BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 14, 2014 10:49 pm  #21

Re: A challenge....open the doors to your mind palace :)

Oh and now you've all gone away *sulks*
I can't get past me going bright red and running away if he was anywhere near me anyway! though it'd be nice to be brave enough to sip champagne with him whilst watching a sunset somewhere beautiful
And besley, I don't think that's weird - I so want him to be happy that I'd love  to hear that he was settling down with someone, and sometimes my Sherlock hat goes on and I imagine that I've seen signs that he is.
I wouldn't even be jealous, honest; well maybe a tiny bit ;)
Meantime I'll dream about those kissable lips :D

Last edited by Tinks (March 14, 2014 10:51 pm)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

March 14, 2014 10:53 pm  #22

They certainly are very kissable!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 15, 2014 3:27 pm  #23

I have a few different ones too, but after writing to him he sends me tickets to see him in Hamlet with a tour backstage thrown in.  We meet, we chat, discover how much we have in common and hours later realise I've missed the last train home.  Being the gentleman he is he arranges for his car to take me home but having taken my number sends me messages the next day to make sure I got home ok.

Obviously a friendship and relationship develop and soon I become Mrs Cumberbatch!!

Well a girl can dream!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'i'm in shock, I've got a blanket'

March 15, 2014 3:42 pm  #24

I need a bit of dreaming...

So; I'll be working for the Irish delegation during the Eurovision and somehow he will know one of the singers; maybe they will even be friends so he'll be tagging along. I will be following them in a cab transporting them to a club. Fighting to stay professional. 

As we get out of the cab and I have paid off the cabby I will give them my hand and wish them a good night. But he will hold onto my hand.
"Wait" he'll say and smile "Now you're off duty come have a drink with us". I will nod, fighting to keep my cool.
"Just one" I will wink at him. In the club his hand will innocently find mine; I will asume it's a mistake and move mine away. See him bite his lip. and give him a reassuring smile. 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (March 15, 2014 3:42 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 15, 2014 4:36 pm  #25

So this is my mind palace. Couldn't share it with anyone so far but you ladies. I got it when I read this marvelous interview on times online when that lucky journalist visited him at his parents house. This is me obviously, and I always lived this point where his mom goes:" can you find him a bird?" and we look into each others eyes and just know it!

Clare, can we learn more about this novel?

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

March 15, 2014 5:56 pm  #26

Ah fabulous!! I'm loving this thread! Is fun to share our little fairytales lol!

Oh thanks for asking. I was at school doing a history project on the Battle of Waterloo (massive Sharpe fan!) and my school librarian said she knew the author, Bernard Cornwell. So she have me his email so I could ask him for a list of books to use. We exchanged a couple of emails and in the last one he asked me for a little bit about myself for future books (no guarantees, he said). So I sent off and forgot about it.

I was at university when the librarian rang me and said "get to waterstones, you're in chapter four!). Sure enough there i was. I'm in sharpe's fortress, I'm a maid, Clare Wall (nicknamed Brick). And yes, sharpe has his way with me ;)

She got a copy signed for me too, it says: "to Clare, who is in this book, best wishes, Bernard Cornwell".

My claim to fame!! And I think benedict would love it!!!

I'm clueing for looks

March 15, 2014 6:02 pm  #27

That is so awesome, Clare! I'd love to read that one day! That must be an awesome honour!

I'm sort of in a book too, but I don't really think they've sold many copies, if any sadly... so no where near as cool as that!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 15, 2014 6:59 pm  #28

Aww thanks hun!

It was the best feeling to get to the book shop and find my own name!!

I am actually seriously thinking about giving him the book and whiskey - he'll be at Sherlocked, right? - and who knows what'll happen!

I'm highly sceptical that he'll consider the Sharpe series any good, may well not be up his street. But you never know ;)

I'm clueing for looks

March 15, 2014 7:04 pm  #29

You should do that; that would be brilliant! I am sure he'll like the thought behind it as well!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 15, 2014 7:06 pm  #30

Well it's certainly a conversation starter lol! I can imagine the glint in his eye when I tell him sharpe takes me "into the shadows" ;)

I'm clueing for looks

March 15, 2014 7:34 pm  #31

I tend to daydream about Sherlock, not Ben. A sort of extended fanfic in my head that I continuously elaborate on. Rarely smutty, to be honest, more character/conversation driven. That's the writer in me, I guess. Always creating scenes/plot lines.

But hey - I'm not gonna elaborate on it here!

March 15, 2014 7:45 pm  #32

Ah yes well we all have some things we need to keep secret ;)

I'm clueing for looks

March 15, 2014 11:13 pm  #33

I'm going to shamelessly go again before I need to go to bed... big day tomorrow!

(Benedict still isn't a household name here in DK)
I will be passing by a high end Copenhagen club when I hear a door man give someone grief in broken English. Curiosity kills the cat and I see it is Benedict being verbally abused by some brute. I carefully walk over using my feminine assets to smile at the doorman. 
I hear Ben trying to explain he was invited and that he is a British Actor.
"OMG!" I shriek at him "You're Benedict Cumberbatch!" I wink at him trying to warn him that I'm trying to help him. "Can I have your autograph? I LOVED you in Sherlock and Star Trek, you're brilliant" I will say with wide eyes.
Ben will chuckle.  Become a little flustered and I will try to mouth to him 'sorry' while he jots down an autograph in my notebook. 
"Thank you, What's your name?" he would smile at me as the doorman is finally getting it. I tell him my name and walk away. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 16, 2014 8:00 am  #34

That's a good one Clare - I can totally see him being at something like the I.O.W festival
I've been wondering if he was at the Austin one this week, actually.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

March 16, 2014 8:11 am  #35

Oh, this is fun ^^! I like your scenarios..

I meet him on my holidays where I go to a small beach party with some people I got to know there.. and Ben turns up too, turns out they are some of his friends lol. We all have a good time and chat and laugh a lot and I do a good job keeping my calm and don´t start fangirling ..but I can´t help looking from time to time and he catches my eyes and smiles his adorable Ben-smile. Later when the party gets smaller we end up sitting next to each other, getting along so well that we forget everything around us..we take a walk on the beach alone.. he looks at me like Sherlock looks at Moriarty in the fangirl-rooftop-scenario.. and the curtain drops with Hollywood-Romance background music ^^.

But the Sherlock-section of my mind palace is much bigger.. and will stay closed for public .

March 16, 2014 8:27 am  #36

It dawned on me after, maybe to add a couple more comments on what I'd mentioned with my 'fan fic' type scenatios I fantasise about.
Well I wrote my one and only fic after series one and so I felt it was completely negated with the following 2 series.
It's a personal shame, because I carry with me these characters I developed and love...

Last edited by besleybean (March 16, 2014 8:27 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 16, 2014 8:42 am  #37

Tinks wrote:

That's a good one Clare - I can totally see him being at something like the I.O.W festival

Well that's what I thought!! I think he may have been at the 2008 festival. And I was there too. But then again you try finding a famous face in 80,000. Not easy lol!

Backstage is easier, I've met some really lovely people (and some complete arseholes!)

I'm clueing for looks

March 16, 2014 9:20 am  #38

I can really see that one happening, Clare. Aw! 

So, my friend and I made a silly pact a while ago... who ever gets to marry 'their man' first has to help the other one get hers. 

I will be meeting him at a planned event; maybe a convention. I finally get my turn and I smile at him.
"You have to marry me" I will blurt out. he will be taken aback. "Sorry, I didn't mean to be so blunt... but I have a deal with my friend you see; if I got to marry you I will have to help her get to Matt Smith. She loves him a lot. and I fear she can be very persuasive..." I try to explain. Expecting to be dragged off any second. "For Matts sake, she can... uh when I first met her I thought she might eat me...". Ben will sit there, open mouth.
"Anyway... Thanks for the autograph, and sorry..." I will be ashamed of myself and walk off.
"Wait, do you have a ring on you?" I hear him say and turn around. "Let's give her something to show Matt, shall we?" he says. I will take my Shamrock ring off and hand to him. He gets on his knees and 'proposes' to me and I get the picture signed. "See you at the wedding" he whispers at me. and I leave. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 16, 2014 9:41 am  #39

clareiow wrote:

Tinks wrote:

Well that's what I thought!! I think he may have been at the 2008 festival. And I was there too. But then again you try finding a famous face in 80,000. Not easy lol!

Backstage is easier, I've met some really lovely people (and some complete arseholes!)

How frustrating to be so near him and yet so far!!!
And now I'm intrigued by who the arseholes were!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

March 16, 2014 9:42 am  #40

That's a seriously fun one!

Dunno why but most of mine are "could happen" moments...

I have another minor one where I'm with my sister in London and we literally walk into one another in soho, he spills his coffee over me. He's apologetic, I'm initially angry until I look up and see it's him. And he offers to buy me a new top to replace my ruined one and I say "don't worry about that, but what say you take me for a drink instead?". And he looks at me with smiling eyes and says "ok".

I know I said the festival one was my last one, but in truth I have several more tales in my head!! My imagination is WAY too strong!'

I'm clueing for looks

Board footera