BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 7, 2012 8:25 pm  #161

Re: Post Your Absence

I'm very sorry to hear this, Tobe. My thoughts are with you.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 7, 2012 8:37 pm  #162

That's terrible, tobe, I'm so, so sorry. Of course we'll all be here when you come back; I for one will never leave!
Lots of love to you and your family...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

August 7, 2012 8:41 pm  #163

I'm sorry for your loss tobe,  my  thoughts and prayers are with you.  we'll be here for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 7, 2012 8:45 pm  #164

Thank you, Susi, Molly and Kitty.
It was quite surreal when I got that phone call from my sister - imagine my "Stayin' alive" ringtone...
But as my father believed in eternal life, finally "stayin' alive" wasn't that inappropriate I think.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 7, 2012 9:44 pm  #165

Oh, my God, tobe... I'm so sorry for your loss. All my love and strength for you in this hard moments. It doesn't matter how old he was, he just was your dad, so I can't imagine what you must be feeling right now.
A huge hug from Spain.

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

August 8, 2012 6:30 am  #166

Mein aufrichtiges Beileid, tobe. Really sorry to hear. Take the time to spend it with your family.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"There is no such word as 'impossible' in my dictionary. In fact, everything between 'herring' and 'marmalade' seems to be missing." Dirk Gently

Finally, I have made it to Cipher Expert :-))))) (8.8.2012)

August 8, 2012 6:41 am  #167

Oh Tobe! Such sad news. Take time and remember all the great times and wonderful things about your dad.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 8, 2012 7:58 am  #168

Dear Ani, I am so sorry for your loss. No matter what your age, losing a parent is such a hard think to deal with. My dear old Dad died seven years ago at the age of 80 (actually, the day before his 81st birthday) and I still miss him and think of him every day. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.
Helen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

August 9, 2012 3:25 pm  #169

I'm back!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

August 9, 2012 7:15 pm  #170

Tobe - I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you have many fond memories to share with your family.

August 9, 2012 7:16 pm  #171

Welcome back, Smoggy.

August 10, 2012 10:53 am  #172

I'm off to Birmingham in The Midlands (not Alabama) for a long weekend with a whole bunch of other couples on a canal barge. We have got all the necessary supplies- well food and booze anyway. See you all (virtually speaking) when I get back sometime on Monday. Be good while I'm away please.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 10, 2012 11:33 am  #173

Davina wrote:

I'm off to Birmingham in The Midlands (not Alabama) for a long weekend with a whole bunch of other couples on a canal barge. We have got all the necessary supplies- well food and booze anyway. See you all (virtually speaking) when I get back sometime on Monday. Be good while I'm away please.

Have a good time, Davina, and enjoy

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

August 10, 2012 12:37 pm  #174

I'm off to the sunny south of France! I'll be back on the 19th, I don't think I'll ever catch up with all the posts made between now and then!
Happy Holidays, Everyone! 
I'll miss you!   

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

August 10, 2012 3:29 pm  #175

Have a great holiday, Molly! And keep watch for men in black swimming trunks 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 10, 2012 6:57 pm  #176

Molly Hooper wrote:

I'm off to the sunny south of France! I'll be back on the 19th, I don't think I'll ever catch up with all the posts made between now and then!
Happy Holidays, Everyone! 
I'll miss you!   

Enjoy sunny France, my dear Molly!! 

August 10, 2012 10:40 pm  #177

enjoy your trips,  Molly and Davina!!  Welcome back  smoggy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 11, 2012 12:23 am  #178

Molly and Davina -- enjoy your trips. See you when you get back.

Davina, "Be good while I'm away"? Seriously?

August 11, 2012 3:51 am  #179

My condolences to you and your family, tobe.

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?
Because you're an idiot."

"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants."

Gwyn eich byd a dymanuf i chwi lawenydd bob amser.

August 11, 2012 3:53 am  #180

Molly and Davina, enjoy your trips! 

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?
Because you're an idiot."

"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants."

Gwyn eich byd a dymanuf i chwi lawenydd bob amser.

Board footera