BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 28, 2014 7:16 pm  #621

Re: Let's talk all things lovely about Ben...

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 28, 2014 7:17 pm  #622

How sweet 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 28, 2014 7:24 pm  #623

Aw that's lovely!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 28, 2014 8:46 pm  #624

Nice one! I wrote a limerick about Shelrock one day, I wanted to do a whole series but I only wrote one  But it's in Polish, I can't do rhymes in English.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

June 1, 2014 10:13 am  #625

Here is a rumour about a new part which sounds pretty amazing. 

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/Arts/article1417371.ece

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 1, 2014 10:19 am  #626

That's awesome!

June 1, 2014 10:53 am  #627

That would be great indeed!

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

June 1, 2014 10:56 am  #628

Sounds well suited to him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 1, 2014 10:56 am  #629

Well, it is still a rumour but it is the Sunday Times after all. So let us hope something will come out of it.

June 1, 2014 11:13 am  #630

Sounds interesting and having been educated in a public school I wonder if any of it would resonate with him - not fighting in a war obviously, but having everyone perceive you as having had a privileged upbringing.  It actually sounds like a good premise for a programme, regardless of who is in it!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'i'm in shock, I've got a blanket'

June 1, 2014 11:48 am  #631

Those of you who have access to BBC iplayer may want to catch up on BBC Breakfast this morning, where the Times article was discussed glowingly!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 1, 2014 12:02 pm  #632

Thanks besley. Just waiting for some time to myself so I can catch up with all these vids., and stuff which have cropped up over the weekend!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

June 1, 2014 1:55 pm  #633

That would be wonderful! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

June 1, 2014 2:54 pm  #634

I should add that the other pieces of news today are that, in Hay last night Ben and Marcus Brigstocke were dancing to Stevie Wonder at an antique bookshop, in the early hours....getting non-verbal how I wish I'd seen that!!

Secondly it emerged that Ed Sheeran had Benedict lined up to star in his music video for "Sing" where, according to Ed, he'd be doing hip-hop dancing! But his US agent said he shouldn't do it. There's a puppet in the video instead

I cannot tell you how much I would have loved to have seen this, it would have been SO funny and in keeping with Bens wonderful sense of humour!

I'm clueing for looks

June 1, 2014 2:56 pm  #635

clare, I kinda hate you right now, but I mean that in the most loving of ways.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 1, 2014 3:06 pm  #636

What I wouldn't give to have seen that!

What could have been the harm in that??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

June 1, 2014 3:13 pm  #637

Aw, yeah, I'm a bit disappointed that he didn't overrule his agent on that one; there's no harm in showing he has a sense of humour, and he surely wouldn't want to be seen to take himself too seriously.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

June 1, 2014 4:10 pm  #638

Yeah, I confess I'm a tad concerned by this.
Though I should point out it was his American agent, in this case.
Am I naive in thinking Benedict has tolal control over his work?
He should do...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 1, 2014 4:20 pm  #639

I'm a little confused, too.
Sounds like he chooses what he wants to do and the agent gives it the final yes or no.
And it seems like the UK and US agents have a different take on things, which can't be helpful.
He knows what he's doing, I'm sure, but sometimes it feels like suddenly there are so many people involved in his work and he's doing less of it!!!
Of course, it could be that Benedict himself had second thoughts for whatever reason....I have to say, also, no offence intended, but I think Ed Sheerhan can be a little indiscreet sometimes; he also told the press that story about him offending Martin Freeman, which made Martin appear a little humourless; I'm sure Ed means no harm to anyone, but he's a little too open sometimes, imo.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

June 1, 2014 4:29 pm  #640

Oh, I missed the Martin Freeman one!

Board footera