BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 28, 2012 4:58 pm  #121

Re: Post Your Absence

SusiGo wrote:

Soooorry, false friend - in English it's called a modem stick. It looks like a USB stick. You put it into your laptop and use it to access the Internet when there's no WLAN available. Why do Germans always have to invent English sounding words no English speaker understands??

Mattlocked, hope you don't mind that I copied your yellow car idea  .
And, yes, we're damaged beyond repair by CP and other things.

Ooops! Trapped! "False friends" - I used to have a book about these.... need to find it. 

I don't mind at all, Susi - if I would, you'd find these:     
It's so much fun!!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 28, 2012 5:15 pm  #122

Could be a new topic for the language thread. Sometimes it's really embarrassing with these FFs. .

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 28, 2012 5:44 pm  #123

Duck tape works well for repairs. Are you taking a lemon with you?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 28, 2012 6:03 pm  #124

I forgot to buy a lemon. I'll have to get one in Austria so it can travel back to Germany with me.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 28, 2012 11:03 pm  #125

I'm going to go to France tomorrow until August 8th. I'm going to take my laptop with me, but being a person of limited technological knowledge I don't really know whether I'm going to be able to actually go online much...but of course I hope so. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: If I wasn't everything that you think I am, everything that I think I am, would you still want to help me?
Molly: What do you need?
Sherlock: You.

July 28, 2012 11:08 pm  #126

Oh, have a wonderful time!

July 28, 2012 11:37 pm  #127

veecee wrote:

Oh, have a wonderful time!

Thanks a lot! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: If I wasn't everything that you think I am, everything that I think I am, would you still want to help me?
Molly: What do you need?
Sherlock: You.

July 29, 2012 8:29 am  #128

have a great trip mollyHfan!!  Your laptop  shud work  if You go to a wi fi  hotspot.   cafes  in france usually have it. 

As for myself,  I'll be gone for a whole week  till August 4th.   I'm going to Sin City.   Or  Lost Wages.  Whatever they call it,  I'm going there.   Hopefully I won't lose my quarters.   I'll miss you lot!!    Bye!!!

Last edited by sherlockskitty (July 29, 2012 8:29 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 29, 2012 12:39 pm  #129

Bon Voyage, SKitty and MollyHfan! I'm sure you'll have a really great time! Be sure to report back on your lovely trips! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 29, 2012 1:29 pm  #130

Bon voyage Mollyfan et bonne vacance aussi.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 30, 2012 10:17 pm  #131

Absent or just rarely online the next few days because I will be staying at a friend's house in another part of Germany! So... see you. ;)

July 31, 2012 10:59 am  #132

Thank you to all my wonderful friends who were kind enough to offer me condolences in my time of grieving. This board will be welcome diversion for me now so i am glad to be back among you

hugs to all

Janine

Disguise is always a self portrait

July 31, 2012 11:33 am  #133

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

Thank you to all my wonderful friends who were kind enough to offer me condolences in my time of grieving. This board will be welcome diversion for me now so i am glad to be back among you

hugs to all

Janine

I'm happy to have you back, Janine, we've missed you. I hope you feel better, I know how hard that is. I lost a good friend in March and I still feel bad about it, but it goes a bit better every day

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 31, 2012 11:52 am  #134

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

hugs to all

Janine

Hi, I don't know you at all, or what you are going through, but I just want to say that I hope that kindness will be with you in this hard time and that you'll be ok :3

Secondly, I'm being forced to go to this evil 'retreat' thingy for school so I'll be away for the next three days and two nights, if anyone cares LOL. I'll see if I can hijack my close friend's iPad to post a reply to the people I have been talking to, but if I don't please don't think I'm being rude or anything so yeah :3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 31, 2012 11:55 am  #135

Welcome back in the midst of craziness, Janine! We've been waiting for you and will help you to feel a little better.

Last edited by Mattlocked (July 31, 2012 12:05 pm)

July 31, 2012 11:59 am  #136

AreYouTryingToDeduceMe wrote:

Secondly, I'm being forced to go to this evil 'retreat' thingy for school so I'll be away for the next three days and two nights, if anyone cares LOL. I'll see if I can hijack my close friend's iPad to post a reply to the people I have been talking to, but if I don't please don't think I'm being rude or anything so yeah :3

Well... our eyes will have a rest from pink barbie-batch.    
Wish you a good effort with your school thingies and look forward to see you again here!

Last edited by Mattlocked (July 31, 2012 12:03 pm)

July 31, 2012 4:31 pm  #137

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

hugs to all

Janine

I'm very glad you're back, SP. Greetings from Austria, Susi

July 31, 2012 4:42 pm  #138

Irene Adler wrote:

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

hugs to all

Janine

I'm happy to have you back, Janine, we've missed you. I hope you feel better, I know how hard that is. I lost a good friend in March and I still feel bad about it, but it goes a bit better every day

Irene I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours

July 31, 2012 4:44 pm  #139

AreYouTryingToDeduceMe wrote:

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

hugs to all

Janine

Hi, I don't know you at all, or what you are going through, but I just want to say that I hope that kindness will be with you in this hard time and that you'll be ok :3

Thank you so much and a belated welcome to the board

July 31, 2012 4:45 pm  #140

Mattlocked wrote:

Welcome back in the midst of craziness, Janine! We've been waiting for you and will help you to feel a little better.

Thanks Mattlocked....be careful what you wsh for...Mwahahaha!

Board footera