BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 30, 2014 8:03 am  #1261

Re: Post Your Absence

Welcome back, Schmiezi, and have safe travels, Biggles!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 31, 2014 9:57 pm  #1262

Oops! Been away and forgot to tell anyone here. I went to Sardinia. It was lovely and I managed to speak a lot of Italian while there, plus ate and drank a lot of Italian food and wine! Back home now. But away again on Saturday until late on 10th August. Tis time to the south of France, via Barcelona on the way there and back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 1, 2014 7:18 am  #1263

All sounds fab.
Enjoy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 1, 2014 10:03 am  #1264

That sounds wonderful Davina, have a great time 

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

August 1, 2014 11:46 am  #1265

I do evny you Europeans.  You can go to another coutnry for the weekend.  Everything here in American is so far away in comparison.  :-(

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 1, 2014 11:48 am  #1266

My son's across the pond at the moment, I'm quite jealous!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 1, 2014 11:53 am  #1267

besleybean wrote:

My son's across the pond at the moment, I'm quite jealous!

On vacation?  Where did he go over here?

August 1, 2014 11:54 am  #1268

tonnaree wrote:

I do evny you Europeans.  You can go to another coutnry for the weekend.  Everything here in American is so far away in comparison.  :-(

Yes, and frellin' expensive to get to. Still and all, we do have Canada (love Canada!) and Mexico.  And places like St. Thomas.

August 1, 2014 11:56 am  #1269

My boy's mainly in Georgia, I think.

August 1, 2014 4:21 pm  #1270

besleybean wrote:

My boy's mainly in Georgia, I think.

Bet it's hot there!  Not a great place to visit in the summer, unless he's one of those people who love it when it's hazy, hot and humid.

August 1, 2014 4:23 pm  #1271

He fried when he was in Tuscany!

Last edited by besleybean (August 1, 2014 4:23 pm)

August 2, 2014 2:01 pm  #1272

Tomorrow I'm going to my summer husbandry practice to work on a cattle farm. It will take me about a month but I'll try to be on the forum sometimes.

So, have a nice August everyone

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

August 2, 2014 2:50 pm  #1273

That sounds quite exciting, and hard work!  Have a great time!

August 2, 2014 2:52 pm  #1274

Martha, at first I've read "I'm going to my summer husband"

Have a nice time!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

August 2, 2014 2:54 pm  #1275

Schmiezi

A cattle farm? Have a nice time there, Marta.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

August 2, 2014 3:08 pm  #1276

Marta, now that sounds quite unusual - have a great time and do join us here from time to time!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 2, 2014 3:31 pm  #1277

Thank you, ladies, take care

"

August 3, 2014 2:23 pm  #1278

Hello, lovelies!
I always seem to remember this thread too late, using it just to explain a longer absence...
Haven't been around for a couple of weeks bc there are summer holidays in germany and we did some travelling. We went to the Netherlands and had a motorboat to ship some little water ways which is truly lovely! The only thing was my brother- in-law and his wife, they are nice, don't get me wrong, but they don't have children, so in narrow spaces that means two worlds collide. Afterwards we had a lovely beach holiday on the island of Texel with great sun and warmth and the Northern Sea at its best. And we were truly happy that the football world championship did not end with Germany and the Netherlands in the final! And after that hubby and me went to Rome for three days on our own.
But now it's back in everyday life and the feeling will too soon be gone as my colleague at the hospital is still seriously ill which means lots of shifts to cover. Anyway, good to be back again and flip through lots of interesting pages.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

August 3, 2014 3:36 pm  #1279

Good to have you back, mrshouse. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 3, 2014 4:35 pm  #1280

Welcome back, mrshouse! I was already beginning to wonder where you are.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

Board footera