53 am  #673

Tinks, I understand what you mean by "Benedict's role", and I guess we all feel quite protective about Benedict and his work. And of course we all would have loved to see him as Hawking in a huge movie production - on the other hand, with Benedict's Hawking we got a wonderful project with an impeccable performance by Benedict. It can't get any better than this, not even on the big screen. Certainly a lot more people will see the movie with Redmayne, which truly is a shame, because they'll have no idea what they're missing by not seeing Benedict as Hawking.
But that's how things like that go, I suppose. Redmayne might give a great performance, as well. I know that I will go and watch the film.
So many actors have played Hamlet for example, and I'm sure each of those actors brought something to the role that was special, different, new. Benedict will bring something different to the role, as well, and I'm sure we're all very happy that he gets the chance to play a role dozens of other actors have played before him. I know, it's not a perfect comparison, I just wanted to express that there is no reason to "hate on all his rivals". 

Oh, and I actually do have the tiny hope that with this new movie about Hawking, maybe we will get a dubbed version of Benedict's Hawking in Germany after all...

Last edited by SolarSystem (June 5, 2014 8:55 am)

June 5, 2014 9:03 am  #674

It's criminal that you haven't had that yet - and even that it's not repeated more often on TV.
You're right about Hamlet , of course, there will plenty of people who will be thinking that no one can ever do it as well as whoever is their favourite in the role.
( I don't hate Eddie really, honest!  )

Last edited by Tinks (June 5, 2014 9:04 am)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

June 5, 2014 7:26 pm  #675

From tomorrow three amazing actors are going to read original news from D-Day:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2014/benedict-cumberbatch-radio4-dday

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 5, 2014 7:32 pm  #676

Benedict, Patrick Stewart and Toby Jones! Aw, that's thrilling!
And what a great idea to have them read original radio scripts from 70 years ago...

June 5, 2014 7:34 pm  #677

Hope the clever people on tumblr collect and post the pieces. 

June 5, 2014 7:36 pm  #678

There are links to clips on Twitter now...oh and on the BBC radio website...radio 4, is it? I mean I think they will be on tomorrow.

June 5, 2014 7:38 pm  #679

June 5, 2014 7:46 pm  #680

Yes, that's DorkBatch at his best.

Board footera