BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 12, 2014 6:40 am  #221

Re: Let's talk all things lovely about Ben...

Ooooooooo this is exciting! Bet he's buzzing to watch it all come together. Must be weird to watch yourself tho....

I'm clueing for looks

April 13, 2014 8:21 pm  #222

So, who's watching MTV Movie awards tonight? Ben will not be there I suppose... but if Khan wins he might have made an acceptance video or something? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 13, 2014 8:45 pm  #223

Good spot phantom I forgot about that!!! What time is it on tho? Probably early hours of the morning eh?

I'm clueing for looks

April 13, 2014 8:51 pm  #224

I'm a bit confused about when it's on to be honest... I read somewhere it would be on at 2.30am Danish time, on the screen on MTV it says 3am in English... I will check it out some more! 

I'm staying up no matter what...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 14, 2014 1:40 am  #225

BLEH! Mila Kunis won Best Villain...

Seriously.... KHAN!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

April 16, 2014 12:44 pm  #226

Little snippet of gossip emerging this afternoon - and how true it is I have NO IDEA but "sources" say Benedict has himself a lady...

According to the report on showbizspy, they've been dating for a few months, she's not famous and is a career woman. He is keen to keep the relationship under wraps apparently (shame they couldve paid respect to that request...)

As I say it's not confirmed by anyone and it's typical tabloid showbiz goss but if it's true I'm very happy for him. I hope she makes him truly loved. And she is one lucky lady....

I'm clueing for looks

April 16, 2014 12:51 pm  #227

Very lucky lady indeed if this emerges to be true.

If it is, I wouldn't be able to express my happiness for him enough. Also, I'll be super proud of him for finding someone so worth his time, after all the heartbreaking stuff with Olivia. It's so clear that he'll always be in love with Olivia, and it's truly sad about everything that happened between them.

I'm also glad that he's choosing to keep it private (obviously if the whole thing's true and that's what he's said.) because I know some fans can be quite intrusive, and you can only see it as him looking out for her really, which is really nice of him.

But hey, if he's found someone new, and he's happy, I'm happy too.

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

April 16, 2014 1:50 pm  #228

Echoing the above - I don't know what happened with Olivia, but I do think it seemed to have an effect on him - so if true, I hope she makes him feel the most loved, happiest guy in the world

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

April 16, 2014 1:57 pm  #229

How long lasted his relationship with Olivia? Around 12 years ...
Would be very happy for him if he really has a new girlfriend.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 16, 2014 2:01 pm  #230

Yes - some marriages don't last that long, so being single again would be bound to have taken some adjusting to,
If he has found someone, I hope she's a "keeper", and that in time, he feels able to take her to events - premieres and stuff - I've felt a bit sad for him going solo to all these things!

Last edited by Tinks (April 16, 2014 2:02 pm)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

April 16, 2014 2:03 pm  #231

Imagine he wins an Oscar ... and is alone there ...

Last edited by gently69 (April 16, 2014 2:03 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 16, 2014 2:12 pm  #232

Yeah, that just shouldn't be.....
Although I'd be glad to be there to support him if he wanted, of course! ;)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

April 16, 2014 2:18 pm  #233

(Not sure the veracity of the latest rumour...but I've had my suspicions,even a name and would know exactly why they would want to keep it under wraps. It would also explain why he's in no rush.)
I am always so happy for Benedict to receive any awards, but even nomination is good.
I don't think it really matters if he is alone.
He could have whoever he wants, so I'm assuming his single status is by choice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 16, 2014 10:08 pm  #234

If he has, I am so, so happy for him I could cry! He deserves so much love and joy! I just hope he can keep it private, I completely understand why that would be needed, if the rumour is true.

(Slightly bit jealous, but lets be real...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

April 16, 2014 10:12 pm  #235

(If the rumours are true)I'm not at all jealous, just happy for Benedict and amazed they've managed to keep it secret.

Last edited by besleybean (April 16, 2014 10:12 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 16, 2014 11:58 pm  #236

You know something, when I heard this news about a new girlfriend, my heart just fell into my stomach. It's strange, because I'm a women in my 50s, and of course this is just a crush. It's not like I had a shot at a relationship with him!   But, almost as suddenly as the first emotion passed, I had another emotion.  Excitement. I am so excited for him!  I am almost beside myself thinking he could have finally found his life partner.  And of course, I am just dying to know who his wonderful woman is! 
I guess i am living vicariously (sp?) though Benedict. I really admire him as a person. He is sort of living the life I would have wanted for myself, and I find that I can experience real joy for him.  It's a wonderful feeling. 
And, of course, we all knew this day would come and Benedict would not be alone forever.  I don't want him to be alone forever. 

Last edited by kaye (April 16, 2014 11:59 pm)

April 17, 2014 7:23 am  #237

Considering the rumour is now in the public sphere, it'll be interesting to see how much longer this lucky lady love will be kept secret.
I imagine the paparazzi in Benedict's front garden AS WE SPEAK,fighting to be the one to get the 1st shot of the mystery woman.
So I hope who ever let this slip, knew exactly what they were doing.

Last edited by besleybean (April 17, 2014 7:23 am)

April 17, 2014 7:29 am  #238

I hope he's OK with it being out there - if true, of course.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

April 17, 2014 7:33 am  #239

Yes, paparazzi in his front garden... that (among other things) is exactly why I personally can understand every celeb who decides to say not one word about his private life to anyone who's not family or friends or agency.   
I hope very much for him it's true, but I'd rather not know anything about it if it means that now the tabloids will go crazy and practically hunt him (and her) down.

Last edited by SolarSystem (April 17, 2014 7:33 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 17, 2014 7:42 am  #240

Exactly my point.
So was the announcement deliberate, or has someebody messed up, big time?

Board footera