BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 31, 2012 4:47 pm  #141

Re: Post Your Absence

SusiGo wrote:

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

Thank you to all my wonderful friends who were kind enough to offer me condolences in my time of grieving. This board will be welcome diversion for me now so i am glad to be back among you

hugs to all

Janine

I'm very glad you're back, SP. Greetings from Austria, Susi

Thanks Susi..missed you and everyone else too

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disguise is always a self portrait

July 31, 2012 7:38 pm  #142

Welcome back, SP. Hope being among your virtual friends helps some.

AreYou, try to make the best of it. It may turn out to be worthwhile or enjoyable. You never know.

August 2, 2012 3:32 am  #143

I'm going to Chicago for a long weekend, so I may not be on the forum much till next week. I plan to take one of my Sherlocked t-shirts, just in case. Have a good weekend, everyone!

August 2, 2012 5:47 am  #144

Have a nice time in the windy city VC.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 3, 2012 5:40 pm  #145

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

Thank you to all my wonderful friends who were kind enough to offer me condolences in my time of grieving. This board will be welcome diversion for me now so i am glad to be back among you

hugs to all

Janine

Welcome back, Janine, we missed you. I hope you are coping with your loss. It takes time to come to terms with these things and I hope we can provide a bit of a distraction for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

August 3, 2012 8:45 pm  #146

I am not going to be on here most, if not all, of tomorrow. We're off to watch the Olpympic Showjumping at Greenwich Park. Excited? Just a smidge. Now I want you all to be good whilst I am away and Ben ice (joke) to each other.

Oh... And no parties while I'm out you lot!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 3, 2012 11:27 pm  #147

Davina wrote:

I am not going to be on here most, if not all, of tomorrow. We're off to watch the Olpympic Showjumping at Greenwich Park. Excited? Just a smidge. Now I want you all to be good whilst I am away and Ben ice (joke) to each other.

Have a good time, Davina and enjoy the Showjumping... I hope it's not from Saint Bart's rooftop (bad joke, I know )
You can be sure I will misbehave, as is my duty

Last edited by Irene Adler (August 3, 2012 11:27 pm)

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

August 5, 2012 12:24 am  #148

And I'm hardly back in town but will be leaving again tomorrow... so sadly, no Sherlock Forum for the next few days.
But instead I'll get lots of sun and sea and beaches, so that will be nice. ;) Off to the south!
See you chaps all again in a few days!

August 5, 2012 12:48 am  #149

welcome back Sentimental pulse!!  I  hope you are feeling a bit better now.   you are amongst friends here,  remember that, ok? 

Oh davina I  am quite envious that you are enjoying the show jumping.   I  LOVE  horses, and I love the jumping events.  I've been away  for 5 days so I've got alot to catch up on,  I know!!   I  hope you enjoyed it.  Do  tell us about it. 

Well,  i'm  back.   But I'm having a bit of trouble with my computer.  It keeps skipping when I don't want it to,  and when I'm not even touching the mouse!!   it's doing it right now as I type this.  I  can't handle this. see ya.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 5, 2012 5:55 am  #150

Showjumping was really good. The atmosphere was brilliant and everyone was very friendly and welcoming and everything well-organised. The weather was quite kind in the end a bit of rain but nothing much and really sunny inbetween. The Brits did well (apart from Peter Charles who had a bit of a nightmare at one fence and went over the time). Most  teams had mixed results with some surprises as some top riders didn't qualify. The Belgians were brilliant. It was good to see a Syrian rider qualify and the Irish boys did well too (Moriarty would be pleased). The amazing Canadian rider Ian Millar was there at his 10th (yes 10th) Olympic games.

The noise the crowd made when the British riders came in each time was awesome.

Off again on Wednesday. This time for the individual medal competition where, no doubt, the fences will be even bigger and the course just, if not more, technically difficult.

August 6, 2012 7:23 pm  #151

Davina wrote:

Have a nice time in the windy city VC.

Thank you. We had a wonderful time as usual, despite the heat. Concert, play, Bean, Millenium Park, Magnificent Mile, shopping, Botanic Garden...
Several Sherlock recs which I will post in the appropriate place.

August 6, 2012 7:24 pm  #152

Davina wrote:

Hope it was great.

August 6, 2012 8:13 pm  #153

Ok. What's Bean?

August 7, 2012 1:08 am  #154

Sorry! It's an amazing sculpture on the Magnificent Mile of Michigan Avenue in Chicago. I think it is called Cloud Gate, but everyone calls it The Bean because of its shape. It is highly reflective, so its appearance changes all the time. The skyline from across MIchigan Avenue is especially striking. Also, you can walk right up to it watching your own image.  Be careful not to bump into it when you do,

I wanted to post an actual image, but no luck. Here's a link to a lot of them, though.

http://www.google.com/search?q=chicago+the+bean+image&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=gmkgUMTGNc23qAG_2YG4AQ&ved=0CEEQsAQ&biw=1396&bih=637

Last edited by veecee (August 7, 2012 1:11 am)

August 7, 2012 2:19 am  #155

Sorry last is a bit big but it is beautiful.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 7, 2012 2:27 am  #156

yikes!!   No wonder they call it the Bean!!   It  is beautiful indeed.   I'd be afraid to walk under that, though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 7, 2012 2:58 am  #157

The only danger is bumping into it. It's sort of disorienting as you get really near.

Last edited by veecee (August 7, 2012 2:59 am)

August 7, 2012 3:04 am  #158

veecee wrote:

The only danger is bumping into it. It's sort of disorienting as you get really near.

I can see how that would happen.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2770/4123638660_757a822cc2.jpg[/img]

and underneath looks like fun:

Geez, so many pretty views of it can be found online.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 7, 2012 6:53 am  #159

Wow! That would definitely be a must see. What an amazing piece of work. Like a giant gazing ball but a bean, if you know what I mean.

Last edited by Davina (August 7, 2012 6:53 am)

August 7, 2012 8:23 pm  #160

I won't be around here often or not at all for the next couple of days or so, guys.
Just got the news that my father's died tonight.
I'm quite devastated though he was rather old.
So many matters to be taken care of now…
Till then.
I trust all of you to be still here when I'll be back.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

Board footera