BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 23, 2014 7:13 pm  #21

Re: Benedict in Malaysia

So it´s 14:00 (2pm) in germany I think.....http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Laureus&iso=20140326T21&p1=122
Couldn´t find a stream yet :-(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage"

March 25, 2014 9:04 am  #22

Here is a link to SAT1. They will show parts of the awards ceremony.
http://www.tvinfo.de/fernsehprogramm/226999531_laureus_world_sports_awards_2014

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 26, 2014 10:08 am  #23

Is there a way to watch this online somewhere? Again Denmark is proving a bother...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 27, 2014 5:22 am  #24

Hey guys. So I actually did meet Ben in the end. It was last minute, it was rushed, it was impulsive, but it was 120% worth it. He was so good to all of us who waited for him at the afterparty. We met Daniel Bruhl before Ben came. He was really nice! And incredibly good looking. Anyway, he came by around 11.20pm in a mercedes, while other celebrities came in buses. Once he stepped out, he went straight for us (the giant posters and the crowd of women might have been a giveaway), smiling and greeting, 'hello! Hello! How is everyone?'

We chatted a bit, which was rather overwhelming because I enter a weird disassociated state whenever I meet those devastating eyes. Some things we said

Me: I love Cabin Pressure! You'll always be Captain Martin Crieff to me.
Him: Aww, you know we just finished recording the last episode, Zurich. *gives knowing regretful look*

Later when he comes back to sign my drawing
He looked straight up at me. 'Did you draw this?' He sounded so amazed I was just stunned speechless. LOL. Thankfully my friend chipped in 'yes she did.'
So this is where I entered the disassociative state I seriously cannot remembrt what happened, But he signed it. I'll upload the picture when I find a computer.

Lastly,
Me: hey Ben, have you had any durian?
Ben stopped signing and looked up in the most confused look I've ever seen.
He: what's that?
Me: its a local fruit, etc etc. You're the adventurous type, you should try it!
Him: how does it look like?
Here all of us launched into various description of the fruit. He smiled, amused.
Him: I should get my hands on one.

In total he spent about five minutes with us. It was a really small group, not more than 10 of us, so we got
to spend more time with him rather than him having to move down the line. There were fans from Thailand and China too. 

The waiting was the most excruciating part. But when he arrived despite all the mayhem around me I was surprisingly calm. All I wanted was to hear his voice and see him up close, and boy did he not disappoint! He looked AMAZING in that suit, his hair was perfect, his smile so incredibly gentle. His voice was so friendly and he sounded like all he wanted was to put us at ease. Above all I was struck by how amazingly friendly and down to earth he was. He took time to sign everyone's stuff, posed for selfies. Pointybatch was back in action, too! I thought I couldn't love him anymore than I did, boy was i so wrong...

So that was my brief account of what happened. Still cant believe it was all real.

March 27, 2014 6:17 am  #25

OH MY GOD!!!!!

I am SO ecstatic for you, you lucky lucky thing! And you had like a proper convo with him, wasn't he lovely??

There's a three-min video of him greeting fans on YT, have you seen it? Are you in it?

Please post pictures soon, here and on the picture thread - I'll bet people haven't thought to look on here!

Im absolutely buzzing now, this has mad my day! HUGE celebration hugs for you Polar xxxxxxxx

I'm clueing for looks

March 27, 2014 6:19 am  #26

Oh, and I wanna see a pic of your drawing too!! Xx

I'm clueing for looks

March 27, 2014 6:27 am  #27

Oh, Polar, that's excellent news
So pleased for you, and how lovely that he was so wonderful

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

March 27, 2014 6:38 am  #28

Squeeeeeeee!!!!

Sorry, that´s all I´m capable of in the moment..^^ I´ll have to process that..

I´m sooooo happy for you, Polar.....

March 27, 2014 6:45 am  #29

This has made me super happy! CONGRATS POLAR!!!

This has definitely brightened up my morning, Awh, I'm so happy for you!!!! Xxx

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

March 27, 2014 7:11 am  #30

Oh Polar, how can you be sooo calm about this???
You lucky lucky thing!!!
CONGRATS!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

March 27, 2014 7:38 am  #31

Oh, Polar, I am so happy for you (and a tiny bit envious). What a wonderful experience! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 27, 2014 7:44 am  #32

That sound fantastic, Polar. I am so happy for you. You got the chance and you were able to take it. Brilliant.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 27, 2014 8:07 am  #33

Oh Polar, how cool is that?

Sometimes I wish Ben would behave worse, that would help to not beeing forced to adore him so much... It is sooooo cool, that he is such a nice person, but again it doesn't help at all, if you know what I mean .

I recorded the SAT.1 broadcast, need to watch it though.
But I saw some pieces on youtube about photobombing himself, this was SOOOO adorable!!

Last edited by zeratul (March 27, 2014 8:08 am)

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

March 27, 2014 8:14 am  #34

Unfortunately the Sat 1 thing was crap. A lot of talking, commercial breaks and maybe 3 short moments with Benedict also disturbed by a German commentator. Wish that would have been recorded a little bit like the Oscars. But it just was ...

Last edited by gently69 (March 27, 2014 8:15 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

March 27, 2014 8:22 am  #35

Oh, that´s bad . I´m glad I didn´t stay up for this..

March 27, 2014 8:22 am  #36

Oh Polar, amazing, amazing, fantastic, wonderful....! This is so great, I am so happy for you! Talking to him, having your drawing signed... I'm sitting here with a broad smile on my face! What an amazing experience! Well done you!

And yes, this does happen: "But when he arrived despite all the mayhem around me I was surprisingly calm."
I know exactly what you mean, but surprisingly it seems that his sheer presence has sort of a soothing effect.
Did you also get a pic with him pointing at you?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 27, 2014 8:29 am  #37

gently69 wrote:

Unfortunately the Sat 1 thing was crap. A lot of talking, commercial breaks and maybe 3 short moments with Benedict also disturbed by a German commentator. Wish that would have been recorded a little bit like the Oscars. But it just was ...

mäh

is there any chance to watch it on any website of a channel or sth?

SolarSystem wrote:

Did you also get a pic with him pointing at you? 

Why does he do this btw? Is there any joke I'm not getting? ^^

Last edited by zeratul (March 27, 2014 8:30 am)

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

March 27, 2014 8:36 am  #38

I'm the one in blue lol.

My friend couldn't hold her camera steady she was shaking so badly! Better than nothing I guess. We had to call him back for this picture and he so sweetly obliged.

Thank you so much for the lovely words my dears! I was thinking about mentioning the Cumbersocks Collective but I thought you might wanna surprise him instead.  Rewatching videos of him greeting us I'm surprised that it was only a brief 1:15 minutes! It felt like time stopped, I think...just rewatching the video makes me tremble!

There was this poor girl from Thailand who didn't have her poster signed because Ben thought "yikes that's a horrible picture!" We had to console her after that...

March 27, 2014 8:43 am  #39

Oh Polar.... now I'm smiling even more! That is sooooooo wonderful! And look at your smile...!
This is ever so sweet, I'm sure you'll never forget this!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 27, 2014 8:45 am  #40

Polar ... BRILLIANT ... just BRILLIANT!!!

(Tony Hadley)

Board footera