BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 20, 2014 7:32 pm  #1

New audio book read by Benedict

Just found this on Twitter (apparently the glasses are not a fashion accessory):

Jamie Byng ‏[color=#b1bbc3]@baddabyng[/color]  1hHere's Benedict Cumberbatch recording William Golding's remarkable novel The Spire for us today. An immense pairing. pic.twitter.com/a5KdFHvyeI     

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 20, 2014 7:45 pm  #2

Re: New audio book read by Benedict

You don't like the glasses Susi?
I think they're ok - he doesn't seem to use them that much

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

March 20, 2014 7:47 pm  #3

Aren't they "nerd-style"? That's trendy in Germany though I don't like them as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 20, 2014 7:50 pm  #4

Yes they're quite popular at the moment aren't they ?
Not sure how much he actually needs them - he wasn't wearing them to record cabin pressure or Rumpole - maybe just if he's eyes are tired/ to avoid eye strain,

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

March 20, 2014 7:52 pm  #5

Could be. Maybe it also depends on the light. There it seems a little bit darker.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 20, 2014 7:57 pm  #6

I do like them. I just find a bit silly to wear them just for fun. If he really needs them, I am absolutely okay with them. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 20, 2014 8:51 pm  #7

I like them. But then I wear a dark red pair just the same! Sadly tho mine are a permanent fixture!

So what's The Spire about then?

I'm clueing for looks

March 20, 2014 9:40 pm  #8

It's apparently a dark tale, loosely based on the building of Salisbury Cathedral!
He seems to be doing a lot of voice work these past few weeks!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

March 22, 2014 10:24 am  #9

Board footera