BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 18, 2014 11:34 pm  #21

Re: New Banner Design: Voting Time!

I was thinking of having the faces one at the bottom, as a footer.

You guys don't like the wedding?? You mean, you don't like that entire episode or you just don't like the fact that John and Mary got married?

I don't think we can exclude her; she really is a main character now. The only reason Moriarty is a ghost is BECAUSE HE IS DEAD.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 19, 2014 12:15 am  #22

Agree. Mary is, and has always been, part of the story. Can't exclude her any more than Molly or Mrs Hudson!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

March 19, 2014 8:14 am  #23

I would love to have the faces in the footer just the way they have been designed. Moriarty as a ghost is a good idea. 
As for the wedding pic - for me it just is not representative of what the series is about. I love the episode. I would have preferred e.g. the pic of the three of them in front of the chapel but it might get too small. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 19, 2014 8:22 am  #24

SusiGo wrote:

I would have preferred e.g. the pic of the three of them in front of the chapel but it might get too small. 

That's what I meant with "the other wedding pic", but maybe I should have been more clear.
But in the end I don't really care all that much. I don't like Mary, I admit it, but whether or not she's in the banner... oh well... 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 19, 2014 8:41 am  #25

I could try to do something with the John/Mary/Sherlock wedding picture, but I don't think that'll work very well, because the picture frame is portrait format, and that picture, I think, is landscape format. In order to have all three faces in the frame, they'd get very small.

And just so we're on the same page, is it this one you mean? http://www.radiotimes.com/namedimage/Sherlock_season_3__New_photos_from_John_and_Mary_s_wedding_album.jpg?quality=85&mode=crop&width=620&height=374&404=tv&url=/uploads/images/original/44203.jpg

I'm not strongly attached to the John/Mary picture, I can use something else, preferably something in portrait format that's fairly close-up on the faces. Suggestions?

Last edited by TeeJay (March 19, 2014 11:35 am)

March 19, 2014 11:17 am  #26

Yes, that one would be a good choice. But as I said, no idea if it works in a small size. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 19, 2014 6:48 pm  #27

Those are wonderful!   And agree about everyone's comments on 9… the variety, composition, inclusion of different things… I just couldn't help loving the 'big shot' of everyone, so voted for that instead.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 19, 2014 7:24 pm  #28

Here's another version with the "other" wedding pic, plus a new frame because there was room for another one when I exchanged the wedding pic: http://i59.tinypic.com/1622ufk.jpg

The faces are a bit tiny, aren't they? Other suggestions always welcome.

Last edited by TeeJay (March 19, 2014 7:24 pm)

March 19, 2014 7:27 pm  #29

I like that. And I can live with the size of the wedding photo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 19, 2014 7:31 pm  #30

Actually, I might exchange that new lower frame again (just the picture frame). The lighting is weird. Are people okay with the Vertue/Moffat/Gatiss pic? Or would you rather see another behind the scenes or cast pic?

March 19, 2014 7:33 pm  #31

What a great idea adding that pic with Moftiss and Sue Vertue!
The faces aren't big but recognisable. And won't the whole banner be a bit bigger when fixed on top of the forum?
This time we can also use the full width....

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

March 19, 2014 7:37 pm  #32

Mattlocked wrote:

And won't the whole banner be a bit bigger when fixed on top of the forum? This time we can also use the full width....

It depends on how big your screen resolution is. I have a 24" screen here, so the banner in the post displays at 100% its size for me because my browser window is wide enough. But if you use a smaller screen, the forum might be resizing the image when you look at it within my post.

To answer your question: Yes, when added as the forum header, it will be 100% image size (which is approx. 1,020 x 235 pixels).

Last edited by TeeJay (March 19, 2014 7:38 pm)

March 19, 2014 11:20 pm  #33

Yeah, I think it will look bigger when it's on the screen, and I really like the Moffat/Gatiss/Vertue pic, it's so cute. I love those guys.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 20, 2014 1:01 am  #34

I like everything.  My only thought yesterday was that I didn't care for the wedding picture with John and Mary - but with all three in it now, I'm fine with it.  And I like the Moftiss picture and I especially like that we still have the picture of the great London Meet-Up of 2013.  Run with it!

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

March 20, 2014 1:49 am  #35

I like the Moftiss/Vertue photo and the wedding photo (with or without Sherlock).  But I wonder--might it be possible to put the wedding photo under the Moftiss/Vertue photo?  The way it is now, it looks a little unbalanced--like it's top-heavy--and like there's too much empty space on the bottom of the banner in that area.  I'd like to see what it looks like if those two pics are flipped.  But if I'm the only one thinking that way and it's a bother to change it--Never mind!    It's all good!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

March 20, 2014 5:38 am  #36

Very cute!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 20, 2014 8:20 am  #37

I Like!! 
The pictures are great, the frames make for a cosy livingroom atmosphere, the silhouette and the board meeting are still there, my favourite scene is included, Sherlock gives puppy eyes..^^ .. what´s not to love? 

March 21, 2014 6:14 pm  #38

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

I like the Moftiss/Vertue photo and the wedding photo (with or without Sherlock).  But I wonder--might it be possible to put the wedding photo under the Moftiss/Vertue photo?

Yes, sure it's possible. Let's compare both versions:

I'll be working on the forum footer with the cast photo next.

March 21, 2014 6:36 pm  #39

Yes, definitely works better with the wedding photo above.
Fab banner, Teejay! The photo frames seem to pop out from that wallpaper.

March 21, 2014 6:48 pm  #40

Thanks! Here's a first idea for a new footer.

Last edited by TeeJay (March 21, 2014 6:50 pm)

Board footera