BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 17, 2014 7:27 am  #1041

Re: Post Your Absence

Poor Solar!
I'm thinking it might get quiet around here for a while? lots of people seem to be going away around the same time.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

April 17, 2014 7:43 am  #1042

SolarSystem wrote:

Zatoichi, have a great time! More or less the same thing awaits me next week, five days away and probably no internet at all.

Same to you, Solar! We will persevere! 
Thank you Tinks, yes with Easter holidays all around it will probably be a bit quieter than usual.. or more lively because many people aren´t distracted by boring things like work anymore! 

April 17, 2014 7:46 am  #1043

Zatoichi, nevertheless enjoy your holiday. What we say in Germany: Everything that don't kills you, makes you tougher.

Solar, a whole week without you???????????

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 17, 2014 8:05 am  #1044

Zatoichi, we will. One way or another.

Oh yes, gently, I know... don't be too sad.
Seriously, with a bit of luck I might have internet access from time to time, but right now I just don't know.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 17, 2014 8:11 am  #1045

SolarSystem wrote:

Oh yes, gently, I know... don't be too sad.
Seriously, with a bit of luck I might have internet access from time to time, but right now I just don't know.

I will certainly get withdrawal symptons ... no brilliant pictures ... no brilliant comments ...

Last edited by gently69 (April 17, 2014 8:12 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

April 17, 2014 8:18 am  #1046

Wow. Did I pay you to say all these sweet things...? Can't quite remember...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

April 17, 2014 8:26 am  #1047

Not yet ... just checked my bank statements.

(Tony Hadley)

April 17, 2014 8:32 am  #1048

Oh, btw, the BBC already took my money... delivery in September, that's just ridiculous!
Anyway... I'll miss you (and the whole forum), too.

April 17, 2014 8:38 am  #1049

Zatoichi - enjoy! 

And Solar, what can I say? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 17, 2014 8:44 am  #1050

Don't say a word, Harriet. No souvenirs!

April 17, 2014 8:44 am  #1051

SolarSystem wrote:

Oh, btw, the BBC already took my money... delivery in September, that's just ridiculous!

-insert pun about BBC and waiting here- 

April 17, 2014 9:28 am  #1052

Oh yes, right, we're "The Fandom that waited"... how could I forget...

April 18, 2014 1:43 am  #1053

I'm baaack. I'm just going to mark all posts as read and start from now. If there is anything anyone thinks I should read/be aware of/jump in on, please PM me!

And here's a panoramic pic of the view I had for my first week of holiday. Just so you can all be jealous and I can be sad that I'm not still there...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

April 18, 2014 4:19 am  #1054

Welcome back!   *jealous*

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 18, 2014 7:46 am  #1055

Wholocked wrote:

I'm baaack. I'm just going to mark all posts as read and start from now. If there is anything anyone thinks I should read/be aware of/jump in on, please PM me!

And here's a panoramic pic of the view I had for my first week of holiday. Just so you can all be jealous and I can be sad that I'm not still there...

Oh yes, I AM jealous. Welcome " home". 

(Tony Hadley)

April 20, 2014 6:06 am  #1056

I never really posted my absence, but would like to say that I'm back too.

I was away from the forum because of a slightly complicated pregnancy, but that's now over. So I am bursting to tell you that on April 14th my son Florian was born.
Facts for those who care about numbers: He was born at 5:09 pm, with a weight of 2980 g and was 50 cm tall. The first time I saw him, he was marveling at the world with eyes wide open and a frown on his face.

We had to stay in hospital for 5 days because it was a Cesarean (the young man had tried to come out feet first). We are both fine (within normal parameters, that is. I'm still cursing loud when I have to sit down or stand up again) and home since yesterday.

At the moment, he eats and sleeps rather regularly, but as I'm not sure how that will turn out to be in the long run, I don't know how much time I will be able to spend here during the next weeks. Now I have go and read three month of posts I've missed as long as he's sleeping.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 20, 2014 6:32 am  #1057

Congrats, Schmiezi, this is wonderful news.  So happy for you. :-)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 20, 2014 7:17 am  #1058

Aaaw congratulations Schmiezi!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 20, 2014 7:19 am  #1059

Hooray,Schmiezi...congratualtions on presenting the forum with our first baby Sherlockian!
I'm sure I wasn't the only one to be thinking of you, in your absence.
Good news and love the name.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 20, 2014 7:29 am  #1060

Congratulations Schmiezi! Beautiful news!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

Board footera