BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 21, 2014 6:59 pm  #41

Re: New Banner Design: Voting Time!

Yep, really nice footer! I like Sherlock in his magnifier. And I like that you can see all the cast. 

March 22, 2014 9:37 am  #42

I like banner 5 best

♥ I AM SHERLOCKED ♥
                                                              and I ship Johnlock harder than Mrs. Hudson ;-)

March 22, 2014 10:19 am  #43

I also prefer the version with the wedding photo above. And the footer looks really good. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 27, 2014 2:07 pm  #44

I've implimented the new footer!

I think it could probably manage to be a bit bigger? What d'you guys think?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 27, 2014 2:09 pm  #45

Yay! Looks good to me. Do you mean bigger as in both height and width, or bigger as in just wider but same height?

Last edited by TeeJay (March 27, 2014 2:10 pm)

March 27, 2014 2:14 pm  #46

The new footer looks beautiful!! Good job!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 27, 2014 2:25 pm  #47

I like the new footer. Thank you for all the work! It could be a bit bigger though.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

March 27, 2014 2:27 pm  #48

Totally missed this voting, but I like the new footer

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

March 27, 2014 7:33 pm  #49

Nice!   Love it as footer… thanks again for a great one!  And looks fine… although if debating, sure, height looks great for a footer, but maybe go wider, to spread out a bit, but just if you want to.  But not have the picture be 'stretched' out?  (rather, 'stretch' it from the middle with 'blank' space in between of that reddish black color)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 27, 2014 9:09 pm  #50

Yeah, it would be nice if it filled more of the bottom of the screen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 27, 2014 9:10 pm  #51

Looks fab!
Size-wise, it seems fine to me, but would look equally good a tad bigger.

March 27, 2014 9:32 pm  #52

Russell wrote:

Nice! Love it as footer… thanks again for a great one! And looks fine… although if debating, sure, height looks great for a footer, but maybe go wider, to spread out a bit, but just if you want to. But not have the picture be 'stretched' out? (rather, 'stretch' it from the middle with 'blank' space in between of that reddish black color)

Oh, but I wouldn't stretch the photo out if I made the banner wider. There's ways of doing that without compromising the ratio of the actual images.

March 27, 2014 10:56 pm  #53

The footer looks great!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 28, 2014 4:14 am  #54

TeeJay wrote:

Russell wrote:

Nice! Love it as footer… thanks again for a great one! And looks fine… although if debating, sure, height looks great for a footer, but maybe go wider, to spread out a bit, but just if you want to. But not have the picture be 'stretched' out? (rather, 'stretch' it from the middle with 'blank' space in between of that reddish black color)

Oh, but I wouldn't stretch the photo out if I made the banner wider. There's ways of doing that without compromising the ratio of the actual images.

Oh, of course!  I'm familiar… loved playing with images, just not nearly as good at it.    And figured you'd know exactly… was just clarifying words.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 28, 2014 8:19 pm  #55

New banner is up!! Hope everyone likes it. I think it looks great!

March 28, 2014 8:32 pm  #56

I like it!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 28, 2014 8:34 pm  #57

It looks FAB!
I love how the wallpaper of the banner kinda merges with the wallpaper of the whole page...if ya know what I mean.

March 28, 2014 8:45 pm  #58

Wow! Both the footer and the banner look fantastic! 

-------------------------------------------------------

March 28, 2014 8:57 pm  #59

This looks really good. Thank you, TeeJay. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 28, 2014 9:01 pm  #60

Yeah, I like how it displays on the forum too. Sweet!

Though I have this strange reloading issue, is that just me? It's like the banner reloads every time I click to a new page. Might have to do with the fact that it's hosted on Tinypic.com. Maybe Sherlock could try this link: http://www.virtual-dreams.org/stuff/BBCSherlockForumBanner.jpg

Board footera