BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 21, 2016 1:41 pm  #1741

Re: Post Your Absence

I hope you enjoy that, besley. I'm sure there will be lovely scenery.

I am back, needless to say.

Clueing for looks.

July 22, 2016 2:57 pm  #1742

Horrendous journey.
But we are here now, thankfully.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 22, 2016 9:49 pm  #1743

Munich, you said?
Are you all right?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 23, 2016 4:04 am  #1744

besleybean wrote:

Horrendous journey.
But we are here now, thankfully.

Erf... sorry to hear.  Bad transport?  Delays?  Pain in the butt flight delays, too!  Early to the airport and happily ready to go, on my way out West, after the previous people un-boarded, they kept delaying our boarding more and more with apologies for plane trouble.  Finally, they outright said that they were sorry for the delays, but an animal (a service one maybe?) had pooped and the smell was still so bad after trying to clean it, that they were trying to cut that part of the carpet up.                Dang finally moved us to the next gate and onto another plane Three.  Hours.  Later.   
Never have ever freaking heard of that.... ha.  But so lucky to have all the family out there to enjoy and did tons of stuff and exhibits and games and beach and bemused spotting nearly ten yellow cars just in that week, plus a very tiring red-eye flight home, arriving early morning, and greeted by several more yellow cars on the way back, as though saying 'welcome back! have another yellow car!'   ;D

But anyway.  Obviously, I'm back.  Did you miss me?  Did you miss me?  Did you miss me?   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

July 24, 2016 6:40 pm  #1745

Some of this should be on the obsessed thread, but as it's of a personal nature, I am putting it here.
Incidentally, I want you all to know you are very privileged: I would never say some of these things in this way to anybody else, it's only cos I know Sherlockians will understand.
1. I am still away. But I am in Bologna now and my post relates to my son's wedding in Sud Tirol.
2. I avoided the Munich shootings, though am worried people I met were caught up in it. We did have a jumper terminate(their life) and our train.
3. My son's wedding: don't worry I am not going to give you a blow-by-blow account, just relate the bit that's Sherlockian.
The official ceremony by the mayor at the town hall, got a bit emotional. I expected the bride, her Mum and grandmother to sob(which they all did) and then my son croaked with raw emotion a bit, which was understandable. But then I was distracted by a noise at my elbow. I turned to see David(the best man), sobbing his heart out and that was what got me going!
At the reception, we heard 4 beautiful speeches, but David got me sobbing again. This is what he said about my son: 
(he first of all spoke to my daughter-in-law): I never thought Tom would find anybody worthy of him, but he has in you.
Then he turned to Tom and said: I love you man and I have never found anyone in the world better than you.

I mean I can't get my head around how wonderful David is and what a fabulous thing to say about another human being.  
My son is very lucky.
Oh the bromance...THIS is what it looks like.

Last edited by besleybean (July 24, 2016 6:41 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 24, 2016 7:16 pm  #1746

I'm so glad you weren't caught up in the shootings.  Aww, no.3 - how lovely, Besleybean!  And I definitely see the Sherlock connection.

July 24, 2016 7:56 pm  #1747

It was one of those moments where as a Sherlockian you are bursting inside, but just cannot say anything to anyone!

July 24, 2016 10:54 pm  #1748

I'm so glad you weren't caught up in the shootings! #relieved
And happy to read your son's wedding was beautiful - indeed a very Sherlockian moment on no.3!

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 26, 2016 6:50 am  #1749

Just to say I'm off again, today.
This time down to Scarborough for my mother's 80th birthday.
Back on Saturday and I probably won't have wifi the whole time I'm away..though I might try, on the train.

July 28, 2016 10:14 am  #1750

I shall be on holiday from Saturday to August 14. I will pop in as often as wifi allows. Behave (but dear tonnaree will make sure of that). 

Last edited by SusiGo (July 28, 2016 10:33 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 28, 2016 10:21 am  #1751

Enjoy your time and take care.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 28, 2016 10:33 am  #1752

Thank you. I will. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 28, 2016 10:53 am  #1753

Have a good time! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 28, 2016 6:25 pm  #1754

Enjoy!

July 28, 2016 6:46 pm  #1755

Thank you, ladies! 

July 28, 2016 6:46 pm  #1756

Enjoy your holiday.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 28, 2016 8:28 pm  #1757

Have a lovely holiday, dear.
I'll be off for the next two weeks as well. Wi-Fi won't be too much around.
See you on the other side

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

July 28, 2016 9:31 pm  #1758

Thanks and have a lovely holiday. 

July 29, 2016 8:04 am  #1759

I'm having a lovely holiday thank you, hope you are too, Susi.
I went into the EE shop in Scarborough and got my wifi sorted, yippee!

July 29, 2016 8:25 am  #1760

Have a good time, mrshouse!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera