BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 17, 2014 2:50 pm  #101

Re: Tomorrow - big news!!!

SusiGo wrote:

Nothing definite yet. 

As usual. And I don't know if I want it or not ...

Last edited by gently69 (March 17, 2014 2:51 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 17, 2014 2:53 pm  #102

I am quite sure that I do not really want it. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 17, 2014 2:53 pm  #103

If it's true it worries me a bit....it could be the first bad move on his CV, because I really can't see this being a good film, even if it's shot as a comedy.
Maybe he's aiming to finance the production of something else, as you said Clare.
I know Clooney says he's happy to sell Coffee in order to get to put his projects into production.
Maybe that's what Ben is doing, but I'm worried about this one, I have to say!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

March 17, 2014 2:54 pm  #104

Right nothing official get. But the text says this on Elstree website...

"The current slate includes the origin superhero franchise IGNITION; a feature length version of the 1970's classic BANANAMAN (live and in 3D);"
The caps and colons suggest that ignition and Bananaman are two separate films. Let's us all hope he's in the first and not the second!!

I'm clueing for looks

March 17, 2014 2:57 pm  #105

I'm itching for some official confirmation... The thought of this just doesn't compute. I can't see it... I can't imagine it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 17, 2014 2:57 pm  #106

Arggghhhh I must wrench myself away from this thread and get some work done!
I really think we're all getting a tad over paranoid! I'm sure Ben won't end up as Bananaman!

March 17, 2014 3:13 pm  #107

I wish I could be so sure!
Still, the announcement is a long time coming: maybe the guy got his info wrong?
*crosses fingers* or maybe the Bananaman clues are red herrings.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

March 17, 2014 3:13 pm  #108

I have to admit, I'd love to see him in something different, something completely different, something which has nothing to do with super heroes whatsoever.
But: Have you read the wiki article on "Bananaman"? I just read it, and things like "combining comic slapstick with a heavy dose of eccentric British humour" actually make me think that this could be really fun if you have a brilliant script and do it properly.

Still... Benedict, please... a romantic comedy screwball-style... Shakespeare... a political thriller in the tradition of "Three Days of the Condor" or "All the President's Men".... please, do it for me!

Last edited by SolarSystem (March 17, 2014 3:15 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 17, 2014 3:14 pm  #109

I'm sure he won't....maybe? Oh crap I dunno!!

I'm channelling all my prayers into the Igntion film.

I'm clueing for looks

March 17, 2014 3:18 pm  #110

I don't mean this to sound snobby but I think he's better than Bananaman - there had to have been better comedies out there, and I can't believe this is the only opportunity open to him.
Also, isn't Elstree in the UK? If so I don't see how he's been doing casting for that when he seems to have been in the States for months?
Gah! I don't know!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

March 17, 2014 3:49 pm  #111

Right I've done a little digging around on the internet, just googled ignition and Elstree and what do I find on a company listings website that a man called Scott Holmes is the director of a film called Ignition.

Coincidence? Or am I going utterly mental?!?

This silence from this Nigel guy is doing my head in!!!

I'm clueing for looks

March 17, 2014 3:51 pm  #112

Might be a coincidence... but the universe is rarely so lazy. Right?

I need something official ASAP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 17, 2014 4:01 pm  #113

I'm now wondering if he's involved at all. I rarely venture onto Twitter but I think his tweets on this might be a little mischievous: for one thing I don't see how he'd be let into casting secrets if the producer isn't ready to reveal yet.
Then,as I said earlier, I really feel Ben's work is keeping him in the States at the moment and this seems to be a UK production.
Also - I think there'd be a much bigger buzz around BC and TH supposedly linking up for a new film together (or even BC signing up for something), than one solitary sound guy.
I do suspect he may be teasing, and gaining followers, but we'll see.

Last edited by Tinks (March 17, 2014 4:05 pm)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

March 17, 2014 4:08 pm  #114

I will admit I'm starting to feel the same Tinks.....

Apologies if repeating what he's said on here makes me the same as him....

I'm clueing for looks

March 17, 2014 4:10 pm  #115

No, clare!
We are sooo desprate. No one is to blame.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 17, 2014 4:14 pm  #116

Of course not Clare
We were all super excited, as I'm sure the guy knows people will be... I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been anxiously waiting for the announcement all day and I bet he's gained a few followers!
If he is using Ben's name to drum up interest though, I should think there's a lot of flak coming his way!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

March 17, 2014 4:15 pm  #117

Cumberbatchweb already warned him. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 17, 2014 4:22 pm  #118

Yeah I saw that Susi...he's still assuring us something is coming though. He had a chance to back of and he hasn't.....

As soon as I see anything I'll be on here! X

I'm clueing for looks

March 17, 2014 4:52 pm  #119

It has to be Bananaman, cause didn't the Twitter guy mention something about Eric? This is from IMDb:

Stupid, but well-meaning and super-strong super-hero, Bananaman gets his strength from eating bananas. Before he eats a banana, Bananaman is a young boy called Eric who is keen to keep his alter-ego a secret.

March 17, 2014 5:12 pm  #120

Tinks wrote:

Then,as I said earlier, I really feel Ben's work is keeping him in the States at the moment and this seems to be a UK production.

When it comes to that, we don't know when the casting has been going on - and we know that Benedict has done some castings via smartphone before, so I guess it would be possible for him to do a casting which takes place in the UK from the States (or any other place in the world).

But apart from that, yeah, this is already getting on my nerves. Why can't his management just announce that he'll be doing "Hamlet" this year after all and we can all be happy?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

Board footera