BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 9, 2016 6:40 pm  #1721

Re: Post Your Absence

Eeeeevening everyone!
I'm so glad to be back...I've missed you all. I've had a tremendous piece of news 5 days ago : I am a proper teacher. Mind you, I will continue trying to get the other exam, but at least I've got this one. *relieved*
Phantom, there's absolutely no shame in having a Disney-themed sleepover when over 25. Age doesn't matter. Hope you know that!
I trust you had a great holiday, nakahara, and Yitzock pray enjoy yours!

Good Lord I'm so very, very happy to be back.
*throws kisses all around*
(yeah. You read correctly. Me. doing that.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 10, 2016 8:29 am  #1722

That is AMAZING news and well done Lily!! Good luck with it all!
And it's good to see you!

I'm still away... but the rest are still asleep... its only 10.30 in the morning after all...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 10, 2016 9:06 am  #1723

Ha! That's true, when at a sleepover, most people do tend to need a fair bit of sleep^^
Hope you had a good party, then!

As for me, just learnt yesterday night (or more precisely this morning, it was past midnight) that I'm invited to my cousin's for lunch, so I won't be at home for the day.

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 10, 2016 9:26 am  #1724

Hope you have a good time! Despite a late warning

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 10, 2016 9:39 am  #1725

Congratulations Lilly!!! The two years it took me to become a proper teacher were the worst in my life. :-p It is a mean hard time.

All the best to you from now on. Do you know where you will teach next term?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 10, 2016 9:41 am  #1726

Well done.
My future daughter-in-law is going through this process right now, in Innsbruck...well, when she returns after the Summer!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 10, 2016 9:45 pm  #1727

Thank you
No, I don't. Not yet, anyway. I know the General Area (salutes) but apart from that...I'll know for sure on 18th August...And next term starts on 1st September Oh, well, still better than knowing that a week before school starts again, I suppose.

July 10, 2016 9:47 pm  #1728

Yes my son has applied to a couple of schools back in the region he taught before and indeed, he won't know until August.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 11, 2016 9:53 pm  #1729

Congratulations, Lily, on your accomplishment!

And, needless to say, I am back. It was a short trip, not even a week, but it still feels like I haven't been home in a long time, I'm feeling a bit odd. But it's nice to have a break from the busy back and forth.

Clueing for looks.

July 12, 2016 7:10 am  #1730

Thank you, Yitzock!
I hope your few days away went fine even if now you feel a bit odd, I completely understand the sentiment, by the way.
To me, leaving home for a break is more of a necessity which I don't like -unless it's on my own terms to go, oh I don't know to London.

July 13, 2016 5:19 am  #1731

Very belated congrats!   Ooh... and I know that awkward 'home' feeling too... I'm the type that loves the places I go visit, when I visit them, so when come back, the first couple days home are almost a reverse 'homesickness'?  Or just feeling 'away', still.          Speaking of which.......

*dances*  *does the conga motions*  Goin' to Cali-for-nia!  Goin' to Cali-for-nia!   
Yay!  So weird the summer's half over (gah!) and the trip always seemed far off, but finally taking my little week's vacation out there to catch family again, leaving on Thursday morning.  Will check in, but probably not post much.  See you guys when I get back!!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

July 13, 2016 5:37 am  #1732

Welcome back to everyone who's been away!
Congrats to you, Lilythiell!
Have a great trip to California, Russell!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 14, 2016 6:21 am  #1733

Thank you, Solar and Russel
Enjoy California, Russel!

Oh, I'll be away for a couple of days next week, going to London - I need to go there. I miss it too much.

July 14, 2016 9:09 am  #1734

Lucky you and enjoy.

July 14, 2016 11:15 am  #1735

Well, although I don't write that much in here to think I'll be missed, but as I'm here a couple years now and I'm reading stuff daily in here I just wanted to say that I'm leaving for Italy until July, 27 and that I will miss the board. Have a great time everybody, go on being that crazy and everything, but please make sure the board still exists when I'm back, yes? Do it for me... pleeeeeeaaase? :D

Last edited by James Norrington (July 14, 2016 11:37 am)

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

July 14, 2016 11:34 am  #1736

Have some good times all of you! 

I won't be going anywhere this year... though given the smallest chance I'd pop off to London and I very nearly jumped on a train towards the Netherlands the other day... I am actually considering taking a day trip somewhere, even if I can't go abroad. 

But I hope all of you enjoy your trips and vacations! 

Oh, and this weekend I'll be visiting my mum, and the dog who had a health scare this week, poor thing. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

July 14, 2016 12:00 pm  #1737

Well I was going to wait until the time...but I will be in Italy 22-25.

July 14, 2016 2:50 pm  #1738

Enjoy your trips!

I just got back from a trip a couple days ago, but today my family and I are going away again, so this time I will not be back until Wednesday.

Clueing for looks.

July 14, 2016 2:52 pm  #1739

Oh right, well I'll be on here once you're back and before I leave...there's more to my trip.
Will post then!

July 21, 2016 11:24 am  #1740

Sorry for answering my own post, but just to flag this.
I know I alluded to it before, but I very nearly went away without revealing all!
I have kept this fairly quiet and it was only outed on Facebook a few days ago.
I only kept it quiet because of my own personal views, of which many of you are only to aware.
But in about half an hour, we set off on our trip.
We overnight in Munich, before heading onto Italy for our son's wedding.
We return next Monday and then Tuesday I am off again for my Mum's 80th, but I should be on here before then!
Dunno' what wifi I will have when away, but I am taking phone and netbook.

Board footera